Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help plz!!!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by vipermyst, Apr 7, 2004.

1. vipermyst

vipermyst IncGamers Member

help plz!!!

I got kicked out of game name micasa//esa. ladder game with a few items on ground. can't get back in. can someone plz get items for me? thanks. I'll be on *vipermyst2 when I can get in.
    -crys-

2. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Probably not on Europe because there it doesn't exist. Or else the game wasn't open long enough to be held open after you left.

3. vipermyst

well, thanks whoever took the items. I would like to get them back. I finally got back on and everything was gone from game. I will pay a reward of some kind for the things back. you can keep the raven frost or something like that. the main things I want back are the tals armor and the tomb reaver. please contact me here or in game on *vipermyst2. I'm usually on from evening til kinda late west coast time so if I don't answer right away I'm probably cooking dinner or cleaning(my work is never done). I would appreciate a reply here so I'll hope whoever got everything is honest like everyone here claims to be. thanks in advance. if reward isn't high enough, just say so and I'll give something better. more like blackmail but worth it if I get my items I need back. thanks again,
    -crys-

4. vipermyst

sorry. game was on uswest and is ladder. and I always time the game to make sure it has been open at least 10 minutes or so. so I know it was open long enough to save. I was panicking as you can imagine. can someone maybe help me understand why game does this to me on occasion? I make a normal game to xfer things to a mule. when I try to relog on mule after I have dropped items game says "cannot connect to b-net, you may need to check with your ISP, blah, blah, blah". it doesn't do it often and the only thing I can think of is I'm relogging too fast or something. has anyone had this happen to them or is it the "conspiracy theory" I make up in my head when things go wrong to me alone. lol. please let me know if you know what I am doing wrong here or if you have any info for me to keep it from happening again. thanks,
    -crys-

5. RunningUppercut

RunningUppercut Banned

You were entering and leaving the game to fast. My trick is to wait at least 30 seconds before each enter and leave, and that way I don't get kicked off.

As for your items, I'm sorry for your loss. Just more proof to me that everyone here isn't as peachy as everyone wants to think. They are BNetters after all...

6. xib

xib IncGamers Member

lol you thought you would get your items back ? lmao

thats like those ppl who die in a baal run and complain for the rest of the time about 'who took my gold'

if its on the ground, or you give your game pw out, dont expect to be getting it back, ever.

btw, i play on east, so it wasnt me.

just struck me as funny that someone would publicly advertise their private game/pw and actually think they will get their items back.

and before someone comes in with their campfire story about 'this one time someone was nice....." think about it.

yeah that one time, and then the other 999999999999 times ppl were a-holes about it.

nice ppl is one thing i have yet to find on b-net.
    everyone who acts nice to me just wants something from me, usually items.

7. Nathanjk

Nathanjk IncGamers Member

Did your parents beat you as a child?

Everyone who takes other peoples items is just like you. They think everyone else steals items if its on the grown its mine. I have actually met many people who are nice on bnet.

Lastly what was he supposed to do. If he didn't post anything the game would have disappeared and he wouldn't have got them. At least this way he had a chance. I would have done the same thing.

8. vipermyst

well, I am somewhat new to forums and from what I see people say here they would help out if someone was in trouble, which I was at the moment. I don't go around giving out game names and p/w's but had to to get a chance at someone getting in game before it went poof. anyway, I haven't had anyone respond and am not really expecting them to. I guess people as you say can't be trusted, even from these forums, as much as we all would like to kid ourselves into thinking. whoever got the stuff I lost, enjoy it. it's not like it was the greatest thing even in this game and it is just a game. I can always find replacements so no big deal. I sure hope everyone here doesn't have the same bad idea of people like xib does. this world is in real trouble if we can't or don't at least try to look at people with some hope of goodness. getting off my soapbox now.
    -crys-

9. xib

xib IncGamers Member

ive been locked out and made it back in before the game went down.

at least leaving it to myself i had a chance of getting them back.

publcily advertising 'hey items in this game' and then expecting them back, lmao, thats just dumb.

do you leave your keys in your car, get out and put a sign up that says, keys in car, please dont steal, then walk away ?? lmao

if your so gullible as to think everyone out there is all nice and good, your going to have a rough life.

and btw, no, my parents were great, they did the best the humanly could to bring me up properly.

my outlook is from experience.

10. Nathanjk

Nathanjk IncGamers Member

I think your analagy was wrong. I would compare it to putting up a sign that you had lost your dog and gave descriptions of it. If someone found the dog they could just keep it because they knew the owner was not close by to find out. The owner however knows that putting up this sign is his best chance to get his dog back so he puts up the sign anyway.

EDIT:
    I think you may have misinterpreted him. He didn't make this post EXPECTING to get his items back, he made the post HOPING to get his items back.

11. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Ah well, to bad it wasn't on Europe. I'm pretty positive that I was one of the first to read your post (clock time and post time were the same). I would've stored the items for you and would have given them back to you.

And to the guys who complain that someone took their money when they died; First of all, you do also loose money when you die. When you have a full stash this is almost as much as you loose because of the death. Second, just don't die. And third, do 5 minutes worth of Pindleruns, sell the loot, and you're back with some gold.

12. vipermyst

well, just an update to my misfortune, someone(who wishes to remain un-named for whatever reason) was kind enough to GIVE me a tals armor. I lost alot more than that but that was the item I needed most so I wish to comment that not all people on bnet are jerks. I owe this person my gratitude and much more. if even half the people on here were as honest as they claim to be the game would be alot more fun. anyway, thanks again to the good people out there and to the bad, I hope you get robbed, etc, etc and you'll see how it feels if nobody helps out. if anyone EVER needs anything from me, if it be brokering a trade on anni's or whatever, just /w me at *vipermyst2 or leave pm here. I'd be glad to return favor. except to the 1 person in this post that wasn't so nice. have a great night all.
    -crys-