Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help plz

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TrueSS, Mar 12, 2004.

1. TrueSS

TrueSS IncGamers Member

Help plz

i need help playing diablo w/o the cd plz.

2. TrueSS

TrueSS IncGamers Member

i believe its called d2 crack?

3. corndog420

corndog420 IncGamers Member

I believe you're on the wrong forum. :thumbsup:

4. th5418

th5418 Banned

I believe that this site doesnt allow 3rd party programs.

5. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

I believe you should pay for the game if you want to play it.

6. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

If he asks that it doesn't mean he doesn't own the game...

I, for example, own the game, but play without a cd to reduce machine lag. I use a CD-Drive imitator program and an image of D2 LOD to play.

7. Newest Newb

Newest Newb IncGamers Member

Yes, but hes asking for a program called d2 crack...
    Doesn't sound like the method you're using, eh?

8. Feeling Oblivion

Feeling Oblivion IncGamers Member

Well assuming he isnt, get some kind of virtual drive program like daemon tools, make an image file of your LOD cd, and then mount in it on a virtual drive.

9. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Don't assume. He is asking for a crack, read his second post (which is right under his first).

TrueSS, it is against forum rules to discuss or help obtain crack programs. Please read the forum rules before posting these sorts of things.

10. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

What do these capital SS's stand for and with a prefix:true, I hope it's not what I think it is. Hope some mod could :spy:

11. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

He's saying "I believe it's called a crack". "I believe" is the equivalent of "I think", meaning he doesn't know that it's a crack or not... he may have heard of it from someone he doesn't know or something. It doesn't mean he's trying to use the crack, if he doesn't know IF it's called a crack to begin with.

Anyways, that's getting into the technical stuff; I love argueing :surprise: . I also think he's talking about an "illegal" crack for D2, but I'm just pointing out that could be something else... :idea:

12. Dredd

He only claimed he was unsure of the name...

He is certainly sure that he wants something to allow him to play without the CD. It's against forum rules to help with information on such proggies.

That's like walking up to some random person, shooting them in the head, then claiming innocence because the shooter 'didn't know it was murder'. C'mon, unless the original poster has just recently had a lobotomy, he knows very well what he is asking for is a crack; and he certainly knows what a crack is.

However, he may not know that it's naughty to ask about such things here, which is why I told him to read the forum rules. :)

13. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Well, I believe numerous persons have mention the Alchohol 120% approach where you can play without the CD.

I do that on most of my machines, saves alot of hazzles.

14. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

...Which is exactly what I do, and what I do is perfectly legal, as long as I own the cd. He never said he doesn't own the CD.

Sorry, but I've been taught and taught myself never to assume anything. What you are doing, is assuming that the shooter in your example knew what murder was. So let me give you this example: what if the shooter in your example was a 1 year old boy? Or a mental patient? Or just a person who doesn't know the definition of murder? Not everyone knows everything, you know.

In this case, the "shooter" is a guy (or a girl) asking for something, anything, that could make his game work without a CD. There are very many ways to do this. This could be done with a crack, maybe by manually editing the files to read a certain directory instead of a CD, or a program like Alchohol 120% or Daemon Tools (which is what I use). In his second post, he said that he thinks that it's called a crack -- possibly because he overheard it from another person, or some random guy on bnet answered him with that. He may not know what a crack is, simply because he, for instance, just got his first computer, or the word "crack" does not appear in the dictionary as this particular meaning (I checked WordWeb and Dictionary.com).

Again, I want to mention that, I too, agree that the original poster is probably trying to get an illegal crack.

15. ericbres

ericbres IncGamers Member

"Ignorance of the law" does not hold up in the federal court system.

Ericbres <--- former boarding team member / US Coast Guard 1st District Maritime Law Enforcement Team

I can't begin to count the amount of times I heard someone say they didn't realize they couldn't transport cannibus for medicinal purposes without specific medical documentation. :lol:

Now ... back on track ...
    Sure would be cool to play without a CD. In all honesty, can it be done without any form of crack or 3rd party program?
    Or is that against Blizz EULA?

16. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

As far as I know, the Deamon Tools way that I use is legal... as long as you own the CD, and didn't just download the image of the CD.

Use Nero or some other program to burn a CD into an "image" file (extensions include .iso, .ccd, .cue, .nrg, etc.), and then get Deamon Tools, and select it to run a Virtual Drive with the D2 CD's image file that you made. Deamon Tools supports up to 4 virtual cd/dvd-drives.

Since it's not made only for D2, but for any game, program, or movie that uses a CD, it's not considered a 3rd party D2 program.

17. Dredd

I am uncertain where the EULA stands in regards to playing without the cd. I am fairly certain that, so long as you own the actual cd, it is within your right to burn a copy and play with that (to save wear and tear on your original cd -- this is the method that I use) or burn yourself a cd image so you don't have to use an actual cd at all.

Cracks and virtual images are abused like crazy, however. This is not the forum to be discussing them on. We also have no clue as to whether the creator of this thread owns the CDs or not; so I am not about to give him a bunch of pointers.

If I were a moderator, I would simply lock this thread and make this whole business a non-issue. Unfortunately I'm not so I will simply ...

*Washes his hands of the whole thing*

*Leaves the thread*

18. th5418

th5418 Banned

Well, lets stop assuming until the thread starter returns. Lets stop the flame and cant we all just get along. We all assumed something.