Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help pls

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by royalhu, Aug 31, 2006.

1. royalhu

royalhu IncGamers Member

help pls

I'm having so big problems in single player... I can't pass the game... I die so often.. too often, I have to tp every min, I have to use mass potions not to die...especially in diablo dungeon... I'm playin' nightmare difficulty and die always...I simply can't pass the game...
    Can anyone tell me which paladin is the best and the easiest for passing the game? which skills to use?

2. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

You could try to backtrack a little and get some more levels and better stuff from there.

3. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Check the Sticky in the Pally forum for Pally Guides.
    What is your level, what gear do you have, what are your stats, are your resists half decent?

Can you survive the Pits OK? If so, go back there for a bit. More info required.

And welcome btw.

4. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Hello. Thyiad asked most of the questions I would have. All I have to add to ask is what skill points have you placed and what type of mercenary are you using?

5. Ezeran

Ezeran IncGamers Member

There was no point posting this twice, once here and once in the barbarian forum. But as the others said, we need more info, we can't just tell you what is the best, there isn't one, Diablo 2 is really quite a deep game skill's wise and there is no sure fire winner. But yes as others have said, if your dieing alot the best thing to do is go back a bit and level up.

6. Phosheez

Phosheez IncGamers Member

With the amount of info given I would say one of your choices could be to go back and run NM meph for some decent gear. He drops pretty well. It may take 100-200 runs but thatll get you a couple levels hopefully and some good items as well.

7. Ezeran

Ezeran IncGamers Member

Also Baal is always great for loot and Level's provided you can kill him easily. Although if your quite a bit into nightmare, normal baal won't give much XP. Really it depends how far into nightmare you are, what level you are, your gear and skills.

8. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

This to me sounds like the Chaos Sanctuary? Could be wrong, but if so then I'd second the vote for returning to Mephisto in NM and giving him a good beating. As was said he can drop some good items for you, and should be better for experience.

9. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Another good and quik place to run for experience and gear is travincaal high council.Run them and meph till you stop getting good experience then move on to Diablo.By that time your gear should have improved also. :wink:

10. royalhu

royalhu IncGamers Member

I've passed the Chaos Sanctuary... I'm using some unique 2 handed gothic axe... I play with zeal and fanaticism... my attack is 500-1300...
    Now I cant pass act5: quest Rite of Passage... those guardians are too strong.. I can't kill one of them, I can't even take half of health to one of them... I drop mass potions on the ground before I start, and it still doesn't help...
    and btw I'm lvl 65

11. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Shop for wand with lifetap charges, put it on the switch and use the lifetap on the three ancients. Easy victory. It works for all hard targets in the game (edit: if you have physical damage dealing character).
    BTW. Paladins excels in shield usage. Playing your first Paladin without this advantage is probably what makes it so hard for you. Oh, and if you are using 2h weapon, you should stack life leech, it should make things much easier.

12. royalhu

royalhu IncGamers Member

thx dude... it helped me... even I've died 5 times, 6th time I passed them, and I killed baal so easily, he is nothing in compare to those 3 guardians,
    and he dropped ****ing nothing... where can I find some good items?

13. Ezeran

Ezeran IncGamers Member

Kill Baal alot, for xp and and loot, diablo and Meph are also good.

My fav is to run the council and meph for a while then run pindleskin on /players 8 clearing his garden too, XP is very nice and you get some very nice drops. Then after that I like to run Baal alot, very good XP and loot. But takes a while due to his minions, so he's not just a kill loot boss, unlike Meph.

14. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

I agree I mf countess,trav,meph,pindle in each run. But only after Ive run baal to get my desired lvl. Sometimes I mf in the frigid highlands I forget his name but he is in the first group you meet past the waypoint

15. royalhu

royalhu IncGamers Member

I killed baal 2 more times(nightmare difficulty) and he dropped again nothing... nothing that I need... some staffs for sorceress, bows for amazons and gauntles which I already have...

16. Ezeran

Ezeran IncGamers Member

You don't just kill him once or twice, for example I've killed Meph 10 times today and pindleskin around 20 and I plan to do alot more later. Get your magic find up and keep running them and eventually you'll get lucky.

17. royalhu

royalhu IncGamers Member

where can I find this pindleskin?
    anyone know where can I search for runes?

18. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

1. Act 5 in the red portal which anya opens, just go inside the house after the garden.
    2. Countness.

19. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

1. And don't touch the waypoint there, ever, or the Portal disappears.

Jude