Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help!!! please read

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Makaveli, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Makaveli

Makaveli IncGamers Member

Help!!! please read

Hey sorry if this is in the wrong forum (probably is though) but i wasn't quite sure which one to put in, and this is the forum im always on...anyway.

Okay so i woke up this morning and when i went to start up diablo it gave me a "please insert cd into tray" thing. So i checked and it was in there. So i closed the tray and then it showed me the usualy thing with the assassin and the druid, and asking me if i want to play LOD. I was like okay good nothign wrong. When i hit play it once again gave me the 'please insert cd into tray' thing. I got mad and went to the support page for diablo. I didn't find much help there as there wasn't much XP stuff. So anyway i uninstalled and reinstalled. To my suprise the game worked, and a played for a bit. Then i had to go east some food, so i exited out of diablo. When i came back to try and play it once again gave me the 'please insert cd into tray' thing. I am really mad now, i really dont want to install the game everytime i want to play. Please someone help.

sorry for the long post!!!!

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

I'm pretty stupid when it comes to computers but my guess is their is something wrong with your disc drive, this happened to me before and I had to get a new one, it wasn't reading anything or something. it could also be a dirty/scratched disc, but hey. Try emailing blizz tech support?

3. Makaveli

Well it cant be a problem with the drive because when i re-install the game it works just fine......i just really dont want to re-install EVERY time i wanna mf or play....

4. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

More info needed...

You say that it works fine after you reinstall the game? So you get to play once after reinstall but if you close DiabloII and try to rerun it, you get the CD error again?

5. Makaveli

Exactly, thats what happens. I reinstalled and left the game open, minimized when i went on msn, but when i exited out i got the CD error. Some help would be GREATLY appreciatied

6. Makaveli

Bump!!

Come on there are a lot of smart people here....

7. Christopher Sin

Christopher Sin IncGamers Member

The "Please insert CD" bug is fixed by just restarting your computer. If that doesn't work then maybe it's a conflict with your drive or some other program. What brand CD-Rom do you use?

I know of some Copy-Protect features on software that will let you install a game and sometimes play, but then bug out and won't let the drive read the CD. I don't remember there being any copy-protect on Diablo 2, but you might be experiencing a simmilar problem.

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You could try to create a CD image e.g. with CloneCD and use it with the DaemonTools CD-Rom emulation. You need a CD-Rom which is capable of making a backup which is good enough to fool the copy protection. It must be able to correctly read subchannel data or something like that. Search Google for "Diablo CloneCD" for further information.

Strictly spoken, this might be illegal in some countries, although I don't believe that you have to fear consequences, as long as you use it for personal use only and on just one computer at the same time.

9. Elu's Might

Elu's Might IncGamers Member

There are several solutions that work for me.
    1) (more or less questionable) Get a CD-Crack [patch] to the game. It removes the CD-Check. (I use this :))

2) Try to clean up the CD drive, e.g. blow gently into it (works to me sometimes).

3) Brush the CD from the optical side, maybe with a piece of cloth.

4) Check the drive from System for CD drive conflicts.

Hope this helps, BR

10. Makaveli

Can i get a link to that cd-crack(patch) you were talking about?

11. Nirlem

Nirlem IncGamers Member

This is a known issue on some hardware: (soundblaster pci 64 is one of them)
    had this problem for some time. Below is what helps me!

step one:
    make sure all your drivers are updated (soundcard most important)

step two:
    close down all applications using your soundcard in any way (winamp or the like)

step three:
    start the game and it will work fine!

12. Makaveli

Any other suggestions? Like i said the disk reads fine so its not my cd problem ( when i put it in it shows the assassin/druid thing, but when i click the button to play i get the cd error) is the cd crack thing against the rules? As i do have the which i bought so it really shouldn't be. A link to where i could download it would be great. Also War3x is doing the same thing. This is extreamally weird....

thanks.

13. Makaveli

step one: This is a fairly new comp, about 2 months. By updating you mean making sure my hardware is up to date?

step 2: How would i go about this step? Just close all apps that are running?

step 3: I tried closing down everything and still got the same message, i think maybe im doing something wrong.

14. weregamer

weregamer IncGamers Member

No, Nirlem meant what he said. Make sure your DRIVERS are up-to-date. If you're using WinXP, go to the Windows Update site and see if there's anything out of date on your machine. Otherwise, try going to the web sites for the makers of your sound card and your video card, and download and install the latest DRIVERS for your hardware.

A driver is the piece of low-level system software that, oversimplifying horrendously, tells the rest of the computer how to use a given piece of hardware. Hardware companies tend to ship their products as soon as the hardware is ready, with buggy drivers, so it's very important to have the most recent ones you can get.

15. less_than_adam

less_than_adam IncGamers Member

If you have a big hard drive, I'd recomend just making an image of the CD and saving it to your HD. I use a program called alcohol 120%. It is really easy to use and you dont have to worry about scratching your CD. Again, it is a really easy program to use. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be glad to try to answer them.

16. Makaveli

Alright thanks guys, ill try out these ideas and let you know if everything goes well (hopefully) and ill post back later.

Thanks again.

17. Makaveli

Alright still having trouble guys, and gettin sick of installing everytime i want to play. What does creating and image really mean? I tried to intall the alcohol 120% thing but i got an error and it wouldn't open for me.

Anyone else have this problem, or no what to do or have any explination of why this is happening?

18. Zardoz

Zardoz IncGamers Member

I'll echo what everone else has said run windows update and update as required. Go to the hardware manufactures site and install the latest drivers, some you may need to uninstall and then install the new driver.

If the problem is still not solved either create an image, which is a copy of the disk stored on your hard drive. CDClone is a good choice for this if your CD is supported. Or you could just go to say GameCopyWorld and look for the no cd crack.

19. Nirlem

Nirlem IncGamers Member

Well the first thing you could do is post what you have for system:
    pentium x yyy/mhz
    graphic card
    soundcard
    ram
    OS
    and anything else we could need to find the problem.