Help on unknown passive skillls

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Help on unknown passive skillls

Hi everyone, I'm aware of a few skills that have passive boosts like blessed aim for AR when not active, pally resist skills for increasing maximum resist and having charge on the left button when you are using a bow as a paladin. Hmmmm, looks like all paladin stuff huh? Well can you guys help on more, on the other classes as well please. Thanks

toader

Banned
They arent passive skills, they are auras.

To get the benefits from them, you must have the aura active on your right skill slot. Its passive in the sense that you dont have to click it to make it work, it will just grant you bonuses while you have the aura active.

True passive skills, such as the amazons critical strike, or the barbarians natural resists for example grant bonuses naturally, or without having to be active.

The difference between the paladin resistance aura, and the barbarian passive skills (natural resists) is that while the paladin has his aura, he gets the bonuses from it, but when he chooses another aura, or switches to another skill, he loses those bonuses. The barbarian on the other hand, will retain his bonuses from natural resistances no matter what skill he is using.

I hope that helps to clear it up some.

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
toader said:
They arent passive skills, they are auras.
Actually Toader, some of the auras do give passive benefits. For example points in the resistance auras raise max resist by one point. I'm not sure about the others, I'll look it up.
Pally FAQ said:
Individual Resist Auras
Pally FAQ said:
: These auras have been granted a hidden passive bonus in 1.10. When they’re active, you and your party members will receive a 1% bonus to your max resistance to that element per level, up to 95%. When the aura isn’t active, the Paladin will receive a 0.5% bonus to his max resistance to that element per level, counting only the base skill points of the aura in question

toader

Banned
SuggestiveName said:
Actually Toader, some of the auras do give passive benefits. For example points in the resistance auras raise max resist by one point. I'm not sure about the others, I'll look it up.

touche

I did not know that they got .5% max resistances per level. I guess the only place this would really come into effect on a viable build would be the holy shock paladin who would max 'Resist Lightning.' Not to many other people put ANY points, more than one, into the individual resist auras.

Mr Evil

Diabloii.Net Member
There's another one for the necro: Having poison dagger selected grants you the ar bonus even if you're not using a dagger.

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
toader said:
touche

I did not know that they got .5% max resistances per level. I guess the only place this would really come into effect on a viable build would be the holy shock paladin who would max 'Resist Lightning.' Not to many other people put ANY points, more than one, into the individual resist auras.
Yeah it's totally useless. If you got like 2 or 3 % max resist it might be worth it to put some points in.

Daevren

Diabloii.Net Member
My avenger has 10 points in all three resists. They give my paladin extra damage.

Also the fire and lightning auras are handy sometimes.

ROMVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I maxed the lightning aura to max my max lightning resist to 85. It allows me to not have to wear a guardian angel, and with Tgod, the gloams in act 5 hell just heal me. of course that cost me 20 skill points so it is a big trade-off. Thanks for the info on the necros Evil, good for a bow using necro. Please keep the info coming, thanks.