Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help on Smiter gear

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Skinnayman, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Skinnayman

Skinnayman IncGamers Member

Help on Smiter gear

Alright I know what skills I need to go where and stats but what about the gear? So far I only know a little bit of what to use so what about the rest help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Helm:Shako? andys? Coa?
    Armor:Ive heard good things about fortitude? If not what else?
    Weapon:Grief Zerker/ PB
    Shield:Upd Hoz or what about exile or pheonix?
    Boots:Eth Treks? Gores?
    Gloves: 20% IAS Crushing blow crafted
    Amy:Seraphs ? maras?
    Ring:Soj/Bk
    Ring:Raven

Any help would be really great thanks in advance. :D

2. ScorpioFury

ScorpioFury IncGamers Member

Ur setup looks ok, though uncertain. Here are my suggestions, but im not an expert on the smiter.

Helm:Crown of Ages (2x ber if u can)
    Armor:Fortitude
    Weapon:Grief Zerker/ Phase Blade
    Shield: Upgraded Hoz for skills / Exile for defense and life tap / Pheonix for crazy smite damage
    Boots:Gores for the crush/bleed. If u need the str go with treks (u will kill in a couple hits anyways)

Gloves: 20% IAS Crushing blow crafted
    Amy:Maras for resist against sorc's
    Ring:Soj/Bk
    Ring:Raven

3. Skinnayman

Thanks for the help most likely I will go for the pheonix and the Coa atleast I have something to work towards now :lol: anymore opinions would be great so keep em coming :D

4. ScorpioFury

ScorpioFury IncGamers Member

Actually i do have a couple more ideas. If your smite damage looks pretty good, you could use a +str/+dex ring in place of the soj/bk. This will not only leave more points for you to put in life, but the +str will make your smite damage go up a bit, though not significantly. The downside is that you lose the +1skill (taking away from holy shield, thus lowering damage) and you lose some life if u use the bk ring. (of course this life can be regained by putting points intended for str (that ur ring gives you anyways) into vita.

Also, Upped HoZ rules! Not only do you get +4 smite and +4 holy shield from it, but it also provides resistances against those nasty sorcs. Also, the damage is very reliable. However, if your resistance isnt suffering or if you dont duel sorcs, go ahead and use that phoenix. I must admit, Phoenix does beef up that damage realy well.

Hope this wasnt too confusing lol.

-Leo

5. Skinnayman

Not at all confusing :D anyway yeah I was thinking that I have a couple +20 str rings lieing around just need to get some with good mods. Not sure if its really worth all the high runes to make pheonix I probably will eventually but till then i've been seeing lots of good stuff about upd hoz so I will stick to that for now it seems.

About the armor is fortitude the best armor I could use? My resists should be pretty good so I dont think id need a Coh but what about enigma or is there any other good options to think about? Thanks