Help On PvP Trapper

Generator

Diabloii.Net Member
Help On PvP Trapper

Hey, what skills should I max/put points into for a pure pvp trapper. I know max LS and all its synergies, but after that what shadow skills should I put points into? Also, what is a good pvp gear setup for a dual-claw trapper. Thanks alot for any advice/help!!

Generator

Diabloii.Net Member
Gear so far is dual claws (probably around 75-85 dex/str req), mage nigma, rare traps ammy with 13str, either shako or Sin/fcr circlet, magefist, soj/fcr ring, arachs, 19-20dex raven, either treks or +2 shadow dancers (which should I choose, and is +1 still worth it?), 9xtrap gcs and 17/11 anni, 17/19 torch. Any advice guys? What is the best gear for dual claw sin, and should I put the rest of my points into fade or weapon block?

jesterlolz

Diabloii.Net Member
Just so you know before my post, I am by far an expert at sins/trapsins, but here's my input.

I would put enough point into claw block so that when you have all your equipment, you have a 60% chance to block (I think this is level 26, not completely sure though). I would use a 2/20/2 or a 3/20/2 as your helm, I'm not really sure what you should put in them. I'm pretty srue that you should try to have enough ias to have 65 eias ((claw1speed + claw2speed)/2), but I'm not sure if having trap laying speed is as important as I think it is. If I were you, after getting 60% claw block, I would use the rest of my stats in either fade or mind blast, I don't know which would help more. I think the shadow dancers/treks is your own preference, but IMO, shadow dancers are better, even if they are +1.

Thats as much as I know, glad to be a help (if I did help).

Anti-Life

Diabloii.Net Member
getting 60% claw block is a waste of points...50% is high enough as diminishing returnes really bites u in the ***

get it to 50% anbd ur good.

as for a helm 2/20/2 or 3/20/2 are not as great as they seem to be. ive found that a good rare circlet is better w/ res all, strength, sockets +2 sin skills (much better than +single tree) and FCR...rare? yes...good? definatly

as for ur ammy get a level 92+ character to craft you a caster ammy with +2 sin skills. it will have mana regen, faster cast rate and many other random and possibly useful mods with is much better for PvP than a +3 traps ammy which is a nooby way to get more skill levels.

remember...having massive skill levels but shocking resists/life (lack of points to Vit due to strength/dex req) will make ur sin easy prey

if you have a balance between stats, resists, life and mana with a healthy amount of +all skill gear or sin skills (not just single tree) will help u get more resists and pdr from fade, faster trap laying with BoS, better blocking with c/c setup and better trap damage to boot.

overall a more balanced set up than going all out with pure trap skills setup in my experiance

HappyAssassin

Diabloii.Net Member
getting 60% claw block is a waste of points...50% is high enough as diminishing returnes really bites u in the ***

get it to 50% anbd ur good.
This is badly wrong. 10% claw block is essentially a 10% boost in life for your assassin. Level 26 is easy to get with a trapper:

+skills:

2 (helm)
2 (ammy)
1 (belt)
2 (armor)
3 (torch)
1 (anni)
2 (boots, unless you go tri-resists)
4 (claws, any top tier claw trapper has 2/3s)

15 points right there. That means you need 11 skill points to get 60% claw block. A finished level 90 character has 102 skill points. This setup gives you enough skill points to max claw block and still add a point to MB so that your shadow will cast it more often.

Putting the points in Fade will give you 11% for DR, and roughly that amount of resists. You can change gear to put on another 10+ DR or resists, very easily. You CANNOT add gear to increase your claw block, you'd need shadow charms to do that and that robs you of massive damage. Furthermore, you ALWAYS need claw block, rarely will you be killed or saved by 10 resist points, and you only need DR for about 60% of your duels.

Play an assassin with 50% CB and then one with 60% CB and you'll see the difference. You wouldn't settle for 65% block on a BvB or Hammerdin, don't give up the best block in the game for a little perm DR or a better shadow master.

If you cannot get 2/3s, don't go CB, but to be honest you might not wanna go C/C at all if that's the case.