Help on my new WW barb

golfer02

Diabloii.Net Member
Help on my new WW barb

i'm makin a new ww barb, first one since 1.10 came out. Just wanted to know what skills i should distribute points to and what gear to wear, my sword is gonna be a eternity eth cb (cuz i already got one :) ) and i want to max my mf as high as possible and still be able to do hell baal. Please give me suggestions as what to do so I can be sure i can do hell baal once i get there and don't have to start all over again.

iceball_aarf

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm that sword will have a high dmg, but it is lacking speed and WW is based on the on weapon ias, with no WIAS you will hit a max of 4 times per ww IIRC, if you where using an sword that hits the -35%WIAS breakpoint it would hit a max of 6 times...

golfer02

Diabloii.Net Member
iceball_aarf said:
Hmm that sword will have a high dmg, but it is lacking speed and WW is based on the on weapon ias, with no WIAS you will hit a max of 4 times per ww IIRC, if you where using an sword that hits the -35%WIAS breakpoint it would hit a max of 6 times...
do you think it would be a good trade off though? cuz even though i'll hit 2 times less with ww the damage might make up and the 20% crushing blow is rather nice, i've used against meph in hell and he goes down in 6 whirls but he was 1.09 barb and has low dex so i can't hit much.

i just want a nice ww barb that can withstand hell baal and be able to do runs. i'm going to wear ptopaz shako, ptopaz skulders, war travs, string or gold, chance gaurds or ik gloves, and as for jewelry i won't need life leech if i go string+eternity so i replace with soj for skills and wear a manald for mana leech, and i'm gonna try and get a +2 barb with mf ammy. my skills will prolly be max ww, max shout, max bo, max mastery, and then toss in some 1 pt.er's to nat res., bersk, and iron skin. I'm goin with a act 2 offensive might merc for the extra dmg too. does anybody think that will work for hell baal, if not any suggestions on gear/skills to make it work?

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, your build and merc choices will work fine for hell baal, just dump your extra points into ironskin after you max your main four, and as was previously mentioned, you definately need a faster whirl sword (something that gets down to at least -35% ias).More damage usually seems nice and all, but more hits usually trumps that, and since you're doing bosses, keep in mind that crushing blow doesn't have as large of an effect on them. BotD is, of course, the best item you could get, but several of the other new runewords are powerful as well, along with a great many unqiues, rares, and socketed magic weapons.

I wouldn't wear an soj on a barb though, as +skills arn't that important to the class, and the ring doesn't offer much of a bonus other than the mana. My personal mf barb wears ptopaz shako, ptopaz skulder's (switcthing to enigma), a +2 skill/mf ammy, two rare leech/mf rings, Rhyme grimshield, trav's, chances, goldwrap, and two istist ali baba's on the switch. Takes him awhile to kill with doombringer though, thus I'm in the process of getting him a bigger weapon.

-Hal