Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help on ist runes and gambling

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by FrustratedNecro9500, Mar 9, 2004.

1. FrustratedNecro9500

FrustratedNecro9500 IncGamers Member

help on ist runes and gambling

hi guys, i have a 75 lvl blizzard sorc that i want to use for mfing. i was considering trying to get 2 ist runes to put in a mosers blessed circle i have, reason being it has decent defense, pretty good blocking, some built in resists, and then would have the magic find with the ists in there. problem is tho im not powerful enough to mf in hell really, so i dont think i could get ahold of anything that i could trade for an ist. so maybe i shouldnt even bother asking hehe.

also, would u guys recommend wealth armor or a tals armor with a perf topaz? just wondering which would be better overall; also what are tals armors going for these days?

my last question is on gambling. what level should i wait to be when i gamble, and does it matter what act in hell i gamble in? also does mf gear affect gambling?

thanks for all the help.

2. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

Doesn't really belong to trade values forum, I'll move this to general strategy.

3. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

mf doesnt affect gambling i think lvl does though specially for coronets tiara's or diadems are concerned

4. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

I'll take this one: where you gamble doesn't matter at all. Not which act, nor which difficulty level. The only thing that matters is your character level.

What character level should you be to gamble? As high as possible. It only gets better as you go up. If there was one particular special item you were after, I could tell you what level you needed to be to have a chance of getting it.

5. FrustratedNecro9500

cool!

well i already realize my chances of getting a good elite unique or elite set item is slim to none, cuz first id have to roll a unique or set, PLUS an elite which is rough. right now, im level 76. im thinking about just saying screw it and going nuts, but i wanna make sure im gambling for types of items that i can get uniques for. i was just basically wanting to get some good elite items. nothing TOO specific, although a vamp gaze or war travellers would be nice ;)

6. FrustratedNecro9500

heres a few items i would like to try and get by gambling:

viper fork, for my merc
    nightwings veil (socket it with a p topaz) - have a bliz sorc this might do a lot for her cold damage :)
    soul drainer
    draculs grasp
    any belt that has magic find hehe

7. Good-At-Trading

Good-At-Trading Banned

u have to be lvl ** to gamble for a +2 skills ammy

8. Zvolen

Zvolen IncGamers Member

I will try to answer yor question best I could. As far as putting an IST in your mosers I wouldn't do it. Not worth the extra MF, if that was the case then just get the runeword Rhyme, MF,Res, Mana. Great shield. But if you do in fact want to keep Mosers I suggest either putting Eld runes ( increase chance of blocking ) if you are a blocking sorc or decide to do that or Perfect Diamonds. The extra resistance from that will really free up some of your other items for different options and potentially more MF.

Wealth vs Tals Armor- It all depends if you have the funds to get Tals Armor, it is a great armor with many greta stats and the full Tals Bonus is also something to look forward too. But for a cheap low level MF armor Wealth cannot be beat.

As far as gambling it looks like the other guys here took care of that. Hope that helps and Good Luck.

-Z

9. FrustratedNecro9500

not really...someone told me i have to be lvl ** to gamble a +2 skills ammy but none of the stuff i listed is a +2 skills ammy hehe. oh well. i spend 1 mil in gold gambling and got a unique brandistock...man if it would have only been an elite i would have got exactly what im looking for. oh well. better luck next 1 million gold i spend hehe.