Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help on choosing realm

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by WINdexFnx, Jun 17, 2005.

1. WINdexFnx

WINdexFnx IncGamers Member

Help on choosing realm

Im curreently on US East Ladder im thinking of switching realms to either europe or west...

which would you prefer which would be easier to accumlate some wealth or should i just stay on east...

and what would be the best ladder to restart on the reset when it hopefully rolls soon so ummm yeh thanks :D

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Well I doubt Europe is the best choice, since it has very expensive high runes (1hr=6ist), so there's no fast way to accumulate wealth here.

3. WINdexFnx

well i want soemthing a little better than east ... ya know everythings a dupe and yeh i dont know

4. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Europe does seem to have much less dupes than the other two realms though, so if that's what you're looking for, maybe EU is the best for you.

5. WINdexFnx

i just want somthing where item values arent just always dropping like crazy and the playing field is more level

6. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

I say stick to east

U. S. West: benefits from technical support.
    U. S. East: a lot more players, main reason why things are a bit cheaper (it's not just a few more cheaters, but many and more experienced hunters)
    Asia: less cheats so more time to reach top of the ladder and such
    Europe: mainly a combination of things listed above on a slightly more moderate scale, barring tech support.

In general, you should always consider the first realm as physically closer to you for a better internet connection. Battle.net is already a PITA, no need to add to it by increasing your ping 200ms. Your ladder accounts become non-ladder at the start of another season, so you might want to add to your collection every year. You can keep a single account (reset every thirty days to prevent expiration) on west just in case you need TS.

7. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

the prices aren't going crazy just b/c you're on east. it's the anticipation of ladder reset - everyone wants to finish of their characters and as a result, high runewords are rising in value and cheap gear is falling.

if you want to accumulate wealth, i'd say stick on east. you can buy some cheap mf gear (skullders, shako, etc.) for quite a cheap price, and pray for something nice. ^^

8. StarvinMarvinh

StarvinMarvinh IncGamers Member

Took me 2 weeks of playing time to get set on Europe, less cheaters as well. I´m in Iceland and I can even play on the Asia realm without lag so that´s not really an issue.

Many of you guys are just saying this because 6 or 7 years ago everyone had crappy computers and lousy isp´s, today I don´t know anyone with more than a 3 year old pc and lesser then a DSL connection.

New times ppl.

9. WINdexFnx

humm dont really need the tech support
    but yeh you can get rich fast on east 2 week i have a complete pally with high hoz nigma maras hoto merc everything

but i would like more time to reach the top of the ladder asia looks good are people just not as good there or what i dont really understnad

10. Ado

Ado IncGamers Member

I recently made fresh start on asia. Ppl are friendlier and virtually no dupes. Havent seen a bot since i started here either. HR's are more expensive but where's the fun in the game if everything including the high end runewords can be accumulated in a few weeks??

I'd recommend Asia1 over east and west (never played on eur).

I could prolly help you out with some gear and a rush too.

Ado

11. WINdexFnx

yeh that makes sense what is the ladder rush on asia compared to europe

12. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Probably depends on what you want. I play on Europe for a few very simple reasons: I *am* in Europe, and those friends that play D2 play on Europe.

As for cheating and duping: there's hardly a public game without someone proudly announcing his l33tness with the words "this way, i have mh". It used to be sorcs mostly, and I still don't enter a game with sorcs unless it's just too tempting (like being able to skip all of Act 2 because the sorc only needs help killing Duriel) --- but it's no longer that much of a class-issue anymore.

Duping seems to be less of a problem; I hardly ever see non-sorcs teleporting around, or doing other stuff they normally shouldn't. These runewords are MUCH more common on the forums here, where everyone (except me, for some reason) has them piled up and they are used to make Iron Golems from; on BNet they *seem* to be much less common.

Last one I saw was a Necro when I was (normal-)cowrunning my new bonemancer to prep for baalruns --- teleporting around, using aura stacking. He didn't have that much of a clue, though, since in between his teleports he forgot to kill about half of the cows, resulting in a lot of deaths of the other low-levels trying to zig-zag through the remaining cows (doesn't kill me, though... it seems that for some reason I'm much better at predicting approach patterns of AI units and finding a safe path...).

Oh... and then there's the germans. It might be selective memory since I'm german as well, but *my* impression is that I see a *lot* more "ger?" in public games, and if just one person says "ja" (german "yes") then there's essentially two parties. There's also the occasional non-german trying to type english without too much success, but they seem to be much more willing to give it a try, instead of assuming everyone else understands french or italian or whatever. Sure, Americans often assume everyone speaks english, which is just as bad, but in reality english *is* a very common language in the "western" parts of the world *and* the computer industry... and about the only language to use in international gaming, IMHO (unless you are playing in a closed group with your friends, of course).

13. StarvinMarvinh

StarvinMarvinh IncGamers Member

I really like Europe for the same reasons Myrakh gave, less duped nigmas and less hacks.

Seems to me as well that I meet a ,,OMFG NUUUB TEH OWNZORSX YOU" people every public game in the us but in Europe at least 1/3 of the games are rid of that :lol:

14. WINdexFnx

well speaking of hacks... i dont particulary mind MH or whatever people use i just dont like all the dupes and runes poofing on you and the prices being all reeint and actually having a chance to get high on the ladder...even though i have never had a char over 95 just the thought that people dont have a computer just to run their lvl bot is nice

15. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

I have always played on Asia 1. Yes it's pretty clean on ladder. No dupes I know of. Which makes it pretty safe to trade for hr and good items, and it makes it that much more rewardable to play the game find or make things your self. When you get a good item you get a good price.
    Also enigma is not common and quite expensive to buy.

Personally I stick to the server with best ping time.