Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help, Noob Question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Senor Bezeer, May 27, 2005.

1. Senor Bezeer

Senor Bezeer IncGamers Member

Help, Noob Question

I have, what probably is, a SUPER noobish question, and I apologize in advance if this should have gone in a different forum. But, my question is:
    How can i upgrade my Skin of the Viper Magi armour (for my mid-level sorc)?

I have heard so many people talking about upgrading there weapons and stuff, but ive never tried to upgrade something, and ive heard this is a cheap alternative for a sorc. so Id greatly appreciate any assistance. thanks in advance for any help. And if possible could someone explain how to upgrade items in general (if it differs between weapons, armour, helms, and sheilds). This way i wont have to bother anyone again with my Noobness :lol:

Once again thanks for any help.

2. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Stop apologizing, stop being lazy, go to search, and type in "upgrade weapon" or "upgrade armor", I'm sure more than 5 pages of threads will pop out.

3. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Ko + Lem + PDiamond. Toss 'em in the cube with your armor, hit combine and bingo.

For further reference, the Arreat Summit has information on all the various cube recipes and much more. Enjoy. :)

4. Senor Bezeer

Dear 5Ws,
    Well, thanks for the Assistance. I appreciate All input, positive OR Negative. I just thaught the point of these forums were to Help people in the diablo community?

SORRY for the snarky response but what goes around comes around.

Thank-you dredd, i found what i was looking for :D and will be sure to whip up my armour into tip-top shape

5. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

I never understand why people spend half of their post apologizing for being a noob and don't just get to the point. It's frustrating. Anyway, check the Arreat Summit or use the Search.

6. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Well jeez, sorry for being blunt, ok, not really.
    Spending half the post explaining how "noobish" you are and how the question might be asked before, and still you haven't figure out maybe, just maybe it'll do you some good to search past threads??? Well you sure are smart, and you sure have the right to tell me "what goes around comes around"!
    And what a surprise! 5 pages of threads on "upgrade", and that's just the Community Forum, shall we try "upgrading" next at Newcomer?

7. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

You apparently know the upgrading recipe so you could've just thrown it to your post, instead of being rude.
    Telling someone to search here and there isn't helpful at all, you could've just posted "google!", right?, as helpful. Giving a link or simply explaining how it works is much more useful than a rude response.
    Seeing someone else was nicer and already responded to him, I guess the person got the help he needed.
    Cheers.

8. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

I could as well type the recipe in 2 seconds, but learning how to do research is also beneficial.
    Imagine what the forum will be like if everyone stops looking at the guides, stops googling, stops using the search button, and asks for help without thinking for even a second how he himself can solve the problem, do you think you will like the forum?
    It is not just a game, it reflects how you are in life.

9. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

If he truly is the "noob" he claims to be then maybe he didn't even knew about the guides and sites about Diablo.

When i bought it I had no idea about all this. :eek:

And even he knew, it's not alway easy to find what u need, especialy when ur native language is not englisch.

Bert

10. Senor Bezeer

Thanks guys for all the support, I didnt mean to be rude, but I just didnt know where to look. I have found what i needed and am gladly on my way :D

11. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Oh yea, after all that fuss, it's probably not even worth upgrading anyways :p

It's not very likely you'll have any appreciable amount of def on a sorc and upgrading just ups the requirements. You'd probably be better off putting those pts you would have spent on str into dex to go towards max block or vit for the life.

12. Senor Bezeer

Hehehe, i never even thaught about other options. After that whole shmozzle maybe i'll reconsider :scratch:

13. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

You'd best do your math to calculate what the potential defence might be.

For a sorc, I really don't think it would make that much of a difference anyhow, an increase of a few hundred in defence might just bring your % to be hit down by a mere few % points.

Having said that..... does anybody know what characters people use upped magi on then??

You see quite a few of these floating aroudn the trading forums....

14. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

Zealot's and chargers and smithers i think

15. RiderPride

RiderPride IncGamers Member

This game does not in anyway reflect how you are in real life...i'm sorry but how someone plays a game doesn't reflect on how they are in real life in anyway...seriously man, get a grip.