Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help needed for socketing items for merc

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Cilieto, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Cilieto

Cilieto IncGamers Member

Help needed for socketing items for merc

My merc's weapon has sockets, but I am unable to socket it while it's on my merc. If I socket the weapon in my inventory then my merc can't use it any more. Both the weapon and the socketed item are below the level requirement. The same thing happened to 2 different characters that I started. I just came back to play D2 again after the 1.10 patch. Is this the way it works after the patch? Please let me know what I am doing wrong. It's been a quite while since I last played. :) Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Quest For Glory

Quest For Glory Banned

Get hold of whatever item fills in for the lost attribute req, put it on, remove the item, socket it, put it back on the merc and jiggle around abit with stuff that i.e. have suffix "of the titan" or whatever suits your needs. Or try leveling your merc.

3. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

You can't socket stuff that your merc is wearing. Just remove the item, put it in your inventory, socket it, then put it back on your merc. This is assuming that you havent socketed it with a jewel/rune that has lvl requirements that your merc dosen't meet.

4. Cilieto

Cilieto IncGamers Member

Great, it worked! I thought you can socket the item while it's on the merc. So much is forgotten. I am so glad that I posted here. It really shows that I am a newcomer. :) Thanks for the reply.