Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help need opinions on what char i should build?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by '22'Souljah, Apr 26, 2005.

1. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

Help need opinions on what char i should build?

I currently have 3 characters. A ghost ww sin (my favorite), ww barb (i like ww chars!), bone necro (so fun to play). Now I have enough resources to make one more character. I need help choosing between a fireball sorc or a trapper?

2. soc

soc Banned

I'd go trapper. You have a caster, and trapper is good at dominating both public and private games.

3. eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku IncGamers Member

Half of the people I met required 10 trap gc's to actually significantly hurt them...but the other half are toast with or without gc's unless they absorb. If you can afford the 10 trap gc's, the other trapsin gear is like nothing unless you go 3/3 claws.

4. shizznitt

shizznitt IncGamers Member

i have a 77 trapper

pretty primitive gear, but seems to work great if you switch between speed and fade. they last for a while till you catch up with the opponent and place some traps. one of the most important things is the faster cast rate. mine isnt high but i can still place some traps that hurt. i have pretty cheap and primitive gear which still allows my traps and synergies to reach lvl 29 doing 5002 dmg which isnt really a lot considering thats most pallys, barbs and druids have high life and resistances. on the other hand i can stand in the way of 2 trappers laying their traps while using fade and take 20-30 hits which never happens anyway. a 75 trapper that i duelled claimed having 12k traps. that was one of the 2 ganging up on me and i still killed them both quite easily. my fade has 1 point in it and boosted to lvl 9 with my gear. this is enough to give all your res 75 75 75 75 in hell..

5. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

i'd go with fire ball sorc b/c more ppl will call you a noob or something with a trapsin and that gets kinda annoying after a while.

but thats only my opinion

6. Theriverstyx

Theriverstyx IncGamers Member

go with somthing like a ww druid. i am curently working on mine or even a kicksassin. i've found them to be pretty nice and fun

7. Balay

Balay IncGamers Member

i have found that (IMO) trappers are boring. I switch my dueling characters around alot, and the trapper i got bored of in 2 days. I would say fireball. I had one before switching to a druid. It was fun teleporting without mana worries.

8. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Don't worry, we hate you too :)

And, make a Zealer, they seem to be quite versatile

9. Theriverstyx

Theriverstyx IncGamers Member

dont even bother to respond to that :rolleyes: ;)

10. Get Bod

Get Bod IncGamers Member

It depends on if you want to "pwn" or have alot of fun.

One of my weakest dueling chars is my Chargadin, but I play him all the time because he is just so damn fun to play. I smile from ear to ear when I get that one hit KO and the other guys says "what hit me? I didn't even see you". I die alot with him, but when I one hit KO the bming nker that has ruined the game, a small degree of satisfaction washes over me.

I guess the point is, make a char that you ENJOY playing, otherwise dueling will be like doing baal runs, it'll get really boring after a while.

-Get Bod

11. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Yeah, Charge pallies are a riot!