Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HELP MY ZON! so many questions...

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by bmh yak 18, Feb 26, 2004.

1. bmh yak 18

bmh yak 18 IncGamers Member

HELP MY ZON! so many questions...

I have a lvl 98 LF javazon I used to MF cows endlessly but now i don't really have as many friends that play, and i hate pubby cowing games more than anything b/c people always end up following me and taking my drops. she is from 1.09 and i haven't played her too much. but i just did a couple days ago and realized she is still very good. I need suggestions on both equip and merc. I do use this character for MFing still sometimes. Here's the rundown:

Equip:
    PT perfect mf stealskull
    UM 217% shaft (i'm working on getting CoH)
    Cat's eye
    199% ed/7% ll Titans
    11 all resists/15 ias SS
    goldwrap belt
    46% mf travs
    6ml/2ll/resists/+stats/+life ring
    5%ll/7%ml/27% CR/18%FR/32% mf ring
    20ias/+2 jav skills/fire resist/poison resist/11% mf rare gloves

Stats with equip:
    str. 212
    dex. 297
    vit. 180
    energy. 105

merc:
    lvl 98 act 5 barb
    offensive if i remember right
    eth gaze
    eth shaft
    CCBoL (2 open soc, 8% ll)

Some changes i'm thinking about making:
    -i want to make one of those pike mercs... i'm not too good with the stats/skills on those guys so it would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction. But all i need is the Vex and i'll be able to give the guy an eth botd war pike when i make him....
    -Chains of Honor armor instead of the Shaft i use now.... i think i have more than max DR atm. Don't I?
    -should i go with eth titans? i use jab sometimes too. will they break on me?
    -what charms should i have in my inventory. atm i have 7% mfscs, resist charms and a couple r/w scs.

ANY ADVICE AT ALL IS WELCOME AND MUCH APPRECIATED!
    thanks...
    ~b

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

well the new max for pd% is 50% so yes drop that shaft for another armor.

i never use eth weapons so cant say if the eth titans will break but i expcet them to as jab should take dur from them.

dont know if you as a LF zo nwould benifit much from a new merc at all.

might dont help you much but a hf merc might be good if you need more crowd controll.

3. bmh yak 18

"hf might merc"
    please elaborate...how would he help with crowd control?

4. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

HF or holy freeze merc has the same aura as if a pally use it.

it slows almost every monster down to a crawl

frenzytaurs are unaffected by it and i think dolls are too.

but cows should slow down alot

even a pityful level 1 holy freeze slows monsters with 30%

if i recall right the max level of holy freeze on a merc is skill level 17 and that slows monsters 53% and has a radius of 14.6 yards

hope the info helped some

5. bmh yak 18

that is very helpful...but i usually don't have a problem with crowd control. any crowds tend to be eliminated before they can become a problem. i was thinking of making a merc that would use an eth botd war pike (i have all but the Vex) or a "Doom" eth cryptic axe. what merc would i use either of these items on? i like the idea of a might merc, and i probably don't want an offensive merc unless those are the only ones that have might b/c they tend to get into fights in which they get their asses handed to them even if i am helping....but maybe not.

more info from you = more love from me

thanks very much so far lone_wolf

6. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

Holy Freeze Might merc means:

A might merc equipped with a Doom weapon. Thus granting both the MIGHT aura and the Holy Freeze aura's at the same time.

This guy rox. Also, the type of merc (offensive / defensive / combat) won't change how they act. They will always go for a kill. Sometimes they die, sometimes they don't. Might I suggest Doom / Leviathan / Etheral Up'd Vamp Gaze. That's a good bit of dr (levi / gaze) leech (gaze) defense (up'd gaze / levi). So he'll be doing perfect, especially with both Might and Holy Freeze.

As for you:

Enigma over COH. More MF, and teleport baby. That rox

Eth Titans all the way. They repair themselves, just be careful. Always carry a pair of regular, on weapon switch, so when durability becomes an issue, you can switch out quickly. Once eth ones break, they're done for.

Other then that, you look good. I'm assuming you wear SS. I think your str is too high (bonus from ss?), but that's just my opinion.

g

7. bmh yak 18

This is a non-ladder char...

yes i know my strength is too high. that was my bad in making this char...o well.

thanks for the advice on the merc. i'm gunna get a Doom eth cryptic asap, i'm thinking about also using an eth gaze and an eth shaft (already have those 2).

also, i probably won't go for the eth titans b/c i'll forget to switch and have them break on me or something stupid like that...