Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help my WW sin?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ReallFugitive, Feb 7, 2004.

1. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

Help my WW sin?

As much as I hate to post this (I hate these types of threads and I know others also do), I can't get any help anywhere else. I'm rebuilding her after I fubared once so here's what Im doing..

Crown of Ages 2 sockets 15% DR 24% resists (Thinkin about 2 5/5 psns)
    2x Chaos Suwayyahs (or would 1 Chaos & 1 Fury be better damage? Dual chaos would save me 10 more stats. Open wounds would be increased by 33% with fury giving me 83% open wounds)
    Nat's Armour w/ 3 5/5 psns (or would enigma be better? saves about 65 stat)
    Verdungos' (Can't use Arach because of slow or I could use T'God and knock off 20 pnts of str from my final build)
    Draculs Grasp +15 Str
    Shadow Dancers +2/25 Dex
    Highlords
    219/20 & 243/20 Dex Raven Frosts
    20 Stat annihilius

20 Claw Mastery
    20 Venom
    20 Weapon Block
    20 Fade
    1 DragonFlight
    1 Blade Shield
    1 Wake of Fire
    1 Mind Blast

Base Stats:
    130 Str (My heaviest item is crown of ages 174 str, maybe a diff helm since with a 15% verdungos I would also have max DR?)
    20 Dex
    Everything else VIT.

Please post ANY SUGGESTIONS you have.

2. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

well, if its for duelling i'd remove the draculs because of their chance to cast lifetap.

when it comes to claws i'm not sure. Fury has some great mods like ow, cb and such, but chaos has the massive magic dmg with will probably hurt more. i think fury deals more phys. dmg though.

otherwise it looks good :)

I want a chaos claw:rolleyes:

C-Beat

3. ReallFugitive

I don't think the LifeTap will trigger from whirlwind.. But it can trigger from Blade Shield :) Chaos has 25% open wounds also! It is really awesome. But fury has 66% and a 20% increase to AR so I am kind of torn.

Oh yeah is there any benefit from getting over 100% Open Wounds? Does it make a open wounds occour on every strike or does it have diminishing returns?

4. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

ah, think your right, it doesnt trigger from ww, my bad.

I'f id' go c/c i'd probably use either a bartuc or fury on second claw. Both has great mods, including 20% ar. tucs has more +skills which might help and some str/dex. But for pure melee mods fury beats it.

5. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

btw, is it better to go c/c than c/s with a ww sin?

6. ReallFugitive

Yes IMO for pvp, more life and you can block mages attacks which makes it alot harder for them to kill you, plus more damage, and overall, I can't think of any reason to use a shield.. max resists from fade, max dmg reduce from fade.. Really, can't think of any.. Heh, strange.

7. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

i suppose your right....however 75% block is good to have versus melee physical attacks...but anyway, i'd go c/c too :)

8. ReallFugitive

So this is as good as it gets? The best possible build has been achived? I know someone wants to slam me and tell me what sucks.

9. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

well for killing pvp its not best possible

im saying that cuz your low on life by a lot

10. ReallFugitive

How is that low on life? I have +6 CTA on switch, so could you please tell me?
    I spent 100 points in strength, that will give well over 1100 base hitpoints without any charms and without crys. How much would be good then?

11. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

what are you fighting?

dont say pvp. that doesnt help.

what exactly

12. ReallFugitive

Sorcs, telebone necros, wind druids, hammerdins. The usual stuff.

13. ReallFugitive

Okay, my friend built the exact same sin im building now on open bnet for me. The only thing im lacking is resistances since my gear does not grant me that much resists.

Without fade
    2, -30, 1, -25

with fade +71 all (73, 41, 72, 46)
    (I've factored in Anyas, & Annihilus)

So maybe I should switch over to Maras instead of highlords since I won't be doing much physical? or should I just get resistance/fhr scs to put me past the 80 bp?

Whoops also forgot that I'm using jade talon as a backup claw agianst elemental characters.

14. BT-LightDash

BT-LightDash IncGamers Member

keep the highlords and ditch the shadow dancers for
    goreriders[upgraded or not both are good]
    double damage+crushing blow+open wounds cant go wrong

i assume you are a rich player on ladder since u got very cool stuffs
    [shadow dancer is ladder only]

15. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

It's kinda depandant on your items. For pubby pvp, open wounds is king. So getting this high as possible is your most important asset.

In my opinion theres 2 ways to do it:
    Etheral Zod bug Batuc (Um) 25%
    Chaos 25%
    Dracul 25%
    Blood belt 10%
    Goreriders 10%

This gives 95% to cast OW which is just about as good as 100%, although those few times it doesn't cast OW you might get mad hehe. Alot of people bash this one cause they like verdungo, but with fade you can max your DR without verdungo. Also the stats on a bloodbelt rival verdungo with 24% fhr, as well as up to 30 strength and life/mana and some leech too.

Other method is:
    Chaos 25%
    Fury 66%
    Gorerider 10%

This gives 101% so you'll always OW every time you hit. This setup has its perks too, mainly in the Critical/Deadly department since fury also has 33% critical hit. Then use highlords for an extra 35%+ Deadly, Goreriders gives like 15% Deadly too, so this setup can give you 50 critical and 50 deadly, since the percentages don't stack, it rolls a chance to critical/deadly for each mod you have. Haveing it comming from 4 mods, fury, gore, highlord, claw mastery, will more or less have you casting it pretty much every hit. If your useing tons of 3/20/20 charms, this setup is king. Because doubleing the damage of all those 39 charms could mean another 3k damage per claw. Also gorerider can be replaced with bloodbelt, but gorerider's deadly and crushing blow is too nice to toss away, unless you got shadow dancers.

I'm sorta torn myself as to which is ultimatly better. The 30 FHR and 2 skills on tucs is great, the 2 skills helps venom, weapon block, shadow master, claw mastery, and fade. The 30FHR is important too, the 20/20 stats are not that big since the fury/chaos setup can use IK gloves to compensate for this difference.

If I had 39x 3/20/20 I'd use fury because fury/highlord will mean double damage alot of the time and thats huge with those charms. If I lacked all those godly charms, I'd use tuc to be more contemporary.

Also the first setup can replace the Tuc with another Chaos, however I think tuc/chaos is better than chaos/chaos. The added magic damage from haveing 2 chaos's is nice, but tuc's stats/ar/fhr/skills makes that magic damage look pathetic.

Maybe I'll make one on open just to see what kinda stats I can get with a perfect setup.

16. ReallFugitive

Thanks! I've decided to keep the shadow dancers & 25% chaos, 25% draculs, and 66% fury will give me all the open wounds I need. I'm also going to be using shadow discipline charms to boost my venom damage instead of raw physical damage with whirlwind. Thank you both!

17. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

it your only lacking 30ish lightning and poison dmg then get 2 30% res grand charms...

I'm trying to get an ohm rune so i can start my own ww sin and i plan on using chaos+tucs. For amulet i'll probably go with highlords. Since i duel in normal i only need to have max resists while leveling, which i'll get from jades with res jewel. However, my build will be a hybrid so the rest of the gear wont be the same...i'll even use bos probably...

C-Beat

18. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Open wounds from 1 claw doesn't get transferred to the other claw. Same thing happens with deadly strike , LL , etc. Only statpoints and +skills get transferred , but that's logical. So 66% OW from fury + 25% from chaos + 10% OW from gores don't make 101% OW. If you hit with fury you have 76% chance for OW , and with Chaos it's 35% chance.

19. ReallFugitive

Well it would be 91% for fury and 50% from chaos for the stuff i'm using, since 25% OW from draculs grasp. I'm saying that would be eneough OW to almost always trigger a ow strike? Dual claw has the opportunity to hit twice as much as single claw, just like barbs do? Is open wounds triggered from 1 attack, or from strikes subsequential to the attack (such as zeal does?).. So basically for each time a claw does any damage it has a chance to roll open wounds, and dual claw has roughly twice the luck of doing it compared to single claw. I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear or asking too many things at once.

20. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Couple notes:

1) Blade Shield - no points or max. One or the other, you're standing around casting it very often with just 1 point in it. The manacost is also horrible unless you have a bunch of +mana sc's taking away space from better sc's.
    2) Blade Shield doesn't trigger CtC or CB/OW

I take it you mean Blade Fury?