Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help My Pally PLZZZZ!!

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by xuchenxixu, Oct 3, 2006.

1. xuchenxixu

xuchenxixu IncGamers Member

Help My Pally PLZZZZ!!

Hi.. im not so new to D2. I have a Godly Light Sorc who does 54K. But right now i want to start on a Pally:smiley: .

theres soo many kinds of pallys and they gets me confused. I want a pally that can take Uber eazyy. Im pretty rich..

I dont know if i should start on a Zealot or a Smiter... or even something else..
    So. could you PLZZ give me some sugestions!

Finally i want to ask if Last Wish and Exile is gona work with the kind of pally you are talking about..

THXXXXXXXXXXX soo MUCH:wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

2. Demonic Angel Rules

Demonic Angel Rules IncGamers Member

Go with a Zealot if u want to use him outside ubers. If not just make a smiter that maxes smite/holy shield/fant/defience. You can also build a hammerdin. There is only 1 kind of monster that ive met with mine thats immune to him and my merc takes those guys down fast. There are a couple other ones like a auradin and healadin but i like the Hammerdin the most.

Lastwish would work great for a smiter, not sure about a zealot, an would suck for a hammerdin. But Exile could be really useful for all three of them.

3. xuchenxixu

Isnt Smite something that use your shield to attack??? if so why u need a weapon... gosh. so confusing....

And. why Last Wish wont work for Zealots... isnt it a Pretty Physical weapon???

4. Demonic Angel Rules

Demonic Angel Rules IncGamers Member

Smite does use a shield to attack, BUT it still uses the mods off of the wepon. So say you have last wish, you now have a:
    6% Chance To Cast Level 11 Fade When Struck, Res my friend, res,
    10% Chance To Cast Level 18 Life Tap On Striking, Look 50% leech yay,
    20% Chance To Cast Level 20 Charged Bolt On Attack, just looks cool,
    But thats not the only thing u get you also get:
    Level 17 Might Aura, which helps damage,
    60-70% Chance of Crushing Blow, which is godly useful in ubers runs,
    Prevent Monster Heal, this helps a little,
    Hit Blinds Target, never found a use for this but I guess it helps,
    MF, and when is that ever a bad thing.

As you can see these mods will help you tons. There are other things you could use like 6 soc phase blade with 6 sheals for tons of ias.(Which helps smite, a lot) But you said you were rich so use last wish, the life tap will come in handy becasue you cant use leech with smite. And yes I guess lastwish is a good damage wepon BUT there is better. Like say BOTD in a 6 Colossus Voulge/Colossus Sword/or a Thunder Maul. All erth of course. But its really all up to you.

5. zohlanma

zohlanma IncGamers Member

LW works great vs Ubers, esp because of the mentioned mods. Make a zealer, 1 point in smite is enough to deal with the Ubers.
    There are weapons with higher damage, like Grief and Death, but LW has its own advantages. With any weapon, you always have to compensate certain disadvantages with your other gear.
    One thing I dont like about LW is the high repair costs it brings along.

6. xuchenxixu

really?? It looks like LW has more dmg then Grief

7. pera

pera IncGamers Member

No. Grief has +340-400 to damage (not %) mod, which adds to smite damage. Although, as already said, LW has its advantages (CB, LT, Might, ...)

8. xuchenxixu

Oh.. so.. if i build a Zealot that takes uber easy,,, i use Grief PB?

9. zarul_europe

zarul_europe IncGamers Member

That is correct. However with Last Wish you would kill em almost as fast since its the crushing blow that kills the ubers, not the dmg (atleast not much) ;)

10. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

No one should make a pally with just smite for combat. Smite is not good for dealing with mobs of bad guys. It is for the bosses only because it is best way to deliver crush blow which is what kills them the fastest. You should use zeal against everything else.

You only need 1 point in smite in order to get most of the benifits of this skill - always hits. You only increase its damage by adding more points. It's damage will be increased by Holy Shield, which you should max, and crush blow which you should have.

You also need to pick an aura to use in combat. Good alternatives for zealers are:

1) Fanat.
    2) Conviction
    3) Holy Shock
    4) Holy Freeze

I have pallys that use the first 3 types of auras and I like conviction the best. Conviction lowers resists (-125%)and defense (90+%). It also has the benefit of over riding Uber Meph's conviction if yours is above lvl 23. That is a huge benefit when doing the Ubers.

I am planning on using 2 dreams on my new conviction pally which will give lvl 30 holy shock. This is not very effective until you max lightning resistance and your conviction aura drops their resistances. Then the aura will kill the little guys for you and it add huge damage to your blows.

I like grief phase blade for my pallys. It is the best weapon for delivering physical damage. You can't beat +350-400 damage on a phase blade with huge +ias.

You need life tap and crush blow. I plan on getting life tap from Drac. gloves and crush blow from gore riders and guill. face boots.

The best armor in the game is COH because it give huge resists (+65%), +2 skills, +200% damage to demons. If you can afford it then get smoke for +50% to resist.

11. FireIsForBadKids

FireIsForBadKids IncGamers Member

Go pure smite, it handles ubers and pvp great. just a little slow when soloing. but who really does that sept when bored?

here is what i use for my smiter
    guil face (um)
    grief zerker axe
    exile eth vortex
    coh
    gores

draculs or you can use laying of hands for the +350% damage to demons and the +20% ias isnt bad either :)

arach
    highlords
    raven frost
    bk

skill charms
    sc lifers
    sc +rez

oops forgot my 17/20 torch and anni :)

12. sproutly

sproutly IncGamers Member

if you decide to go hammerdin ive gotta tell ya, i really found it pretty boring up until about maybe the last act in normal mode. then i really began to enjoy the build. i dont know as much as the guys above on particular items and such but ive built alot of pallys and i think hammerdin would be a great way to go. there is alotof ways to build them.

13. FireIsForBadKids

Hdins are fun. i have a 87 still a work in progress but its pretty good.

if you want to make a Hdin but still want to do ubers (hammers own minions but dont do anything to bosses) you will need to keep different gear in stash. btw im not totally sure this would work i will test it tonight and let you all know tho.

try to get the gear i mentioned a couple posts up.

14. FireIsForBadKids

oh and this is the gear i use for my hdin some people will differ but this is what i like

shako (um)
    nigma
    hoto
    hoz
    i use mage fist for fcr
    arach mesh
    maras
    soj
    bk

and a cta