help! my necro is messed up!

Hell Fetish

Diabloii.Net Member
help! my necro is messed up!

Maybe im just being a noob, but i havent played in a long time, and when i downloaded the patch my necromancer can only summon 3 of each skeleton type. my skeleton mage skill is level 4 but it says i can only summon 3. and it even says 3 on the next level. did i miss something? someone please tell me im an idiot and explain it to me.
 

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Hell Fetish said:
Maybe im just being a noob, but i havent played in a long time, and when i downloaded the patch my necromancer can only summon 3 of each skeleton type. my skeleton mage skill is level 4 but it says i can only summon 3. and it even says 3 on the next level. did i miss something? someone please tell me im an idiot and explain it to me.

When patch 1.10 came out (we're on 1.11b now, and this still applies), they reduced the number of skeletons that you can summon. You get 1/level up to level 3, then one for every three levels after that. You won't get four summoned till level 6 - but each individual one is more powerful than they used to be.
 

Lord Nyax

Banned
Nowadays, Skeletons are hugely buffed up. You can only summon ~1/2 to 1/3 of your Level, so at level 20, you might be able to summon 10? 8? However, they're much stronger.

EDIT: Quietus, you bastard, you beat me.
 

Inokis

Diabloii.Net Member
How is that depressing? Each skeleton is at least twice as strong and durable than they used to be. If you max mastery and skellies you shouldn't have any problems.
 

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Remember when you took your skellies to meet normal Diablo and one blast from his ring of fire was enough to kill them all? That's no longer the case. Summoner necros tend to be slow, but can typically solo any point in the game...with the possible exception of the Uber Trist.

Look over the guides in the necro forum for some great updated information. You'll thank us AND Bliz!
 

BlueOctoberFan

Diabloii.Net Member
SirDooFuss said:
Summoner necros tend to be slow, but can typically solo any point in the game...with the possible exception of the Uber Trist.
If you search YouTube, you can find a video of someone taking Uber Trist with a summon necro. It takes around 8 min, if I recall correctly, in true necro fashion, but it can be done.
 

JME

Diabloii.Net Member
SirDooFuss said:
Remember when you took your skellies to meet normal Diablo and one blast from his ring of fire was enough to kill them all? That's no longer the case. Summoner necros tend to be slow, but can typically solo any point in the game...with the possible exception of the Uber Trist.

Look over the guides in the necro forum for some great updated information. You'll thank us AND Bliz!
Actually, FooSoft shows that a necro can do this in very admirable fashion. In fact, the time isn't 8 minutes; he does it in 3:10. The link is herehttp://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=476867&page=4&highlight=uber
Page 4 is what you want to see since that is his best video. Read the whole thread for more information.
 

Lord Nyax

Banned
Yah, the CB on those Urdars is teh pwnage.

Also, btw, Golems are knida buffed now too (I think they weren't so much before), especially the Clay Golem. A level 50 Clay Golem with level 50 Golem Mastery has 55k life...that's a LOT of life. (My golem has died once, ONCE in PvM...I was sad...stupid Lillith, she boned my Golem for like, 5 minutes straight and he finally died. Poison stops his regen...that's a mean trick).
 
Top