Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help! my necro is messed up!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Hell Fetish, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Hell Fetish

Hell Fetish IncGamers Member

help! my necro is messed up!

Maybe im just being a noob, but i havent played in a long time, and when i downloaded the patch my necromancer can only summon 3 of each skeleton type. my skeleton mage skill is level 4 but it says i can only summon 3. and it even says 3 on the next level. did i miss something? someone please tell me im an idiot and explain it to me.

2. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

When patch 1.10 came out (we're on 1.11b now, and this still applies), they reduced the number of skeletons that you can summon. You get 1/level up to level 3, then one for every three levels after that. You won't get four summoned till level 6 - but each individual one is more powerful than they used to be.

3. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Nowadays, Skeletons are hugely buffed up. You can only summon ~1/2 to 1/3 of your Level, so at level 20, you might be able to summon 10? 8? However, they're much stronger.

EDIT: Quietus, you bastard, you beat me.

4. Hell Fetish

Hell Fetish IncGamers Member

thats really depressing. but thx for dealing with my noobness. appreciate it.

5. Inokis

Inokis IncGamers Member

How is that depressing? Each skeleton is at least twice as strong and durable than they used to be. If you max mastery and skellies you shouldn't have any problems.

6. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Remember when you took your skellies to meet normal Diablo and one blast from his ring of fire was enough to kill them all? That's no longer the case. Summoner necros tend to be slow, but can typically solo any point in the game...with the possible exception of the Uber Trist.

Look over the guides in the necro forum for some great updated information. You'll thank us AND Bliz!

7. BlueOctoberFan

BlueOctoberFan IncGamers Member

If you search YouTube, you can find a video of someone taking Uber Trist with a summon necro. It takes around 8 min, if I recall correctly, in true necro fashion, but it can be done.

8. JME

JME IncGamers Member

Actually, FooSoft shows that a necro can do this in very admirable fashion. In fact, the time isn't 8 minutes; he does it in 3:10. The link is herehttp://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=476867&page=4&highlight=uber
    Page 4 is what you want to see since that is his best video. Read the whole thread for more information.

9. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Yah, the CB on those Urdars is teh pwnage.

Also, btw, Golems are knida buffed now too (I think they weren't so much before), especially the Clay Golem. A level 50 Clay Golem with level 50 Golem Mastery has 55k life...that's a LOT of life. (My golem has died once, ONCE in PvM...I was sad...stupid Lillith, she boned my Golem for like, 5 minutes straight and he finally died. Poison stops his regen...that's a mean trick).