Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help my lvl73 strafer

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by bluedragoon, Apr 8, 2005.

1. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

help my lvl73 strafer

hi i made a strafer, she is lvl 73 now and her max dmg is just below 2k without might. What can i do to change that ? my stats/skills/equip

stats(with items)
    strenght: 152
    dex: 238
    vita: 112
    nrg: 17

skills
    20 strafe
    20 MA
    17 Valk
    rest pierce and penetrate etc

Equip
    armor: tal armor
    weapon: wf(shael)
    belt: goldwrap
    helm: shako
    boots: wt
    gloves: LoH
    rings: nagels
    amu: cats eye

i don't have lots of psn scs should i get some, or just lvl myself and my merc a bit for more dmg ? please some tips, but do remember its a mf strafer, so i need some mf to do pits etc

2. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

PDSC'S will add damage to your char screen but for a PvM straffer will not increase your actual kill speed by much anyway. Everytime you hit a monster, the poison damage starts again so no matter what the charms say, you will not get nearly that actual damage. If you have 500 poison damage over 10 seconds, that is 50 poison damage per second. If you hit a monster once every 1/2 second, that means that each arrow is only actually doing 25 poison damage so it is really not much.

2 nagels is a bit much for a straffer. You should switch one for a ravenfrost for about 80 to 100 more max physical damage plus a bit of cold. You have zero life and mana leech which has to be annoying and your speed is 9/3 if your armor and shako are not fervored. Getting up to 120% ias will increase your kill speed by a ton. I would change the helm and belt to tals also. This will cover your dual leech, help a bit with resists, and you really won't lose much MF due to the belt's MF and the partial set bonus. NExt you fervor the helm and armor and you will kill very fast. Other than that your damage is not all that bad. Pump dex from here on out and as you level, your max damage will also got up on the bow. Be patient and get your speed up. Also get a few max damage sc's for a little extra punch.

3. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

You might also consider getting atmas scarab and reworking your gear to replace the IAS lost from catseye. If your merc already has reapers toll, I wouldn't stress that as much. How much critical strike?

I presume might merc?

4. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Get as many max damage sc's as you can find. Xzon hit the nail on the head when he said that psdc's will add to your screen but not your kill speed: skip them on a strafer. Fill your inventory with sc's with dex and damage (max, cold, fire, lit, anything.)

Equip
    armor: tal armor (hard to beat, fervor this)

weapon: wf(shael) (hits hard, but slow: I'm a speed freak myself, so I prefer WWS/Harmony in a fast bow. Plus Harmony is cheap enough to reroll until you get a nice one: 260ed+)

belt: goldwrap (Nice belt for MF, but I would use Razortail to up my kill speed: it doesn't matter what YOUR mf is if I'm doinf pit runs TWICE as fast.)

helm: shako (make sure you fervor this)

boots: wt (Very nice)

gloves: LoH (can't be beat in the pits)

rings: nagels (this is a bit much, I would definitely add a Ravenfrost, actually add 2, or maybe Dual leech rare since you have none, you've got quite a bit of MF from your armor and helm.)

amu: cats eye (I like Highlord's better, but that's personal preference. Try it out)

Also with a WF, your damage will go up as you gain lvls. At 80+ this bow gets crazy. And keep pumping DEX.

Hope that helps.

Another thing you may want to consider is tradability. I run the pits constantly with little MF, but I kill REALLY fast. With runewords reigning supreme, especially on ladder, socketables a very valuable. I find tons in the pits and trade them for the good stuff. I usually have about 50-100mf on my pit runner. But, if you don't like to trade, and you're not on ladder you may want to take this with a grain of salt...

I love running the pits, it's almost my home. If you want to run with me sometime just let me know. I'm on USEAST Ladder...

*the_salmon

Oh yeah, and if you don't have a might merc, get one. there's a reason they're cliche on a bowzon: you have to have a hell of a reason* not to go with one. It's totally money.

*Hell of a reason : act 1 Rogue (ladder) packing Faith/Ice.

5. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

WF is not slow. It's only slow if you don't have enough ias. 120% is not too tough to hit (if you use the amulet for ias, not atmas) which gives 9/2 strafe. Fastest possible is 8/2 and that is only 1 frame faster for a 10 arrow strafe (26 frames opposed to 27). WF hits about 2.5 x harder also so... If you have the gear, WF can not be beat for a straffer.

Razortail will not speed your runs up that much if you have a 9/2 windforce with pierce skill already pumped. The monsters should go down so fast that 2 or 3 strafes should take down any group.

Wmeredith is a definately giving the typical WWS straffer answers. While they are very accurate for a WWS build, not quite the same for a WF.
    (all you WWS users prefer highlords due to stacked Deadly strike %, as well as razortail. Razortail might cut the number of strafes to eliminate a tough group from 9 to 6 for you guys, but doesn't make as much of a difference for us WF straffers as with 80% pierce from skill points, our damage takes care of business fast enough).

We should get a bunch of straffers to run around together. Maybe a mavina zon to slow things down a bit. Definatly a couple WWS's for the beautiful amp and the rest WF's. Was in a baal run group about 6 months ago with 5 bowazons and a hammer pally. Arrows everywhere and the high level conc made our bows slaughter everything. It was an awesome sight.

6. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

how much more ias do i need with a shaeled wf cuz i dont really understand how i should calculate the wf if i should count it or not :)

7. EdvinMedvind

EdvinMedvind IncGamers Member

@XZON: I would definately be up for something like that. I tried to get semething like that together but only one showed any interest. My Strafer's a bit amputated atm because my Psycho Killer Zealot has borrowed her Fortitude, but Lion Heart is a respectable armour too. Which realm are you talking about?

8. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Windforce has 20% inherent IAS, which combined with a Shael gives 40%

As Xzon said you need 120% IAS to reach 9/2 frames (which you really should) so you need 120%-40%=80% IAS from gear.

9. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

East Ladder. Would be fun.

Made a mistake before. You have Mana leech from the bow. Just no life leech.

10. EdvinMedvind

EdvinMedvind IncGamers Member

I'm on Europe myself so that would be a bit difficult. Ah well....