Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HELP! my LoD cd is broken....

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Summerfun, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Summerfun

Summerfun Diabloii.Net Member

HELP! my LoD cd is broken....

First of all, i know this issent the right place to post,
    but people allways seems so nice here :)

I was instaling LoD; (after i formated my Computer) the com coludent
    read the cd. as i was whiping the dirt of the cd, i broke it!

Can any thing be done? or do i have to bye a new one?? remember that i still have my cd-key

Best regards.

2. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak Diabloii.Net Member

I think you can ask bliz to send you a replacement CD if you pay then $10 or something. Realistically tho, ask a friend to burn you a copy.

Garbad

3. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

Buying a new cd shouldn't really be a problem... They should be dirt cheap by now. In my country they cost about 15 dollars not really anything to freak out about...also support Blizzard:)

4. Summerfun

the problem is not the $$. its where to find a store that still sels those old cd's and btw all my friends stopped playing 4 years ago (back in early 1.08) they dont have their cd's any more...

5. Beowulf

Beowulf Diabloii.Net Member

Support Bliizard? For what reason? I use to think like that until they started charging insane amounts of money to play their games and give nothing in return. While I have onle played wow a couple of times from what I have heard there have been lots of problems and complaints.

6. mhl12

mhl12 Diabloii.Net Member

if u live in the U.S. finding a d2 battle chest or LoD is not that difficult. go to any electronic store (best buy, circuit city, etc.) and they will have it. If u live outside of the U.S. im not sure then. Any major electronic store should have the game since its so popular. If not, order online or something. I know amazon.com always has discounted stuff.

7. Summerfun

First of all, THX for the many good sugestions!

but i've just downloaded the LoD cd as an .iso file.
    I opend the .iso with d-tool and thought i could install LoD that way with my original CD-Key..... Guess what that diddent work! As i was instaling, i was woundering; When do the "plz enter CD-Key" pop up??? it diddent.

Anyway i started running LoD, worked fine until it tryed logging onto
    B-Net...... "Unknown application"

Bummer. Any advice?

8. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

Diablo II...greatest game ever made...StarCraft greatest realtime strategy game ever made... WarCraft 3.. okayish RTS...Seriously you're still here...lots of people are still here, even with WOW lot's of people are still here.. Diablo II is the greatest achievement in gaming history... that's why. And if you don't like to pay for your play time.. then don't... if Blizzard wants to make a game that requires a fee to play I don't mind, I'll just continue playing Diablo II that is totally free..

To Summerfun: Buy that damn cd already... you never know what nasty virus you'll get downloading illegal games of the internet. Jusk ask your local store if they can order Diablo II...that worked fine for me.

9. Summerfun

Its not like i havent tryed that! but d2 is so outdated....
    one place they couldent get it, another place they actualy laughed at me for asking!

Think ill order some where like amazon.com

10. psych

psych Diabloii.Net Member

If you live in Europe, you should order from amazon.co.uk I think, so they won't charge you value added tax (BTW in Dutch) at customs. I ordered from amazon.com and when it was delivered I had to pay the 19%, although they don't tell you in advance.

Just a heads up.

11. Beowulf

Beowulf Diabloii.Net Member

The problem is Blizzard does not care for it's client as much as they once did. They have gotten to big of an ego and I am not the only one who thinks this, hell many of their own and best employess (the ones that made d2) are gone, fed up with the way things were being done. Sorry to say that down the road Blizzard might become an empty shell of what they once were.

12. richo

richo Diabloii.Net Member

well why not buy on internet then cause i did that :D, only search a safe site and you can go loading loader or 2 serials :rolleyes:

13. lepermessiah187

lepermessiah187 Diabloii.Net Member

dunno if u live in the states, if you do however, almost every computer gaming store still sells diablo 2 and lod, sometimes however its only the battlechest, others alla gamestop or game crazy sell the expansion individually.