Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help my HC Untwinked Dual Claw Assassin

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DaveW, May 6, 2008.

1. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

Help my HC Untwinked Dual Claw Assassin

Kia ora all
    I have a HC Untwinked Dual Claw Assassin, using ATMA as an extended stash. My gear is pretty crappy atm. She is in Normal difficulty Act2 btw. I will first max TS then Dragon Claw. CoS hides her ok atm but I know sooner or later I will face Physical Immunes. What MA skill would you recommend? I have checked guides and some say get LS and DS but I wanna stay MA all the way. So shud I get Phoenix Strike or one of the other skills (CoT or BoI)
    I will max TS and DC and get a few more points in MB and CoS. I will also re-run areas as I feel she needs good gear. Any suggestions?
    EDIT: I started this char in a HC MP game with Nepeta. He said HC untwinked melee is the kicka** build. I said to him that I wud twink it but after consideration she will stay untwinked.

2. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Re: Help my HC Untwinked Dual Claw Assassin

Since you are intending to use claws and FoF converts 3% physical damage per slvl to fire, an interesting idea is to max that and use it together with a charged up TS (you only need 1 charge of FoF for the conversion to happen). I don't know if untwinked HC is the right time to try this out, although combining TS with DC is at least as weird I suppose.

It allows you to max Venom, or a shadow if you wish since it doesn't require a synergy.

3. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

What finishing move do Assassin MA Physical damage dealers usually go with? I thought Dragon Claw was the one but I may be wrong.

4. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Dragon Tail

5. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Normal attack or DTail. Pure TS builds (aka Fishysins) generally don't use claws. The problem with DC is that you cannot control which claw releases the charges, so you need not one but two good damage claws. With normal attack you also have a lot more weapons available. The downside is that you can't use elemental charge-ups (left branch of the MA tree) with non-claw weapons.

6. Evah

Evah IncGamers Member

some tips from a lame n00b who hasn't been playing the game for about a year already

I'd leave charge-ups untouched. When I nad a dual-katar 'sin I tried to buff my blades with TS every now and then but I found out that it's much more convinient to kill a monster with a sequence of deadly DC's instead of gaining charges and then releasing them.
    Personally for me hilarious aspd combined with high damage modifier of Dragon Claw is more than enough to slaughter anything.
    PI's are not the thing to worry about as Venom works fine. Also don't forget about open wounds and CtC Amp.
    Oh and I had some points in Blades of Ice, the skill was perfect for crowd control in combo with Mind Blast.
    Kick sins are good too and they are less equip dependant. Amn-Tir katar and any myrmidons is pretty much all they need to kick arse. Get 2 katars for good block with relatively low dex (50-70 is enough to get reasonably fast claws), cast Venom and kill anything you encounter.
    My kicker used Dragon Talon for regular monsters and bosses and Dragon Flight (I maxed it so that I could pack a very powerful blow w/o charges) for "key" monters like Oblivions and Shamans.

I hope this helps a bit.

7. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

Thx for all the info.
    I have had a HC Guardian death. My untwinked HC Assassin has now turned to HC twinked.

8. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

speak from experience, melee sin requires very good use of crowd control if you want to stay alive.

If you want pure melee, I recommend max PS, then either FoF or CoT. Fire has highest damage number, however, consider FIs are more common too. CoT has the advantage to release twice if your finish move is DC. IMO, CoT is better for dual claw. PS is very useful for crowd control and capable of kill anything you may face. The 3rd charge simply pwnz (might be a little slow, but frozen monsters cannot touch you) anything that is not CI.