Help my HC Melee Assassin

DaveW

Diabloii.Net Member
Help my HC Melee Assassin

Hi all, Im looking for advice for my HC Melee Assassin. She's currently at Clvl 49, NM Act 1. I have maxed Tiger Strike and Dragon Tail. Here is her gear.

Angelic Wings
Angelic Halo
Duskdeep
Sigon's Wrap
Sigon's Gage
Natalya's Soul
Smoke (Gothic Plate)
Angelic Halo

And the hurty stick ....
Ribcracker
Quarterstaff
Two-Hand Damage: 57 to 153
Durability: 124 of 130
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 31
Staff Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x6427c5bd
+15 to Dexterity
+100% Enhanced Defense
+241% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Minimum Damage
+65 to Maximum Damage
+100 Defense
+100 Maximum Durability
50% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Hit Recovery
150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Crushing Blow

plus various life and resist charms, the best being this one:

Shimmering Grand Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 27
Item Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0xac98738f
All Resistances +14

Mercenary Items :
The Spirit Shroud
Duskdeep

and his hurty stick
(I'm gonna change him to a Might Merc when I get to Act 2 NM. He is a Blessed Aim merc (I think))

Honor
Yari
'AmnElIthTirSol'
Two-Hand Damage: 84 to 162
Durability: 21 of 28
Required Strength: 101
Required Level: 27
Spear Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xb188c679
+10 to Strength
+160% Enhanced Damage
+250 to Attack Rating
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +10
+1 to Light Radius
+1 to All Skill Levels
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
25% Deadly Strike
Socketed (5: 5 used)

ATM things are pretty good. Monsters fall fast, I haven't met any Physical Immunes yet. I do want to get a Pul so I can upp my Ribcracker.The thing is I know things will change the closer I get to Hell. What skills should I now invest in? Death and Lightning Sentry? Shadow Master or Warrior? How do I handle the PIs? Any suggestions would be appreciated. And please remeber this is HC. And I don't have Uber gear. Cheers.

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Help my HC Melee Assassin

Here was my layout: http://forums.diabloii.net/showpost.php?p=5919084&postcount=1
I went with Shadow master and 1 point in Death Sentry.
Dragon Tail can take down PI's easily, if you know how it works. The Fire damage is based on the physical damage you do, so you have to attack a non-PI for the Fire to trigger.

If you want some more information on why I went with certain skills, and other info, just ask. I'm slightly busy, and will be free in ~half an hour to answer anything you may want to ask.

DaveW

Diabloii.Net Member

Hi Drystan, thx for the reply. An Aussie? Oh well thats OK, I know we play better Rugby anyways .... :D.
Did u use Mind Blast much? I was thinking of Trap skills (DS and LS) But only LS gives any considerale lightning damage. DS mainly gives Physical and Fire damage, same as my Assassin. I was hoping of a way of dealing to PI/FI monsters.

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member

Mind Blast and CoS will be your main survival skills. Cast them against any ranged, unique or large packs, and you'll be able to split them up, blind them and convert some at the same time.

I think DS was mostly for corpse removal, but also for the damage of corpse explosion. It'll remove some more enemies while you take on others.

As to PI/FI, you could keep an eye out for something with ctc or charges with decrep or Amp damage. Other possibilities are things like open wounds. This might be the best against the Ancients, because the WW'er can do quite some damage. Hit and run with something like a Riphook to keep OW active could help. OW on your merc could help as well. Keep the monster stunned/knockback with Mindblast, and let your merc OW or other elemental damage against him.

You talking Tri-nations/union, or league? I'm a fan of the Warriors, although they're doing poorly again. :( Hehe.

Also, if you want to go with Lightning, I'd go with a pure trapsin. I think there are some hybrids out there, but I don't know about their efficacy. I'd imagine it could be quite decent though with the right equipment. No experience in this area.

DaveW

Diabloii.Net Member

Mind Blast and CoS will be your main survival skills. Cast them against any ranged, unique or large packs, and you'll be able to split them up, blind them and convert some at the same time.
Thx . I thought as much. I haven't any skills in MB but will get some now.

]As to PI/FI, you could keep an eye out for something with ctc or charges with decrep or Amp damage. Other possibilities are things like open wounds. This might be the best against the Ancients, because the WW'er can do quite some damage. Hit and run with something like a Riphook to keep OW active could help. OW on your merc could help as well. Keep the monster stunned/knockback with Mindblast, and let your merc OW or other elemental damage against him.

Thx for the info

You talking Tri-nations/union, or league? I'm a fan of the Warriors, although they're doing poorly again. :( Hehe. Im a fan of them 2. And u are right .... they aint so good atm.

Also, if you want to go with Lightning, I'd go with a pure trapsin. I think there are some hybrids out there, but I don't know about their efficacy. I'd imagine it could be quite decent though with the right equipment. No experience in this area.
Im still in the air about that too. Thx for the reply Drystan.

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member

How did ya get a five socketed yari though? Did you twink it on? Not that that's bad or anything, just curious. I was under the impression that items in NM could get up to 4 sockets only, and in Hell 5/6 socketed items would fall...

DaveW

Diabloii.Net Member

@Merlin, I found the 5os Yari with either my Fishymancer (deeds) or my Light Trapper (in Hell Act 4). Either way, I would prefer a Reapers Toll. lol.

Llathias

Banned

How about Phoenix Strike and an elemental charge up as synergy (Blades of Ice being the easiest to use as it's the last charge, and provides much needed safety in HC). That's the route my SC assassin (A3 NM, lvl50 something) is taking. An advantage of PS/BoI over LS is that you can combine it with TS before releasing them with an even more devastating Dragon Tail.

lukin

Diabloii.Net Member

Death Sentry and Fade were my route. Cast Fade for the resistance and curse reduction then kill someone cast DS and watch the rest die.

DaveW

Diabloii.Net Member

Thx for the tips everybody. My plan is to max Phoenix Srike (it allows charges on non-claw class weapons if I've read properly) and remaining points in Death Sentry for corpse disposal. Hopefully we'll see a Guardian thread soon. :D

maxicek

Moderator Single Player

If you finish with Dragon Tail, the damage is based on your boots. You really want Myrmidon Greaves here. Upped Gores are probably the best bet PvM. If you finish with Normal Attack (i.e. Fishysin) then up the Ribby if you can.

You are correct about PS. If I played HC I would max DS and LS though. If you want the challenge PS and CoT.