Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help my Hammerdin in HELL !!

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Breintje, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Breintje

Breintje IncGamers Member

Help my Hammerdin in HELL !!

Jo,

Got some probs with my hammerdin.... the guy rocks in nm mode....everything dies in an instant.

Now that i moved on to HELLmode, i cant stay alive...Act1 just rips me apart sometimes....how can this be ?? I hear all hammerdin rule...whats wrong with mine.??

Got lvl 76, max BH,max Conc,max BA,lvl 12 Vigor, lvl10 Holy SHield(75% chance to block) 1000life, low res (about +20 res all), ...do about 3500dmg with hammers

Got Stealth Mesh armor,Peasant Crown War Hat,Crafted caster belt,simple +2pally scepter,rhyme shield,+1offensive amulet and those unique pally boots that give +2 to vigor (forgot the name :scratch: )

My merc, a Holy freeze ACT2 nm, got lvl 72, +4x res all,....

All help, advice and tips are welcome :lady:

2. 2welve

2welve IncGamers Member

maybe because of your resistance mate. 20% all res u said? but im not sure tho

3. FistOfHeaven

FistOfHeaven IncGamers Member

Its ur equipment

Your biggest problem is with your equipment, from what you posted your skills seem to be in order but you are sadly lacking in the right hammerdin equipment. First of all you NEED!!! a Shako. I mean 2 to all skills and assloads of life and mana +dam reduction you just cant beat it.....its moderatly costly if you are poor, but its imperative. For armour Enigma is best(obviously) but unless you are rich its pretty hard to obtain so id recommend that you go with Gaurdian Angel(upped if u are ladder) this armour is total gravy for how cheap it is......+skills,fasterblock,+chance to block,+15 to max resists. You should be able to pick up one of these for cheap......other choices that are not 2 shabby are upped Shaftstop or if u are really poor Skin of Vipermaji. Gloves........go with magefists or trang Ouls Gloves for the fcr(faster cast rate) Now for weapon the best is Heart of the Oak but its reasonaly expensive so I advise wizardspike......its cheap and gives 50fcr and 75% to all resists as well as assloads of mana......this is far more important then the +2skills from ur scepter. This i think will help u alot cause it will boost ur resists so much. For Shield.........HOZ!!!!!! This will make your guy so much more powerful. But again its expensive so I would go with a high resist shield(if ur really poor get a 4socket pally shield and add pdiamands) For rings I use ravenfrost for the Cannot be frozen, mana, and dex as well as a rare fcr ring with mf. For a ammy i use a 29%maras......but thats wicked expensive so id go with a fcr ammy with some resists. For belt go arachnid after lvl 80 before that go with Verdungos or string of ears for the damage reduction. Boots are not that important...i use wartravs for the mf but other choices are tearhaunch(but I wouldnt use it because the +2vigor doesnt boost ur BH damage......I know that it should because its the synergy but put them on and look at ur damage it wont go up at all..thats what ur using) or waterwalks or sandstormtrek. With decent equipment you should have no problem at all.....my hammerdin was able to solo act 4 hell at lvl 58(didnt die once). Now he is lvl 77(Died once trying to solo worldstone keep with 7ppl in game) and has 90% to all resists 1200k life 75%chance to block 6200 armour and 11 to all skill points..it will be 12 when i hit 80 and equip arachnid. , 7.2k BH dam. Well I hope that this helps you. Remember to keep ur fcr up. You need to have 75%fcr to hit hte 73%fcr breakpoint this is vital to being a hammerdin, without it you will allow 2 many enemies through ur BH screen and you will die.

4. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Not everyone can afford things like Shako (hell, i hardly can) or even WizardSpike and R-Frost, P-Crown is a good choice, try to get a Wiz spike, look for an ammulet with all resist, Smoke Mage Plate could work (compare the to and see what you need more), try to find a 2 socket Paladin-only shield that has resist already on it and then Rhyme that, as said above 73% cast rate will work wonders and tearhaunch is still good with stats and resist and if you cant get a Wiz look a Merchant's for a Scepter with 3 Hammer//3 Con and then cast rate or all skills

5. Anksun

Anksun IncGamers Member

Wizardspike is a MUST. And it's cheap.

Start with this weapon. You'll kill faster (50%fcr) and gets 75res all., get magefist and a 10%fcr ring to hit 75% fast cast rate (it's the break point you want to get).

This weapon will instantly make you way better. After that you'll be able to play in hell and gets the items you need.

I would try to get first: HoZ. After that the shako. (at least it's the order i have gets mine) But getting shako and then HoZ should be easier now than when i get cheappy hoz sometime ago in ladder now.