Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

-Help my godly Hammerdin-

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by FistOfHeaven, Mar 7, 2004.

1. FistOfHeaven

FistOfHeaven IncGamers Member

-Help my godly Hammerdin-

Now first of all I have to say that I am definatly enarmoured with the whole hammerdin build......I mean being able to solo act 4 hell chaos sanctuary with 8 ppl in game is just awsome. But I have 2 problems.......I just dont have enough mana and for some reason my teleport is slow.

Gear
    PtopazShako
    BoneweaveEnigma
    39ResistHeartofTheOak
    Herald Of Zakarum
    Trang Ouls Claws
    Arachnid Belt
    47WarTravs
    29Maras Ammy
    Ravenfrost
    10fcr 10mf rare ring

So i have max resists in hell and I deal 10k damage per hammer. But when teleporting i find that I tele really slow, my sorc has a 75%fcr and yet she teleports at least twice as fast as my pally using enigma with 90%fcr. And I dont understand how other paladins can maintain teleports, my mana drains away in seconds(I only have about 400mana) So im just asking for advice on how to fix my mana problem and for soem answers of why pally tele so slow

2. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

The pally just cant cast like a good ole sorc, but the enigma gets the job done when u got that next frame rate of fcr. If you are gonna wear Trang Gloves (good choice to get that next frame) then u gotta compensate for what u lose from not wearing frosties. If you got a godly hammerdin, it needs sojs. The extra mana from that will help out alot, since you are to be godly. So the godly choice is get 2 sojs to wear. It always helps to get some good mana charms and an annhi if you don't already have one on him (pretty sure you do if its godly).

3. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

yeah i also wear 2sojs on my hammerdin, but when tele-ing around durance2 i still have to use mana potions. I guess thats why they're in the game

4. Andy225

Andy225 IncGamers Member

also since you are godly you probably have a perfect Annihilus... oh wait your not godly your hoto is only 39%... you need to be more godly and get a 40% one.... also some perfect charms with + mana i'm sure you could though since your godly

5. FistOfHeaven

FistOfHeaven IncGamers Member

Why would I possibly want to go out of my way to get a 40%hoto on this guy when I have a 39% and I am over the capped resists. And yes I do have a perfect.....well not quite 20-20-9 annihilus charm on this guy. But if you ask why I dont use +combat Skill charms(I have them) I dont really see the need...BHammers damage is capped at 11k you cant get higher then that.....so why would i sacrifice inventory space for an extra k of damage especially consider that I can kill hell meph with 8ppl in game in about 6-7seconds with my current skill lvl.

6. Suryl

Suryl USEast Trading Moderator

Andy225, watch your attitude when you post. Flaming is not allowed, even when you try to sneak it in. He didn't post "I R L33T" and he may have been implying that ALL hammerdins are godly and frankly aren't they?

FistOfHeaven, the pally starts with a lower cast rate than the sorc. With 0% fcr I believe a sorc is at 13 fps and a pally at 15 fps. There is a fcr chart for pallys in the FAQ stickied near the top of this forum. I can relate to the surprise as I put an enigma on my wind druid and went to tele and thought I was lagging (human druids start at 18 fps). :D

7. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

Suryl..... your av disturbs me o.o

For teleporting, use a wizspike and the wall of the eyeless, 70 fcr right there, and if you have maxed blocking with a 60% shield (like i do) you'll still block at 50% which is decent when you're moving quickly (no blocklock really).

Have you thought about a point into meditation? Or even a scepter with plus to meditation? That could be a quick fix for your mana problems.

8. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

Suryl for president

9. Mr.Glasscock

Mr.Glasscock Banned

hahah, gj andy. I woulda probably posted something similar. Help his 'godly' hammerdin that runs out of mana in 10 seconds.

But yea meditation is pretty good for mana recov. I only have 1 pt in it and it helps quite a bit. Try to use that if you have 1 spare skill pt. But i dont see how you run out. My v/t isnt meant for casting so i have low mana and i can tele around for quite a long time...how odd.

Suryl, Not all hammerdins are godly. Most might have 'godly' gear but they have no idea how to use it. I highly doubt Fist was implying that.

And doesnt godly= I R LEET? :uhhuh:

10. breez

breez IncGamers Member

That's false, but I agree with you that 10k hammers is enough.

Ditch that 10 fcr ring, it drops you down to 80 fcr, but it doesn't matter since the last bp is 75 and next is 125 (hard to reach with enigma).

11. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Swoop TO gloves for magefist, the only good mod on TO gloves is the FCR & cold resistance for a paladin while magefist has 25% regen.

Yea a point in meditation is nice when you're teleporting. Also more straight +skills should help bringing down teleport's mana cost.

12. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Learn to use redemption and meditation after you kill monsters to get mana back.

13. xPkxSumox

xPkxSumox IncGamers Member

Wow, so much criticism... For all you people clowning on his gear, have u not thought about the fact that not everyone is rich? And BTW, if u guys think you have godly gear, please leave your account name on this thread and I'll hit you guys up on USWest and we can duel. Yes, I'm calling all you guys out. :rant:

14. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

I didnt criticize but i like to duel... ladder or non :)

15. xPkxSumox

I'm on Non Ladder

16. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

k - ill duel you a Friendly duel [i dont criticize]... but lets carry this on through PM. PM me your account

17. Vindi66

Vindi66 Banned

You just posted for help with a hammerdin and now your the best??

18. xPkxSumox

I only need to know if it is best for hammerdins to have a 75% chance to block or more life. Thats why I posted.

19. plasteredkittylizard

plasteredkittylizard IncGamers Member

Is it getting hot over here, or is it just me?

/retreats from the flames