Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help - might be screwed

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Verinon, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Verinon

Verinon IncGamers Member

Help - might be screwed

Just started playing D2 again after a few years and boy does it feel good. However, I've run into a problem that I fear may force me to start another character.

My current character is a level 22 paladin. I made it to Lut Gholien, and found all the pieces of that item I needed to get in order to open the tomb of Tal Rasha or whatever. But at one point, I died a bunch. Eventually, I got frustrated at not being able to reach my body, so I turned the system off. When i booted up next time, my body was sitting right there in town so I got my items back. Trouble is, the quest items I needed weren't in there, and now I have no idea where they could be. They're not in my stash (aside from the cube, which the items are not in either), not in my inventory, not where I died way back when. I even went out and killed the Summoner and explored the depths of the worm tunnels again just to see if I could get the quest items again, but no luck.

Am I doing something wrong? What should I do? How do I get those items back so I can progress? Any help is great

2. Terraicarus

Terraicarus IncGamers Member

Re: Help - might be screwed

I believe you can recieve these items though the trade system but also, if you tag along with someone else doing the quest for the first time I think it should be fine. I'm not really sure though, so other comments are welcome.

3. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

assuming you're playing on realm, you can simply tag along with another player as they fetch the staff/ammy, or sit in town until they have it. assuming you quested the alter of the sun in the viper lair and have since spoken with any townsfolk you should be able to enter the palace, and/or arcane if someone tp's you at the wp.

you'll need to "death quest" or watch the summoner die, or at the very least get back to his corpse before anyone reads the false tome by his corpse that opens the red portal to the canyon of the magi - else you'll be forced to walk thru the tomb to visit duriel.

this all being said, if you are simply partied with someone someone that is doing all of act 2, and you sit idly in town in act 2, you will get each and every quest they do, including the duriel/talk to tyreal/etc.

and all you will have to do is simply have to talk to meshif to move onto act3 at the end.

4. Verinon

Verinon IncGamers Member

i guess i should have mentioned that my character is in single player, not battle.net

5. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan IncGamers Member

hopefully, if u do the quests/kill the monsters/touch the alter/etc. again u'll be able to get the quest items dropped again. if not...hmm..u should have them some where...unless u had them on your character as gear and u died so many times that they got erased cuz they were on the early dead bodies of u...if not than u are ...in trouble..and that character is dead/stuck in act2..jsut delect and do a new character...lvl 22 isnt that big of a deal to lose.

also since u ARE playing single player u can get and use atma (a single player program that this site suports) and use that to trade quest items from another character or dummy character (a character u make solely to get the needed quest items for your otehr character, paladin? than delect it once u traded the items off the dummy onto the character u want) to that character that lost the quest items

6. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

aside from atma, your single player character could do open battlenet, and/or IP connect if you have more than one pc, and retrieve the quest items that way.

however, if you are playing an earlier patch, then it would sound like the atma method may be the only (supported here) way to avoid deleting the character.

7. Monzee

Monzee IncGamers Member

Maybe you already opened the tunnel down to druiel? If so the tunnel will still be open and explain why you cant get the staff again. If not you should be able to just go and get a new staff+amulet.