Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help me with PK!!! (Legit)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Zelator, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Help me with PK!!! (Legit)

Hi folks, after my todays most interesting finding - an eth Hone Sundan 169% ED - I thought about making a PK char, legit obviously. :innocent:

I've heard that WW barb with it is pretty good, so I thought about givin that a chance.

First question: What skills should I use? Put a few in WW rest in BO? few in BO rest in WW!? Tell me.

Second question: What gear, I know the Hone Sundan but nothing of the rest, I was just thinking this:

Hone Sundan with 3 Shaels
    String of Ears
    Arreats / Gaze
    Lavagout ?
    Not gores, too high lvl for me. Tearhaunch?
    Rare ring with res and leech???
    WHAT AMU!??!??

For charms I'll look for AR charms, and some lifer, got no wealth for more, so no need to hear those gawdly charm replies :smiley:

Help me!! please

2. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

Re: Help me with PK!!! (Legit)

It all comes down to what lvl you're aiming for.

3. Darkoooo

Darkoooo IncGamers Member

I don't know much about PKing, but you might want to Zod the Hone. As you'll soon loose your weapon since it's eth:wink3:

4. marcello

marcello Banned

you should read up on hone sudan darkoooo :wink3:

5. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

Like said, the level you want to be makes a big difference.

Did you want to stay at the 37(?) level of the Hone, or go higher?

Because at 42 it becomes a different ball game. Also, finding someone to fight you is hard enough, let alone once you are past a certain level.

6. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

at 37 Guillame's

at 42 can start to look into sexy +2 barb helms and Arreats

Please, Please do not listen to the guy who said to Zod a self-repairing item...

Ideally you want a Life/Socket armor with jewels, at 47 you can start getting jewelers, but at 37-42 can do some good stuff with 3 socket squids. String's probably correct, I'll check Gabe's build when I get home, but hopefully NightShade/Matt/Barry will come through and straighten me out.

7. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Hah, that Zod idea is stupid. :tongue:

I will probably be in lvl 42, as I got a nice jewel with 30% Ench dmg, 9 Strength, 21% Cold res.....

Everything else is pretty unknown ....

8. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Hone sudan can ONLY be socketed with 3xsheals if you want it to hit the last BP for whirlwind

37-38 and 42 are basically the breakpoints.

At 43 you can use better wepons than a hone, so I would really stick to 37/38. At 43 (or 45) you're going to run into Scary eth Cruels of quickness as well as you get to use the lower echelons of Elite wepons. I can pretty well bet that some one with an eth Cruel Legendsword of Quickness will trump a 2handed yari barb in short order

How I'd gear it :

3 socket armour of the whale (I shop them like crazy, though thats just me)
    Guilmes face
    Angelic rings/ammy
    Waterwalk
    String of ears
    Bloodfists/Mavs gaunts

What you have going for you:

Lots of crushing blow, mild amount of crit, range 5 , 6 attacks per second.

The downside :
    -No sheild
    -Most people are going to go to 38 to use shaftstop and as such negate alot of CB
    -39 chargers will fight you and oooh boy do they pack a whallup.
    -Eth ginthers barbs are also where you are at...Though thats a pretty fair fight.

9. Master Zap

Master Zap IncGamers Member

Rawr! Quick correction, but fundamentally true , Gface helm is level 34 , same as say an up'd steeldriver (a wicked pairing right there)

In my eyes anything 30-39 is essentially the tiering by and large. Once you hit 42 then a whole class of great items opens up for melee and casters alike.
    42 allows use of Skiller gc's.

39 will allow those pretty max damage/life ar charms too

If I had a eth hone sudan I'd make a Fury wolf out of it. Those are monsters at that level. Packing a 5fpa fury sheal'd and something like 2500+ life at level. OUCH!

how would I gear it?

well assuming you dont have some goldy rare pelt ,

Gface helm
    Peace armor
    shealed Hone S.
    Angelic jewelry
    Soe belt
    Bfists
    and then perhaps Ik parts for the yummy stats.

~Sara :girly:

10. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

You can hit similar numbers at 34 with a shael'd eth steeldriver at level 34, and much higher offensive stats at 37 (30%ed//mod jewels). In my mind, the eth sudan is really only suited for a WW barb, equipped as Shade suggested. A fury druid can do better without, and can reach essentially the same numbers at a lower level.

As a WWer with Eth Sudan, careful of Eth headstriker chargers as NS said, but provided you've got 2500+ life, which you should as a barb, the chances of getting 1hit are very low, so provided you're quick with the juvs, you should be alright.

The only major problem with WWers I have is that they're pretty ineffective against chicken-hackers. They rely on a few quick and powerful hits, none of which is powerful enough to get the KO on its own. You'll win most duels, and kill a good % of non-chickeners, but I doubt you'll have much luck vs chicken kiddies.

-Matt

11. NightShade

The maximum damage you could put out with a perfect eth hone, perfect gear,etc is approximately 500 on the non crit, which is respectable when you figure in a critical but by and large : chicken > you.

My 34 experiences the same issues. The only way to kill them is to just barely wing them with enough damage where they dont feel the need to juv...and then manage a critical hit that also crushes....goodluck with that one.

My issues with the IK set is that it's overkill in most situations that don't require uber high str/dext (like wearing an ornate at level 30) because combined with the belt, gloves, guilmes face and the boots you end up with something like 170 str. Thats why I like Mav's gloves, they offer more life than bloodfists, frost damage and put me in range of 90% of the gear I need in that level bracket.

12. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

I do know Guillame's is lvl 34, I was assuming he wouldn't go lvl 34 for a lvl 37 Yari :) thus figured if he stayed at 37 that was the right helm choice.

Anyway, glad to have actual PvPers chiming in.

13. NightShade

With guilmes you boost your secondary source of damage, which is CB, to relatively high levels (70 something) but this is situational and sometimes not what you're looking for. Eg : Anyone with % pdr is going to shrug it off relatively easily

If you are looking for a pure damage set up then you're going to want to hunt down the ever elusive +2 combat skill, 2 open socket, +3 whirlwind +3 spear mastery helm...but goodluck.

14. zGuJ

zGuJ IncGamers Member

I'd keep it 37 if you took it 42 you'd be expected to duel people who have skillers and very expensive gear. The only thing you should look out for at level 37 with a ww barb are the 37-39 shapeshifters everything else you're in the clear. They are very durable I'd go String of ears 3os squid (could be shopped at charsi) Guillemes Waterwalks and bloodfists Life + fhr. Angelic rings//ammy and of course... PRE BUFF BO!! Imo Guillemes is a better choice for the deadly strike a more effective killers (Don't take my opinion though I haven't tested it)

15. NightShade

Fighting a 45 cold sorc if you're not set up properly is probably going to be the last thing you do on that character. Until the 42 barrier classes that rely on skills rather than phys damage have been outclassed and this is now flipped. Granted, a 3 thul sheild, thul'ed areats 4 thul'ed armour and 2 ravens make a cold sorc pretty well negated, having to do that probably means she will scan your gear and not duel you.

16. rolling stoned

rolling stoned IncGamers Member

i didn't think that CB triggered with WW, but i could be wrong :brainiac:

17. NightShade

Cb can trigger from each individual whirlwind hit

18. rolling stoned

rolling stoned IncGamers Member

i stand corrected. checked around and it does trigger as you say. :hide:

19. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

why do you want to PK people and ruin their fun?!?!

20. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Answering this question is not what this thread is about. This thread will be quickly ruined if it turns into a PK debate. Please refer to the stickied thread titled "repost of pk-ing library" for both lots of good information about why people PK, as well as how they do it legitly.