Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help me with hammerdinbuild

Discussion in 'Classic' started by aznpride, Jun 18, 2005.

1. aznpride

aznpride IncGamers Member

help me with hammerdinbuild

hey ppl sup i play us west ladder classic

i decided to make a new hammerdin char cuz the 1 i have has only like 1190 hp so i need ur help.....i need to know the exact stats.

btw: if u need a rush or any free stuff pm me : xdemonicaznxx

2. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

All vitality. The only way your ever going to get loads of life is if you dont put a point into strength/dex/energy. None of your gear should have a higher str req than about 65, so with a 20 str belt and 2 15 str rings your covered. Pali scepters and amulets can also give +strength aswell.
    For items, dont bother with shard or irathas, because as soon as you realise that they suck you'll start kicking urself cos you have to remake.
    so.. Use a 2+ paladin scepter with +Bh, +conc. Fcr on a scepter is godly. Chuck on magefists, 2 fcr rings and using either a fcr amulet or scepter you hit the 50 breakpoint. Use rare items, as these can give the best mods by far. Look for resists, life and faster hit recovery. Just as an example, my hammerdin has 1870 life at level 89. my belt gives 37 + life, my armour 85 + life and my helmet 76+ life. I have also put every point into vitality

3. pwn

pwn IncGamers Member

i know hammerdin uses conc, can they use fanaticsm instead to get high blessed hammer damage? dose fanatcism and conc stack for high blessed hammer damage?

4. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

No to all of those.

5. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

conc is the only aura that gives damage to blessed hammers.
    the damage added is half the damage that is listed for the aura (that is, if the skilltab says +200%, your hammers will only benefit with +100%)

6. pwn

pwn IncGamers Member

do you seriously know what you're talking about?
    i know i get bonus dmg with fant and blessed hammer in single player.
    ill have paladin online with fantacism soon.. im pretty sure i do get damage bonus to my b.hammer

7. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Total waste there.

You throw on all that fcr junk and still don't hit the 75 bp, and you took away what could have been places to add in to your skills.

Such a waste.

If you get a +1x dex +1str ring, you're doing fine, then just get +to dex on the ammy, and you made up most of the statpoints.

Shard
    Mfists
    +2 17fhr priz stacked fr or cr (or both if your lucky) shield
    20 or 30 fr/w cr/lr/fr boots with fhr (though the fhr not really needed, provided you have fhr on belt and armor. Added bonus here would be a plus to dex.
    Belt 24% fhr, + to str + to life 2 rez (cr/fr first)
    Armor - Good sorc armor works fine here, fhr/life/2 high re, sock with p ruby, or for the rep, use p skull (works best if your other gear has rep on it)
    Helm, 1 of 2 choices. If your rez looks fine, go with a p tarn. Gives you some mf, and another plus to your hammers. If not, or your worried about your life still... go with A nice Grim with life and 2-3 rez. The fhr isn't needed providing you already hit the 48 or so bp... it's not like you will hit 86 fhr anyways.
    Sock again with either pskull or p ruby, it's really a matter of how much rep your gear has built in.
    Ammy +1/2 priz with str/dex or life. A lot of people overlook how + to life is just as effective as a plus to your stats. And sometimes more so. Say you get plus 40 to life on a amulet. Pallys get 3 life a statpoint, so right there you have 13 statpoints saved. My sorc uses a amulet with 4x life and 3x mana for this reason.
    Rings, two ways to go. 2 sojs for added damage boost, or 1 soj and a +str/+dex rez/life ring.

8. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Display bug perhaps?

Conc is the ONLY one that adds to damage to blessed hammer.

So yes, he does know what he's talking about.

Check around any forum, check around blizzards website, they even state it there.

It's the only one.

Even if it did, it's damage potential is far less than that of fanta, and since bh is a SPELL... well the faster attack won't do you any good.

9. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

From what I can tell, it's only nerfed on xpac.

They didn't nerf it back here.

10. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Ok, do so if you want, but make sure you check after the first click on fana, so you wont spoil more than one. You will not like the outcome :p

Mkay, didnt know that one though. Never really tried hammers in classic :)
    I succumb to your knowledge
    :thumbsup:

11. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

I *could* be wrong. But seeing how fast monsters still die back in classic from a hdin, that missing 100% would be noticed I'd think. It's not like we can have +15 skills from gear, than add charms on top of that.

12. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

Yes, but you hit the 50% fcr. I guess if you were rich enough to have a fcr scepter AND a fcr amulet, you could throw on an soj instead. But that kinda gear is pretty pricey, and im guessing that anzpride wont be able to afford all that stuff. And a 2+/3+/3+ scepter will ALWAYS be better than shard + additional fcr breakpoint. You also forget that shard has 51 dex requirements, and you gotta get that from somewhere.
    So with you reccomended setup, you'd hit the 80% fcr breakpoint, and have 5+ to skills with tarnhelmet. With my reccomended setup you would have 50% fcr, and 8+ skills, along with an additional 3+ blessed hammer/concentration. So effectively an extra 6+ to hammer skills.

You suggest wasting around 6k damage, for an extra frame?
    please :eek: