Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help me with clone killing please!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by vipermyst, Feb 19, 2004.

1. vipermyst

vipermyst IncGamers Member

Help me with clone killing please!

hey there. I am having major problems with killing clone on my lvl 85 meteorb sorc. can someone please tell me if this is even possible alone? I have had clone 4 times in last day and a half and when I try to kill it, I don't even dent his life or if I do, he heals to full in no time. my merc is a lvl 85 cold merc and has a 2xamn'd bone hew thats doing 639-2110 damage and with the prevent heal, I figured this might help a bit. merc also is wearing tals helm for the additional 10% LL. doesn't matter. gets killed very quickly. I don't know what else to try but if someone could give me some advice on this, I would really appreciate it. and I was in a game the other night(sunday I think it was?) and clone showed up after all my friends had left for the night. I tried to log here to see if someone could help me get the charm but forums were down. if I leave a post here do people still help kill clones without taking the charm? I would even pay somehow with an item or whatever for the time and trouble but don't want to lose the charm everytime I get clone. please let me know if you are a trustworthy person that would help in the case I get another clone and friends are not online and I haven't figured out (with everyone here's help) how to kill it alone. thanks in advance for all the help/advice.
    -crys-

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

first of all tactics: PMH doesn't work from mercs. so you'll need a buddy of yours to do that. after the PMH, its just a matter of time and persistance. the reward will provide all the persistance you will ever need, but u need to get the PMH. iether from u hitting him, or from someone else.

this forum is the only forum here that is friendly to ppl who ask for help killing DC. just provide the game name/password/realm. I know i will join the game to help out if i can and i see it posted.

the last time i was in a game with DC, i heard about it from here. i had to bring my pally in for the pvm even though he is a hammerdin and has really bad gear. but it got the job done. charge + aldurs mace + lvl 22 blessed aim was enuf to get a hit on DC often enuf to kill him.

about being trustworthy, i really don't think anyone can say how trustworthy they are. its way to easy to lie and you probably won't believe them. you probably shouldn't believe them.

3. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Sorry I don't play ladder, crys. :(

Do you have a Dwarf Star or a Rising Sun amulet? Absorb really helps a lot. Last day when the clone spawned in my non-ladder (non-passworded) game, all the people around me were dying. I was a lvl 74 mule with just 30 resist fire and a Rising Sun Amulet, and I didn't even have to drink any potions.

*Get absorb!

4. Verocity

Verocity IncGamers Member

I have a lvl 91 CL/FO sorc. I can stand still and kill him in about 45 seconds with FO. What you need:

Max resists + dwarf star + Tgods The only thing you will lose heath from is the occassional Armageddon rock that hits you.

Bonus: Lower resist wand on switch. PMH item.

Just stand at the ideal distance to have your orb explode on him while you bask in his fire and lightning attacks. If he charges you, just tele away and keep throwing orbs at him. It really helps to kill his regen so what I do is throw on a Blackhorn's mask and stab him a few times with my wizspike. Switch to normal equipment and kill. Tgods beats a Wisp projector in that it raises your LR to 85.

His resists are 95% across the board so using a LR item can REALLY speed up the process. Hope this helps and good luck!

5. vipermyst

Thanks for the advice/comment guys. I didn't know merc couldn't use the prevent heal on the weapon he is using. guess thats out the door. as for ammy's, I have a rising sun I usually put on for clone. the thing that kills me, and there is only 1 thing, is that blast of red whatever it is he shoots from I guess his mouth. is that fire or lightning? rising sun doesn't help against that so I'll assume it's not fire. my resists are all at 75 in hell but if I use rising sun they all go down a ways. I'll try some of the things you have recommended here and see what happens. the only time this is a problem is late at night/early in morning(between 2-5am mountain time) after friends I play with have gone to bed. I will try leaving a post if I get in that same situation again. we'll see how it goes. thanks again.
    -crys-

6. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

the thing about orb killing him isn't always true. my orb sorc and a blizzard sorc tried taking him down and couldn't.

you not being able to take him down alone tells me your in the majority of ppl that can't just stand there and orb DC to death.

the red thing that he shoots out of his mouth, if i read the description right its lightning inferno. this is something i remember from when i started the game. regular diablo only has 2 real attacks (for those with non-godly gear): the fire nova and the lightning inferno.

7. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

The real key as posted above is really max resist and absorb!
    I saw an Ama with max Lightning res and Thundergods just stand ther and practically loose no HP at all!

if you can do that for Fire aswell you are all set. Dawrfsar is a good example.
    With these and PMH it can get very tedious. Without PMH even more...

8. vipermyst

ok. so that red is lightning then. I think I can do this once I get some sort of lightning absorb. with rising sun ammy I am fine with his fire. just wasn't sure what the red attack was. now that I'm sure it's lightning I can do something to protect myself from it. as for the pmh, not sure I have anything for that as of yet. I'll try next clone with fire/lightning absorb and see just how long it takes to kill him. thats of course taking into account I need to GET another clone 1st. lol. anyway, all the help here is much appreciated. I'll let you know how it goes on next one. I'm expecting DC in about 20 minutes so wish me luck.
    -crys-

9. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Thundergods has PMH and LIghtning absorb...

10. Verocity

Verocity IncGamers Member

Err, Tgods does not have PMH mod on it.

11. ZonnyWonny

ZonnyWonny IncGamers Member

My lvl 92 blizz sorc w/ max cm (5k blizz dmg or so) had fits with DC, i gave up and went to my hammerdin...
    She is by no means weak. She has full tals, SS, 2soj with a 92might merc eth botd warpike,um'd up'd shaft, delerium bone visage. He does like 8k dmg himself( he didnt die ).

I really believe hammerdin to be the best DC killer. Mine is lvl ** atm and killed him in 1.3minutes.

I have a botd warspike that i zeal'd him with for the pmh(any pmh weapon will work, just happened to have this in stash). After that I just hammered him.

I do have to mention that he is "leet'd" out (6BO cta, enigma,sojs,hoto,ect) with a 13k dmg hammer, but even w/o awesome gear i think it would be pretty easy as long as you have good resists and around 1200hp's.

12. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Your spells as a Meteor/Orb sorc have delays, so during that delay, you should be running, or else when his fire-snake thing comes out, you can't dodge it. I almost never get hit by his Lightning. Your merc (if it can stay alive) should be able to distract DC and keep him stationary.

Just run around, shoot, dodge, start over. With my characters, all I need to do is drink mana pots, heh.

13. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

all u need to tank Dclone is max resists.....tgods.. and a dwarfstar. The dwarfstar is enough fire absorb and rising sun is just overkill. Also....if im not mistakin the lightning that he shoots is aslo part physical do a little dr helps.
    Me java zon tanks him easily with these items..the only thing that hurts me is when he claws at me which takes me from about 1400 to 800 life...but he dosnt do that much, and if ur a sorc u shouldnt be close enough for him to do that too. Just stand there and static untill hes around half life....cast lower resist on him.... and fire away :)

14. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

btw..if ur on hcladder msg xxsteelxx if u want a hand your first time. I wont take the charm

15. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

Re: Mathil

I've taken him down three times with a Blizzard Sorceress and my Merc. Or maybe it was 4...

16. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

alright man, want a cookie? your rhetorical comments aren't needed. the fact is that most d2 players can't solo DC. it is only the more serious players that even consider looking for a forum for this stuff. the people that are here are more likely to be advanced players as opposed to the casual players.

it is nothing special that you can take DC down. you just have better gear. the thing that really pisses me off is that people talk like everyone has access to all items. if anyone thinks they can take DC down some of the characters i've created i will post all their stats/skill/gear here and i challenge you to kill DC in under an hour with them.

list your equipment. tell me you use a shako/occy/SS/vipermagi/tals ammy or whatever other elite gear you use. it will only prove my point.

every post i make takes into account the fact that the people asking for help are not always the people with the elite gear. this person can't kill DC with a lvl 85 meteorb sorc. my orb sorc was trying to kill DC with a blizzard sorc. it didn't work at all. these are just 2 examples.

This has been a hateful rant, and im sorry: sorry that you can't seem to see how other people can have worse gear than you. throw in your excuses about "he could have the gear if he wanted it and blah blah blah... blah blah mf blah blah blah... trade... blah." some people don't find mfing fun. some people don't play this game to spend an hour a night killing mephisto over and over and over again.

17. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

How long does PMH last?

How long does PMH last on a monster? Can I hit Dclone with a melee character with PMH, then come back with sorc to mop up?

18. vipermyst

ok people. I just had my next "encounter" with the clone. it didn't turn out much better and it was a public game so no chance of asking someone to come help as the game had just me in it then 1 person came and must have took an ad out on TV cause it filled faster than I have even seen a game fill. anyway, I beat on him. I kicked, I screamed, I begged, cried, pleaded... all to no avail. I still can't kill him alone. let me update my gear as I have found a few more items in last day or so. my lvl 86(made lvl) meteorb sorc has the following gear:
    ethereal skullders (found couple of days ago)
    occy (just found tonight, yay!)
    frostburns
    mf boots, nothing special
    shako, friend let me use til I find my own
    goldwrap
    rising sun ammy, only when trying to kill clone
    2xp diamond shield. (can't think of name. unique shield that comes with 2 sockets)
    dwarfstar
    raven frost

Think thats it. did I miss something? I also have the assortment of resist charms, gheeds GC, and thats all I believe. I guess I need to find something with lightning absorb still and I think my damage is ok. I have maxxed fire ball/meteor/fire mastery and on cold side just orb and about 5 or 6 points in cold mastery. I of course have static and tele and thats it I think. built the way the guide says to make this build. if anyone has suggestions on what would be best for me to use to get lightning absorb and for PVM, that is all I need I think. the easier to get whatever items I need, the better as I for 1 don't buy items anywehre from anyone, and 2 have so-so luck finding stuff. so if t-gods for emample isn't fairly easy to find(and I haven't even seen 1 since I started playing ladder) chances are I won't be able to get or use it. I really appreciate all the input here. I always avoided asking for much in forums figuring I would just get flamed. what a suprise to actually get some real answers and not be made fun of. thanks again. I'll check in later.
    -crys-

P.S.
    I can't restrain myself from this. whoever person was that basically bragged on how he could kill so fast with his, as he called it, "leet'd" hammerdin, I'm still trying to figure out how your buff character stats and low time on killing clone story was supposed to help me? you didn't even recommend anything other than I guess I need a hammerdin? question was how to get my sorc to kill him. anyway, I'm done now. thanks again people. see ya soon.
    -crys-