Help me with a weapon for my chargadin!

SirBeetle

Diabloii.Net Member
Help me with a weapon for my chargadin!

Yo, I'm soon making a chargadin/smiter who will have a skill tree that looks much like this:

20 charge
20 smite
20 holy shield
20 might
20 vigor - or however many I can dump in here
1 into prereq's + zeal.
20 Fant

80/30 coa
fort
highlords
pheonix kurast shield w/res
dungos
raven/random ring
gores
steelrends

Now I already have the equip for him, but need to decide on which weapon to use. Here are my choices.

Last Wish Zerker
Death Zerker
Botd Zerker
Grief Zerker
Grief Pb
Beast Zerker/Ettin Axe

This build is primarily for pvp so don't have to mention the stashables (angelics/enigma etc.)

So my decision on weapons goes as follows:
Wondering if the lvl 17 might from last wish does that count towards the synergy that charge gets from it? If it did, that would save a ton of skill points and let me lvl out the rest that I need.

I still don't know if grief really works with % ed equipment.

Really, what's the best way to go with this build? Should I max fant/vigor/might and skimp on smite and holy shield? I really want to work smite in though since it's the god with charge in pvp. Someone tell me which is the best way to go with this build noting that I'm keeping all the %ed gear trying to get the best dmg ratio combo out of my weapons.

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I don't know about all the weapons, but I do know that Grief ups the damage of your smite by A TON.

pera

Diabloii.Net Member
Wondering if the lvl 17 might from last wish does that count towards the synergy that charge gets from it?
No. Only hard points put into synergy skills count.

herbboy

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm i have a charger and i use a ebotd colosul blade ob him easily 50k dmg
switch to Phoenix + ebotdz againts casters
But is you want to use smite greif berserker axe
never greif pb the low weap range = skilled melers own you

SirBeetle

Diabloii.Net Member
herbboy said:
hmm i have a charger and i use a ebotd colosul blade ob him easily 50k dmg
switch to Phoenix + ebotdz againts casters
But is you want to use smite greif berserker axe
never greif pb the low weap range = skilled melers own you
But then would %ed equip work well with grief zerker?

Moose

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a really good charger that pwnz pk... and i use a grief zerk. Havn't tried a grief Pb cuz the zerk works pretty well.

I wouldn't Use a phoenix and rather use hoz or an eth one (tested these two and the gains from phoenix are just 1k in damage, rather get all bonuses from hoz), and i wouldn't max out holy shield all the way really, because your not gonna be able to have all those skills maxed out.
Holy shield stops giving great bonuses after like 20~ i think.. so you only ahve to put a few skills while then you can get + skills from your equipment.

I'd use drac's if i was you, steelrends are too high of str for me. Make sure you got a lot of life, atleast 3.2k with bo.

Now with smite, i'd rather max that out then holy shield, after you max out smite max out holy shield if you wish.
But you need to max out fant,charge,vigor,might,smite,then HS in that order.

I also sometimes switch to an ebotdz sometimes 400% ed... and i do around 18k per hit... (gg charms)

Your first charger won't be as perfect, but you'll learn and you will probably choose to remake him as i did, and will pretty soon! *Leb_dynasty