Help me with a Dual Axe Frenzy Barb....SC - 1.11 - RRM ifr

Rummski

Diabloii.Net Member
Help me with a Dual Axe Frenzy Barb....SC - 1.11 - RRM

Hello all,

I'm a new-old guy that has lurked around these forums for years now, recently started up a new character for the first time in years. I have played off an on since the D2 release, but never delved too far into the nuances of the game.

I am mainly asking for opinions on how you'd deck out a Dual Axe Frenzy Barb, I have searched for a thread about one and either my Search-Fu is weak or one doesn't exist. I have some items to twink, but not all, and I am not asking for any items, as I really enjoy MFing.

Currently he's in Act IV Normal, playing p8, and has little trouble. Level 33

Wiedling Dual Rake Scar's, with Peasant Crown, Angleic Ring, Ammy, Armor (For 50% MF), Nagelring, Chance Guards, Goldwrap, Tearhaunch --

Thanks for any advice and hopefully I'll have a chance to be a better contributor now than in the past.

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Help me with a Dual Axe Frenzy Barb....SC - 1.11 - RRM

Get a point in taunt and howl if you don't already have one. If you find yourself surrounded, howl them away then taunt them back one at a time, and/or use taunt on ranged attackers/resurrecters/etc. A point in war cry (assuming I'm remembering the right skill name) for the stun is also quite helpful. Max battle orders as soon as possible and shop a pair of +3 warcry javelins/etc whenever you can.

If you enjoy MF'ing, I recommend getting to NM mephisto as quickly as possible, then rerolling your map (by changing difficulties) until the durance 2 WP is next to the durance 3 stairs and running him for a while. A frenzy barb isn't exactly the optimal char for this, but it should work just fine. NM meph can drop a large chunk of useful items, and after a bit you should have plenty of good equipment to go to hell.

-CG

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member

dont forget those crafting recipes...

Blood Weapon
Magic Normal/Exceptional/Elite Axe
Ort Rune
Perfect Ruby
Any Jewel
+ (35-60%) Enhanced Damage
(1-4)% Life Stolen Per Hit
+(10-20) To Life

you might find your barb wielding something like this..

Chop's Dire Sunder
Berserker Axe
One-Hand Damage: 109 to 325
Durability: 14 of 26
Required Dexterity: 59
Required Strength: 138
Required Level: 70
Axe Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 95
Fingerprint: 0x957382c5
+20 to Life
+358% Enhanced Damage
+11 to Attack Rating
9% Life stolen per hit
15% Extra Gold from Monsters
30% Increased Attack Speed
Socketed (1: 1 used)

my frenzy axe barb is a powerful hombre but he doesnt like being surrounded...

Evah

Diabloii.Net Member

'Honor' is a cheap and good RW for weapons.

+160% Enhanced Damage
+9 To Minimum Damage
+9 To Maximum Damage
25% Deadly Strike
+250 To Attack Rating
+1 to All Skills
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
Replenish Life +10
+10 To Strength
+1 To Light Radius
+2 To Mana After Each Kill

then, check Blood Crafted gloves. CB and LL - what's not to like?

No points into War Cry - it's not fair, monsters must have chance to fight back ^_^

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, imho axes don't have interesting end game choices in high-end uniques for frenzier. On top of that all of them have low durability and you have to visit town for repairs often. (maces are better - Nord's Tenderizer for Freeze property, solid damage and speed and then Stormlash for leet Static)
If you use RWM, it's easier, classic choice would be probably Oath, Death, Grief, all very nice weapons.

For skills - you have to decide if you go War Cry route, which is imho better if you don't have uber equipment because it's safety. If you choose that route, you have to spend 10+ skill points in War Cry to have useful stun duration.

Edit - and maybe it's obvious, but if you don't use Frenzy on your right mouse button, then by all means, do it.

Skinhead On The MBTA

Diabloii.Net Member

With my Frenzier, SaltyDog, I maxed War Cry because I couldn't think of anything else to do with the points. The huge stun duration was great, and the monster was normally dead by the time the stun wore off. I could probably found some other use for the points, but War Cry seemed to be the best option.

Rummski

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the info so far, the Blood Crafts are something I'll be sure to look into. I was hoping not to use the RWM, but maybe I will...

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member

... if you REALLY want to. Think about it before you make your mind, because after taking RWM, there's no way back :)

But I remember someone here made frenzybarb using Cranebeak and Razor's Edge as main weapons and it was viable. Also, you could mf with some other character for better weapons for your barbarian.

I guess my point was, don't take RWM, if other people suggest it. Take it if you really think you need/want to use it.

edit.

Heey! I've missed my 2000th post :shocked:

Last edited:

bladejj

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the info so far, the Blood Crafts are something I'll be sure to look into. I was hoping not to use the RWM, but maybe I will...
What does going to RWM have anything to do with what people suggested? You can make blood crafts and everything (but a few leet rune words) without downloading the RWM.

Milb

Diabloii.Net Member

But I remember someone here made frenzybarb using Cranebeak and Razor's Edge as main weapons and it was viable.
I think that may have been me, though I used a Razor's Edge and an Islestrike. My tactic was to pump Warcry and use Taunt and Howl liberally to keep situations under control. Just make sure you have at least one source of CB (the Islestrike in my case) and you should be fine.

Rummski

Diabloii.Net Member

<b>Blade</B> it was in reference to Hrus' comment "If you use RWM, it's easier, classic choice would be probably Oath, Death, Grief, all very nice weapons".

It's not that big of a deal really, I will do some crafts and what not, and I am not condemning the use of anything, I just would like to finish off this char before trying out the RWM for another. Keeping all items separate, of course.

I was thinking of changing to Butcher's Pupils for a bit and then adding an Islestrike. It's kind of fun not having a clue where this is going to end up though...

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member

With barb based builds there are three things to look for which will give you the edge:

CB: crushing blow this is amazingly overlooked by many, basically if the monsters not immune you can deal great damage as a % of their total life disappears.

DS: Deadly strike basically double damage from your weapons.

OW: Open Wounds basically works like poison only it's physical attack damage, that scales with the monsters somewhat.

Ideally which ever weapons you master in as a barb you need to work with those 3 mods if you can get the right combination of mods the specific weapon you use and the damage offered on that weapon really don't matter much.

Oh and PS using axe mastery was kind of hard for a dual wielder IIRC, reason why I wanted to rebuild Passive my mastery barb using either maces or swords, just couldn't get the mods I wanted on 1h axes.