help me understand: why hunter?

whathappen

Diabloii.Net Member
help me understand: why hunter?

I am having trouble understanding the point of making a hunter rather than maxing 2 fire skills and make a summon/fire hibrid (other than for having fun, obviously!). A hunter and a summon/fire hibrid will max Grizzly and dire wolves. Then, they'll max either HoW or Oak Sage. At this point, hunters will max 2 other skills, I imagine ravens and poison creeper or spirit wolves. Why not max 2 fire skills that give sinergies to each other like fire storm and volcano. When fighting a PI even with an upgraded kuko and lots of IAS, wouldn't be more effective to cast volcano underneath the thing?

proudfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
It might be more effective, and many people do that. It's called a Huntermentalist. But many people are purists. Huntermentalists aren't really pure Hunters. It's the principle of the thing ;)

whathappen

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh ok. I kind of suspected that but wanted to confirm.

proudfoot said:
It might be more effective, and many people do that. It's called a Huntermentalist. But many people are purists. Huntermentalists aren't really pure Hunters. It's the principle of the thing ;)

Salo

Diabloii.Net Member
whathappen said:
Oh ok. I kind of suspected that but wanted to confirm.
yeah pure hunters also have stronger furry guys. they scale up a lot in damage, and with scaling HoW and a might merc, youll do a high amount of damage.

PI's you just run away or if you want to atma's scarab it and its toast.

Joshua

Diabloii.Net Member
Two reasons for me

Fun...by far the most enjoyable D2 character i have made.

Pride...patriarch a hunter, without godly equipment, or a bit of help shows skill and determinaton (at least I felt it was my biggest accomplishment..did it in 1.10 also :thumbsup: )

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
Bah hunter-huntermentalist.....tomato-tomato ...wait that didn't work in writing....anyhow huntermentalits rock.