Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Help me] Starting Character

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Gynli, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Gynli

Gynli IncGamers Member

[Help me] Starting Character

Hello everyone. =D I've recently joined this forum and i can't wait to start trading.

So my question is... What is a gud way to start out SP!?

I have a lvl 80 meteorb sorc using Ptopaz socketed items for MF. At the moment, she is having a hard time running Pits. Should i look somewhere else for Mfing or should i keep at it even though im' dyinig once per run?

Also, what are some unique/interesting builds that is comprised of not-so-expensive items?
    I'm VERY interested in some CtC builds with some synergy, but they all seem too expensive for me =(

a lot of questions.. but i'm just that newbie. any help plz? =D

2. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Re: [Help me] Starting Character

Sorc's are the traditional MF character its true. I use a hammerdin who does hell meph with ease. You should target 250MF min, knock of hell mephisto a couple of thousand times. Seriously. But, however, first you will want to become well acquainted with what good items are. Its easy to walk past the nice grey archon plate and think that you'll pick one up anytime. You will probably end up with half of your stuff being runeword and half uniques. Then later you will start crafting gear to top off your treasure chest.

My tip: Learn what is a good item. Go over to the statistics forum and have a look at their stickies then post some intelligent threads asking for detailed info. Then comeback here and share :)

3. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

If you're a Meteorb sorceress you should be able to run the pit without dying, pretty much regardless of gear. Try moving a little bit after each spell you cast preferably not in a line with arrows coming your way but perpendicular to that.

As for CtC builds... Those are rarely good. You're pretty much always better of just skilling the skill you want to use instead of relying on a low chance to cast a spell of a lower level for free.

I'm not sure what you would consider a "unique" build. By this point in time, pretty much everything has been done multiple times already. I doubt there is any conceivable combination of skills that hasn't been used yet. Rather than being unique for uniquenesses sake, why not pick something that you find fun to play, regardless of how many people played similar things in the past. Odds are, if something is played a lot it has something going for it.

As far as expensive goes, spell-like skills are generally "cheaper". Stuff that relies on weapon damage is going to be more expensive. Note that not everything that uses weapons relies on weapon damage. Lightning Fury is probably the best example here. You can uses the crappiest weapon you can think of and the skill will still mow stuff down real quick like. Yee haw.

4. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

If you're struggling with Pits on player 1 settings, then you need better gear - although you should really not be taking that much damage either.

I would say mf NM Chaos and Baal until you have some better gear, as your fcr sounds like a big problem at the moment.

5. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

I'd run hell Meph if you are that far. If not, than NM Meph. Easy target. Very fast with the right map (get one where you get from WP to durance lvl 3 in 4 teleports max, though 2 or 3 is possible). And good loot. Use moat trick if he gives you trouble (do a quick search of the forum if you don't know what that is).

That should get you up and going pretty fast. After that you can run either Pindle for higher end gear (also fast). Or go back to pits / AT if you prefer running an area or want to be able to find the items Pindle can't drop.

6. Gynli

Gynli IncGamers Member

@In the name of Zod : Nice tip. I am not the type to pick up every single items, but at the moment i have hard time figuring out the market price for any item. Since i have the extended stash, i'm picking up every green breast plates, but i have no idea which ones are worth my time to sell and such. I guess i can just post a read out for the billions of low-mid items and hope someone will read through it one day... hmm

@Nightfish : yes I should'nt be getting hit at all, the problem lies on the fact that... 1) my merc cannot tank any more than 3 monsters at once... 2) my resolution is set on low since i ALWAYS watch a video on the side xP
    What's a gud low-mid level runeword/unique armor with nice tanking benefits?

Ah, about the CtC. I meant unique as in builds that doesn't revolve around the typical 'theme' of the character. Builds like strafezon, javazon seems rather boring too me. i'm fully willing to use the best possible MFer's for the gear set ups, but i'm more interested in bulids like Iron Golemancer, Necro using the bow that shoots bone spear, and maxing the synergy, Voice of Reason ES melee sorc, pure jab zon (max jab and most sp in passives/valk) and such. I know they all cost alot... I guess it'll be another while before i can get enough gears to start these characters.

@SeCKSEgai : I'm currently running NM meph... Hoping for an occy drop. As soon as i get myself an occy, i'll move on to mausoleum for merc gears, then to the pits... hopefully =P

@Cyrax : I know i can use the moat trick for Hell meph, but i cannot bear questing my way through act 2 and 3... I think i'll settle with running the pits.. =S