Help me plz to find a website about Germany's Autobahn Fatality Statistics

Help me plz to find a website about Germany's Autobahn Fatality Statistics

can u post the link to germany's autobahn fatality statistics plz i need it i need help finding the website. i searched it and it only talks about the structures of autobahn and traffic laws. but nothing on fatalities statistic.

i know speedlimitless autobahn highway is safer than US 65mph and has lesser death rate than US. can someone find the statistic. and ill reward you. talk to me Bnet acc name uswest juste_belmont after you post it
 

Njx

Diabloii.Net Member
You obviously didn't put forth ANY effort at all to search for what you needed, I typed in a few keywords in google involving fatlities and autobahn and got tons of hits, many seemed to be the ones you would need. Now I'm not gonna give you ANYTHING seeing as how this is probably your homework, and you should be putting at least some effort into it. gawd.
 
Njx said:
You obviously didn't put forth ANY effort at all to search for what you needed, I typed in a few keywords in google involving fatlities and autobahn and got tons of hits, many seemed to be the ones you would need. Now I'm not gonna give you ANYTHING seeing as how this is probably your homework, and you should be putting at least some effort into it. gawd.
i put an effort and google is a better search engine than yahoo or altavista
it shows graphs and raw data statistics
ive been searching in yahoo and altavista for 1 hr and they didnt come up with any data...google searches even have graphs to show it

oh well i got what i need now

dont reply cuz i already got what i need theres no reward now (njx saved it) ... i was planning to give away my ebotdcb to whoever posted autobahn stats on fatalities
Can someone close this thread
 

Steve_Kow

Banned
A colleague from Germany visited my company a few weeks ago, I knew him from the times I've been there and we're friends of sorts. Anyway, I was driving him to a town called "East Berlin" (he wanted a pic ;)) and I was driving 85 mph on the highway. He asked me "Steve, explain why you are driving so slowly."
 

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
DanteAlastor said:
212 mph is allowable in autobahn. so you are driving slow
So in a 25 mph zone, going 24 is going really fast?

The fact that theres no speed limit doesnt make any given speed any slower or faster than it otherwise would be, 85 is 85. Compared to traffic, he could be going slowly, but thats a slightly different matter. Going 100 is still pretty quick, even if its legal to go a lot faster...

-Matt
 

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
The learning channel or dircovery had a cool documentary on the autobahn a while ago, like 2 months. It has some really good stats and general info on everything from it being a "smart" road to the special medical units.
 

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
AeroJonesy said:
I have a feeling most people's cars don't even go that fast.
On the show I watched they had this one dude who created a car just for the autobaun and the estimated top speed for it was about 300mph.

I also loved the fact that there is a sort of hiearchy on the autobauhn.

Volks, Audi, BWM, Mercedes and Porches on top. So if someone with a higher car is comming up behind you, you "have" to move over to let them pass.
 

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Beowulf said:
On the show I watched they had this one dude who created a car just for the autobaun and the estimated top speed for it was about 300mph.

I also loved the fact that there is a sort of hiearchy on the autobauhn.

Volks, Audi, BWM, Mercedes and Porches on top. So if someone with a higher car is comming up behind you, you "have" to move over to let them pass.

I'm pretty sure 300 mph on a car, short of putting rocket engines or something on it, is impossible. Ferraris, Lambroghinis, Aston Martins, those sort of very high end cars are on the top in terms of speed, most topping out around 200 mph, a bit higher in some cases. Audi's, Porsches, BMW's, Mercedes and Volkswagons, while pretty quick, are just not going to hit 200 mph without some modifications.

Mmm.... if only I had a ferrari or lambroghini to play with on the Autobahn...

-Matt
 

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
Matt said:
I'm pretty sure 300 mph on a car, short of putting rocket engines or something on it, is impossible. Ferraris, Lambroghinis, Aston Martins, those sort of very high end cars are on the top in terms of speed, most topping out around 200 mph, a bit higher in some cases. Audi's, Porsches, BMW's, Mercedes and Volkswagons, while pretty quick, are just not going to hit 200 mph without some modifications.

Mmm.... if only I had a ferrari or lambroghini to play with on the Autobahn...

-Matt
This car was very and I mean very low weight, and as I said it was in theory he said he would never actually reach it because the car would become airborn before he could. And since this was a show from Canada about the german autobahn it may have been 300km/h.

Two Porsches do reach about 200mph the GT2 and the Carrera GT. Ruf cars, which are basically the Ruf famillies take on the Porsche, have models that can far surpasse 200mph.
 

plasmo

Diabloii.Net Member
Bugatti Veyrons are AFAIK the fastest production cars; they hit around 250mph (supposedly they can get almost to 280 but have an electronic limiter). I saw one in Berlin but unfortunately didn't get to drive it. Oh well; I probably would have killed myself anyway. I have gone 150+ mph for 2 hours in a Vette on the interstate, though, and am still here.

Other cars can still beat them for 0-60, however (Hennessey Viper Venom is 2.4x vs Veyron 3.0), at a tenth of the cost.

And I agree, the autobahn rule of getting over on the right to allow faster cars to pass is a great idea and one I follow here in the States all the time. I wish it was a law everywhere here (some states have various versions of it).
 

Raistlin Majere

Diabloii.Net Member
plasmo said:
Bugatti Veyrons are AFAIK the fastest production cars; they hit around 250mph (supposedly they can get almost to 280 but have an electronic limiter).
That can be altered. I remember a buddy that had to buy a new governer for his Mustang so he could aviod the cut off point. Most fast cars have accurate top speeds due to testing and because of governers. The new Corvette cuts out at exactly 190, but could certainly go faster. I am sure it is the same with most Exotics.

I saw a documentery on the C6 Corvette doing high speed endurance tests on the autobahn. I wonder how much time the people in front of it had to get out of the way, with the Vette doing 185 MPH.
 

Stevinator

Diabloii.Net Member
Here we have a new law that says you can't block any traffic in the left lane for more than half a mile. but that's still plenty of time ti irritate me and it's just that lane. if you're on 294 it has four and in someplaces five lanes. that second left lane should be covered in that law too.
 
Top