1 howl
12 shout
20 battle order
1 battle command

STR: 40
DEX: 40
VIT: 470
ENG: 10

Finishes at LVL 93. MORE LEVELS = MORE VIT AND MORE NATURAL RES.

PRIMARY ITAMS:

BerBer Coa
2x Raven Frost
Highlord Wrath
Mage Plate Enigma
Arachnid Mesh
boots with fhr and resists
Dracul Gloves
Grief Zerk Ax
Beast Zerk ax
2x Doom Zerk ax
20 STAT anni
39x 3/20/20

STASH ITEMS:

2x fcr rings with life/mana/resist mods
Gore Rider
40/15 IAS arreat
Vergundo Belt
Demon Limb

and why not use dungos all the time?

and why only 2 nat res u need res to sorb some like cold and lighting sorc

and will 2xbone master work? for fcr mod rings?

and what boots are besT?

and im useing 2x hotos

and why not max leap? comon now

Ce Olba

Banned
why no torch?
Because the guide was written during 1.10.

and why not use dungos all the time?
Because it's not needed.

and why only 2 nat res u need res to sorb some like cold and lighting sorc
Well, that's one of the outdated things. 4-6 is good. 2 is the point after which the diminishing returns hit.

and will 2xbone master work? for fcr mod rings?
Well, they are good. However, I think that if you want to have 40% FCR, rather use Trangs and Ravenfrosts.

and what boots are besT?
One's with +stats and high triple resistances.

and im useing 2x hotos
You should be using 2* Dooms.

and why not max leap? comon now
Because max Leap is better than 14 points only in TvTs and versus bonewall camping bonemancers.

grasshopper

Diabloii.Net Member
ok ce plz right me a guide plz i dont under stand half of the **** u say

plz right a updated guide plz

like take a gg guide and update it u seem to know bvcs

Ce Olba

Banned
ok ce plz right me a guide plz i dont under stand half of the **** u say
The abbreviations or the English? It's not like I can simply go and write for 5 minutes and make a guide. For your information, I am currently making one

plz right a updated guide plz
I hate people who beg.

like take a gg guide and update it u seem to know bvcs
Unless I would edit it heavily, that would be against of the copyright laws, so I cannot do that. Also, I would need the permission of the forum moderators/admins to use the material (as it says it's their property once posted). Too much trouble.

grasshopper

Diabloii.Net Member
when will it be done

ok heres what i got

Ebotdz beast
arreats/coa
sspurs/gspurs/vempts
arachs/dracs
2xhotos
hilorads
nigma

torch anni 37x32020s

withn this what should i do for stats how much ar do i need?

for stats

20 bo
20 ww
1 zerk
20 leap
20 axe mast
5 speed
1-2 iron
6 res

how that sound ce?

mainaman

Diabloii.Net Member
when will it be done

ok heres what i got

Ebotdz beast
arreats/coa
sspurs/gspurs/vempts
arachs/dracs
2xhotos
hilorads
nigma

torch anni 37x32020s

withn this what should i do for stats how much ar do i need?

for stats

20 bo
20 ww
1 zerk
20 leap
20 axe mast
5 speed
1-2 iron
6 res

how that sound ce?
u play what realm, east? if so use <removed>/gores

get 2 dooms no hotos, dooms are used for the aura kill on low life oponents,
2 bo less isnt much of a life loss, when u get bmed they are excelent for bm-ing back.

use grief, with 34+ ias, instead of botd because it does much more dmg on average

u need to put 1 pt in ironskin not more.

If you have 37* 3/20/20's you will have enough ar to hit anything with ravens +highlords , or angelics set for high def oponents
you need to think about stacking light res tho , so adding about 10 x 20/11 lr scs will be a good thing to do , also add 3-4 20/17 scs for good mana
oh i forgot to mention you need fhr so use 4x 5fhr/res scs

CeOlba has made some charm setup suggestions already im sure he will post some detailed info on that in that thread.

Ce Olba

Banned
If you have 37* 3/20/20's you will have enough ar to hit anything with ravens +highlords , or angelics set for high def oponents
you need to think about stacking light res tho , so adding about 10 x 20/11 lr scs will be a good thing to do , also add 3-4 20/17 scs for good mana
oh i forgot to mention you need fhr so use 4x 5fhr/res scs
All so correct.

CeOlba has made some charm setup suggestions already im sure he will post some detailed info on that in that thread.
You want to?

Here:

Ce Olba said:
The Stats setup of a BvC

The beginner BvCs usually make lots of mistakes here, as they either put too much points into Dexterity or Strength or go with all points into Vitality.

I've come to the conclusion that there are only two stats setups for a BvC. Here they are!:

The Pure Vitality BvC:
Strength: None
Dexterity: None
Vitality: Everything
Energy: None

This build will usually work out decently for the poorer people and also for the beginners who are not familiar with all the different gear setups and the pros and cons of the setups. This setup can be decent, however it lacks the flexibility of the second setup. It's only good side is the massive life it offers. However, once you get better, you will have more success with the second setup, as it offers greater flexibility.

The Flexibility BvC:

Strength: 103 - Stats from Hellfire Torch - Stats from Annihilus

Why this way? Why this amount? Well, you see, if you have +15 Strength from your Dracul's Grasps, you will end up with 118 Strength with this setup. It will allow you to equip your Grief and Beast with only a Thundergod's Vigor, which is a belt you will want to use at times with a Fortitude or a Duress. However if you plan to never use Thundergod's Vigor with your Axes and an additional armor (Fortitude, 120% Lightning Resistances Armor, Duress), you can instead go with 93 - Stats from Hellfire Torch - Stats from Annihilus. This however, assumes that you have a +30 Strength belt with you. This setup can be useful for some people, however myself I built my current BvC so that he can use his Axes with a Thundergod's Vigor.

Dexterity: 117 - Stats from a single Ravenfrost - Stats from Annihilus - Stats from Hellfire Torch

Why this? It will allow you to use the newly found Hsarus + CoA + Fortitude + Widowmaker setup, as you will only need that one Ravenfrost, as you will need your other ringslot for a +20 STR ring to equip your CoA with Hsarus. This allows great flexibility, the usage of such setups as Arreat's + Angelics + Widowmaker for example. It also allows Hsarus + CoA + Widowmaker + Fortitude, which is another great setup versus some opponents.

Vitality: Whatever you got left at your finishing level.

This is where you will put your points AFTER you've put the points into Dexterity and Strength. This is a no-brainer, as you gain 4 life per point in vitality, making each 5 points 20 life, which is the same as one perfect Small Charm of Vitality. With high enough levels you could support your loss of life by putting points into Vitality. For example, if you lose 60 life from using 3x 40 life GCs, you can gain it back by getting three levels. Now you will have the same life as a character of three levels lower with 3x 20 life SCs instead.

Energy: None.

Seriously, none is needed. Some people might think "How are you supposed to whirl at lower levels with low mana?". Well, the trick is here: You're not supposed to maximize Whirlwind first. You go with an order of Leap/Battle Orders -> Axe Mastery -> Natural Resistances -> Increased Speed -> WW. Why this way? It is party-friendly and it allows you to have low mana cost whirls.

Both of these builds have their pros and cons. However, when I'm making the sections for this guide, I will mostly be thinking about the Flexibility setup, not the Vitality Setup. However I will try to have strategies for both.
Ce Olba said:
Charms:

Charms can either make or break the BvC. It means, if you have good charms, you can succeed, but without good charms you will not succeed. There are several different charm setups with their good and bad sides, and I will try to examine all of them by my best ability and knowledge.

The Classic setup:
33* max/ar/life small charms (SCs)
4* FHR small charms
Annihilus
Hellfire Torch

This setup is the most common among all BvCs. It's also the oldest one. It's a decent setup as it reaches high amounts of damage (if the small charms all have +3 max damage, it will add total +108 average PvP damage), high AR and it will also hit teh 48% FHR breakpoint. However, the only places that it can get mana from would be the small charms, which is bad, as you will want to get resistances from your small charms. Also, this setup lacks any flexibility between battles, as it doesn't offer too much resistances. It's just a plain old damage setup. It works fine, but it's not the best or the worst setup.

The adapted versions of the Classic setup: The mana version and my own version:

The mana version:
3-5* life/mana small charms
28-30* max/ar/life small charms
4* FHR small charms
Annihilus
Hellfire Torch

Now, this setup is already a lot better than the Classic setup, as it offers you quite some mana depending from the amount of +mana on your charms. The additional mana will allow you to triwhirl people for longer and it will also help you last longer it duels due to needing less manapots over a certain period of time. This setup is not so common but some people actually use it. I would recommend this setup for the wealthy people as it's clearly better than the Classical setup. Let's compare:
+16 average PvP damage and 585 AR for this 203 mana. That's clearly worth it. 500 AR makes barely any difference in your chance to it and the added 16 average damage is useless in anything less than 10 hits. You will kill most of your opponents in less than 10 whirls anyways so it doesn't matter. The extra mana helps you use Trang Gloves with your pubsetup as you now can have 10k AR, 40% FCR, ~700 mana, all in 1 package. That's what I would call godly.

My own version of the Classic setup:
12* ar/life small charms
11* max/ar/life small charms
5* life/resistance small charms
5* life/mana small charms
Annihilus
Hellfire Torch

This setup might look quite ugly at first look. It loses "lots" of damage and "lots" of AR for "little" resistances and mana. However, it's actually like the ugly duckling that ended up being a beatiful swan. The setup will give you high enough mana to play with your pubsetup versus any opponents (again, ~700 mana). But also, it will give you a bit of all resistances or lots to a single resistance. This is THE setup for dueling versus fohers or T/Vs or V/Ts, as it will allow you to have, for example, +110% to lightning resistance from the 10 SCs alone. Now if you got 4x fhr/11% lightning resistance scs, you will end up with a whopping +154% Lightning resistance. This will help your stacking by quite a lot. Also, in public games, this setup will make sure that you will not depend on the Anya quests for your resistances. Also, it will add approximately the same amount of AR as the Classical setup will. The only downside is the loss of a little bit of damage. To be honest, the amount of lost damage is ~72, which means nothing until you hit multiple times. This might be new to some people and old to some people. However, I've never seen people suggest this setup, so I will present it. I haven't had the time to experiment this setup on Open, but it should and most likely will work just as fine or even better than the other setups.

Now, let's get down to the setups for people who are on a budget. This is something I've never seen in any other guides. All the other guides simply list the Classic setup as your only choice, which is by far an incorrect assumption, and I'm a living proof of that.

The Poor version of the Classic setup:
33* Life small charms with ~20 AR on each
4* FHR small charms
Annihilus
Hellfire Torch

This setup will give you just as much AR as the classic setup. However, you will not have +damage, unless of course you can have those. If you think about buying small charms, you should value them life>AR>damage. This way is the best possible as you will want to have as high AR as possible while retaining a good amount of AR for Grief to do it's massive damage. The +damage is not as necessary with Grief as it would be with Ethereal Breath of the Dying, as you already have a godly amount of damage. Remember that the +damage has to be +maximum and not +minimum. This charms setup is overall pretty fine, as it will give you lots of AR (you will be looking at ~10-11 000's of AR), high life (6200-6300), and you will also hit the necessary breakpoints.

The Grand Charm version of the Classic setup:
3* AR/life Gran Charms with ~130 AR and ~30 life each
24* life small charms with possible additional mods (mana>resistances)
4* FHR small charms
Annihilus
Hellfire Torch

This is the setup that I use on my BvC. It works really great and he has exactly 9377 AR with his pubsetup. However, he has a few other charms with +AR (such as a 20/33 life/AR small charm, a 5/15 FHR/AR small charm, a 1/12/5 max/AR/FHR small charm). This setup let's the BvC have godly AR with a small sacrifice on their life. When buying the charms, remember to make sure that you have at least 6000 life on lvl 90. If you get 3* 132/40 Grand Charms (highly unlikely though), you can just do 3 more levels and have the same amount of life as a BvC with 33* 20life small charms would have on lvl 90. I plan to base my BvC on this assumption and try to get him 132/40 Grand Charms with a ~40/~50 life/mana Grand Charm to give me ~650 mana with Pubsetup.

If you have mana problems on either of the setups, replace three (3) small charms with a life/mana GC that's as close to 45/59 as possible. This will give you ~600 mana with your pubsetup. If you now decide to wear Trang-Oul's Gloves (which is for the best), you can use your pubsetup in TvTs and versus ANYTHING due to having enough FCR and mana to effectively chase Bonemancers and Sorceresses.

About Hellfire Torch, Annihilus and your Stats:

If you want the best effect on the BvC, you should go for +20 stats and +20% all resistances on both your Hellfire Torch and your Annihilus. However, if you cannot afford this, you should go with plain +20 stats on both. This is top priority. For example, if your BvC has +19 stats Hellfire Torch and +20 Annihilus, he will lose ~19 life. This might not look too bad, but when you multiply that by 10, it IS bad. So Stats>Resistances. Go for highest possible +stats and after that go after +resistances. For the flexibility setup, you should assign your stats as pointed in the start of this guide, where "- stats from Annihilus" and "- stats from Hellfire Torch" are the numbers of +stats you gain from them. For example, with +15 stats on your Torch and +20 stats on your Annihilus, you should have base stats of 68/62, assuming +20 Dexterity from 1 Ravenfrost. This setup has ~96 less life than a BvC with +20 stats from Hellfire Torch and +20 stats from Annihilus would have. This can turn into trouble, especially with the Poor charm setups.
There you go. A little reading exercise.

Ce Olba

Banned
and for dex what do u put? becouse i dont think ill have like 13k ar with jsut 37x32020s and ravens and hilorads
You would have 11-12k AR that way.

As for the Dexterity, READ THE TEXTS!!!

I did not write those so that you could ask stupid questions, I thawrote them so that there wouldn't be any of those stupid questions.