Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help me please

Discussion in 'Druid' started by devildriver, May 16, 2008.

1. devildriver

devildriver IncGamers Member

Help me please

I'm rabies/fury druid and I need help killing smiters. I've tried infecting with rabies and then walking away with ss but they still track me down and kill me.
    Whenever i shift + fury they just run up and smite and smite and charge etc and I cant even get a hit in.

I've got high attack rating and max block. I can achieve 50% dr with ebotdz, grief and tombreaver. And i have reached the 42% fhr is this the problem? Do I need more? Ive got 6-7k life depending on gear without bo.
    What do I need to do?

2. Reticent Drappa

Reticent Drappa IncGamers Member

Re: Help me please

Smiters are a pain for sure. The way I usually fight them is to infect them with rabies and then walk away, (quickly using the dweb switch), out of smite range.
    When I do this I usually get charged, so you'll probably want to use your shield, because charge with grief hurts alot.
    Most smiters will have lifetap and it will most likely trigger (erghhhh), that is why I walk away rather then stand my ground usually.
    I could kill them but with lifetap constantly healing them it's another story.

No matter what you equip they will remain hideously annoying. :lipsrsealed:

edit: forgot to mention fhr. I run around with 86% but I have heard that 42% is sufficient (wolves recover very quickly).
    I'm sure that others in the forum will let us know if 42% is fine vs smiters.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  3. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

I usually have the 86% bp by default if I'm using rabies, from Bramble and Jalal's. However, if you wanna play a dirty mean trick, put an Edge bow on switch after you infect and try to get them to charge either your spirit or your wolves. Bramble's thorns may not do a lot, but the two auras stacked hurts like bloody hell! Even if they hit you, chances are good you're not going to drop first, especially when you've got a DoT attack on them in addition to Thorns stickin' it to 'em.

4. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Um... Kell... if you use Edge you'll get chain Charged. Grief is bugged when it calculates Damage Return, hence why the Coyote can leech while IMed. so you'll actually be doing nothing but killing yourself with no shield.

5. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Well, it seemed to work on one of Jary's vids (I think it was him), against smite at least.

6. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Only on Smite itself. Charge is weapon based so it'll work differently.