Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help Me Please

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by soccerballa, Apr 27, 2008.

1. soccerballa

soccerballa IncGamers Member

Help Me Please

Hey, so I used to play D2 LOD quite a bit years ago, quit - and I just started back up again. Bnet and the game worked fine while I was at school but now I'm home and I get the "Unable to Connect to Battle.net if using a modem..."

Okay so I my internet is highspeed digital cable, and my desktop is connected by a LAN through a linksys router. I can get wireless internet all over my house with my laptop. So I installed the game and tried to get on Bnet on both desktop and laptop, but to no avail. I even did the port forwarding by setting up a static ip, forwarding 4000, 6112-6119, and opening them as well. I even tried completely removing the firewall. I've searched all of these forums looking for an answer and I can't find one. So, suggestions anyone? I just want to be able to play some diablo....Thanks

2. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

Re: Help Me Please

you shouldnt need to forward any ports to play on closed bnet, just make sure your firewalls (windows and router) arent blocking ports 4000 and 6112

3. soccerballa

soccerballa IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure my firewall isn't blocking 4000, or 6112. I went under the exceptions list for the firewall, made sure D2 was checked, and added ports 4000 and 6112 to exceptions as well. Something interesting I just found out is that I can log on using all the other realms, just not useast, the one i need. So am I still missing something? You mentioned windows and router firewalls, should I check my router's firewall? Not sure how......

4. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Sounds like the registry key for your realm list is corrupted. Here's the fix: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=21138