Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help Me please!!! about login !!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Louros, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Louros

Louros IncGamers Member

Help Me please!!! about login !!

Hi, i am running diablo2 LOD and for some odd reason it frezes my computer, ill tell you how it goes
    1) i log on and type in my password
    2) i select char and then hit enter
    2a) it says "please wait" and says that for 2 mins while i cant altab out and it completely frezzes my computer
    3) once its dont saying please wait, if i hit enter chat, it kicks me off
    4) once i get into a game, i can play it fine
    5) once i leave that game, it kicks me off and i have to start over from 1)
    and it always does this every single time i leave a game or try to enter chat.

my freidn added me on friends and it says im not on when i am, no one can whisper to me, i cant add friends or acess them

When i went to my friends hosu with my comptuer it works fine and no problemns at all, iv tried it on both computers at my house and it still does this, it seems like somthing is wrong with my connection but idk what it is

Please help me! im running windows xp, and have 512k DSL

2. the_one_and_only

the_one_and_only IncGamers Member

are you running any programs like norton internet security?

3. Louros

Louros IncGamers Member

err umm no i dont acutally

4. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Is windows firewall enabled?

Are your ports closed?

Do you connect through PIP by entering a password?

Do you connect through a router?

5. Louros

Louros IncGamers Member

i am useing a router. My firewall is not enabled and im guessing the ports are dealing with the firewall, which i dont have to worry about if my firewall is not on. what port would i add if it was?

6. MaxMax

MaxMax IncGamers Member

Look at this: http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=ainformation0631p1

With Win-XP you can in your firewall settings just add a program. Then firewall shouldn't be a problem.

But seems it isn't already. Only advice I can give is refresh IP. (bad advice, I know:embarassed:)

Btw. if you have any kind of anti-virus (incl. anti-mal/grey/spyware) disable it.

7. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

You may have to set up port forwarding on your router. I had to it with mine (a wireless netgear), because I was completely unable to connect to Bnet. From your description, it definitely sounds like your router is to blame here. D2 uses ports 4000 and (I think) 6112. Try setting those up and I think it will fix your problem.

This page should help you out with the port forwarding process if you are unfamiliar with it. I used it, but there may be better guides out there.

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You only have to set up port forwarding if you want to use it for TCP/IP games and you are meant to be the server which requires your computer to accept certain incoming connection attempts and your router needs to know which computer on your LAN to forward them to, as you only have one IP address in the internet.

Some routers have preset settings for e.g. Starcraft, I heard, and Starcraft uses the same port numbers as Diablo. So if such a Starcraft setting/button/checkmark exists, switch it off. The standard router setting "allow all outgoing requests, disallow all incoming requests" works fine with closed bnet.

9. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

I thought the same until I got my router. The usual tricks didn't work and only setting up port forwarding eventually allowed me to connect to closed Bnet. I never play open so I wouldn't know about issues there.

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Port forwarding is meant to forword incoming connection requests to the correct computer in your LAN. You probly mean NAT which makes the router forward replies to outgoing requests to the computer it originated from. Closed bnet doesn't generate any incoming connection requests.