Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help me on Gambling Lvl

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Mirokusama, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Mirokusama

Mirokusama IncGamers Member

Help me on Gambling Lvl

1)kk heres the thing.. im just not sure what lvl u should b at when u gamble.
    on Battle.net it says "The items generated for the Gamble stock are +5 Levels/-4 levels of your character's level with a minimum level of 5"
    ----so that means that the items available determines with the +5/-4 of your character lvl right??

2)kk but when gambling for uniques how do we know what lvl?? i know it determines with your clvl but whats the +#/-# thing?? is it 6 Levels/-3 ?? because it says "When selecting which Magic Prefixes/Suffixes are available to be Gambled, the level of the Magical Prefix/Suffix is checked against the randomly chosen value in the range of +6 Levels/-3 levels of your character's level" on battle.net ... but uniques arent magic.. so whats the equation???

is it +5/-4 or +6/-3

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Neither. The +6/-3 is old information and the +5/-4 is just plain wrong.

Items are generated with levels between clvl-5 and clvl+4, capped below at 5. Each is generated separately, so when you open the gamble window with say a level 50 char, there will be a mix of items in there between level 45 and 54.

For a particular unique item to spawn, you need that item level to be at least the base item's qlvl, and also at least the unique's qlvl. You can look here for a complete listing of those - you will note base items have a qlvl and some of them have unique versions listed below which have an additional qlvl. Your item has to be higher than both of those numbers.

So for example to gamble for a Venom Ward, which is a Breastplate (qlvl 18) and has a unique qlvl of 27, the gambled item must come out as at least ilvl 27.

At the low end, unique qlvls are typically higher than the base item qlvl, but up in the elites, it is common for the base item qlvl to be higher. You have to check both.

Then, since your gambled items could be as low as clvl-5 in level, you should make sure your char is 5 levels above the qlvl you need. So you would gamble for a Venom Ward with a clvl 32 (27+5) char. Then you know that every Breastplate you see in the window had the chance to be a Venom Ward.

(A more easily searchable way to check qlvls may be www.d2data.net. You have to look in two places to see Base Item and Unique, but it is ordered more conveniently)

3. Mirokusama

kk.. interesting.. lol

kk so if i was looking for mara's ammy while gambling... is the qlvl 80?? if it is i hav to b 84 rite?? or wat?

kk i mean like if i was clvl 75 or clvl 84 .. can u gamble maras?

4. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

That's right, Mara's is qlvl 80, so you could gamble it with a level 76 char if you were very lucky, but you have your best chance with a level 85 one.

5. Mirokusama

wait wait wait.. is it +5 or -5??