Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help me find a merc pleeease

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Phreakzilla, May 10, 2005.

1. Phreakzilla

Phreakzilla IncGamers Member

Help me find a merc pleeease

I have a little bit of a problem...I have bought almost every merc from NM act II and not a single one of them has been HF merc. Am I missing something here? And if I cannot find an HF merc any suggestions for an alternative merc that would help a meteor/orb sorc would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

3. Jemme

Jemme IncGamers Member

4. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

Yes, NM defensive is the HF merc. It might take him a while to activate his aura, and it might be small enough that it seems like it isn't on in the beginning, but he will come around. The holy freeze aura is represented by a whitish-blue swirly around his feet, btw.

5. Phreakzilla

Phreakzilla IncGamers Member

Wow, thanks for the links, very helpful and informative. Still can't seem to get the HF merc however. Was there a bug or something in the earlier versions? (i do not play online, pretty much just classic with the LoD expansion) The merc that I can hire in NM actII is also a defiance merc just like Normal. Was there a bug or somethin in the earlier versions? or maybe the HF was added in a patch?

Basically, my comp is not connected to the internet so no patches for me, I'm thinking that is my problem. Version 1.07...uh huh, laugh it up but I already know

<--------is a gimp :D

6. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

If you wish to upgrade to a newer version, you can download patch files here. Then just burn it onto a cd or other media to get it onto your computer which has D2.

Be aware, though, that 1.10 plays very differently than earlier versions and you will likely want to rebuild your characters. I suggest backing up your characters before upgrading in case you wish to go back to 1.07.