help me decide

Squiz

Banned
help me decide

ok here is the deal. I'm making a lighning sorc and have the runes to make an infinity which im going to do. My problem is this. Should i put the runes into a 4O normal voulge and just let my sorc hold the infinity, or should i look for a nice eth polearm and put the infinity on my merc.
thanks guys

BodomSaint

Diabloii.Net Member
i wouldn't carry it myself since it offers no FCR and you might lose up to 75% FCR (Eschuta's/HotO & Spirit). also no +skills, no block and if you decide to quit her one day, no one will want an Infinity made in a normal Voulge. Also the -45-55% Light res on it is a bit overkill since the Conviction aura itself grants -85% enemy res and since -res is capped @ -100% only very few monsters will feel the differnce ;)

BodomSaint

Diabloii.Net Member
anything elite polearmish except for collossus voulge, so Cryptic Axe, (Giant) Thresher and Great Poleaxe are your options. However be prepared to pay bigtime for an ethereal, 4 open sockets Elite (non-CV) Polearm ;)

Armageddons

Diabloii.Net Member
I would vote for Cryptic Axe, since it has good average damage and by the time you reach lvl 60, your merc should be already ready to equip one without problem.

spallie

Diabloii.Net Member
well first off...woudln't use it for yoru sorceress, but def for your merc.

I currenlty use obedience...its cheaper, but am trying to make doom, I thinking doom or infinity are probably the best...

doom offers cold aura (whatever its called), so a offensive might merc, with doom is what I want...

infinity is also good, both doom and infinity are very expensive because of the runes....don't waste them on a non ethereal.....

and I would use either a thresher (less damage but faster) or a cryptic axe, slower but more damage.
I got my cryptic axe for some rune ...high but not that high ....so yeah, they aren't cheap, but your ruens are already worth way more than that.

And I think off the top of my head....obedience and doom, are easier...because

you can socket the polearms yourself...because they will give you 5 sockets (if its the right polearm) where as for infinity, I think it needs 4, so u can't socket it yoursef, making it much harder to come by.

BodomSaint

Diabloii.Net Member
actually you CAN get 4 Sockets into any elite polearm that can have 4 or more sockets via a horadric cube reciepe:

1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-6 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 5/6 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/6 chance of getting 1 socket.
The Arreat Summit

but even with this reciepe it's pretty hard and you have to be quite lucky

;)