help me decide on a wep type for my barb

Select your faourite name of the autumn OT thread

• MortIIs: Dictionarus Spammus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HardyTarget: Summer is over but OT continues

• silent shaddow: Autumn OT: The Leaves on trees are browning, and no season 4 leaves us frowning

• jakotaco: Autumn OT: When the weather is just TOO bad to go outside!

• marcello: When the world seems to be falling apart, you can always count on ETF

• LorveN: Autumn OT: Leaves may fall down, but your post count can only go up!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
help me decide on a wep type for my barb

i'm so wishy washy. :(

this is for a zerker barb, preferably 1h with shield, and i would make a grief or oath weapon i can also use for a ww barb later (range 2+, -35 ias.)

re: javelins: i have a lot of ww friendly rare javelins actually that i can see using with zerk.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
I voted Mace, because Thunder Mauls get so much damage. Also, IK maul hits the last BP when adding 30% IAS, which makes WW IK barbs cookie cutters.

Also, Legendary mallets are fun when unique, rare, or crafted.

Edit: Ooops, zerker... Well, still legendary mallets are cool :p no rune words, tho..

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually the best Zerking weapon isn't necessarily the best WWing weapon so you'd have to make a choice :( For zerking faster weapons with base speed -10 and lower means far less ias to hit 9fpa zerk. Therefore an awesome zerking weapon would be a 'Grief' pb while for WWing especially in PvP you'd be losing out in range as pb has range 2. If swords are your thing guess a Grief Zweihander looks good for both zerking/WWing :p Other options would be eth Oath in Balrog, Highland, Champion Sword or EBOTD Cb. Axes are similiar cept u have the options of Doom and Beast. Hoped i helped :D

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
k, i've decided to go with axe. problem is though i don't have any midrange 1h axes except for this rare tomahawk i found with around 188 damage.

as soon as i get a zerker axe though i can make oath.

trying to hit the pits, but so far no good.

HolyGuitar

Diabloii.Net Member
I vote axe. You can make a nice BotD/Doom with a Berserker Axe, and since it's one-handed, you don't have to worry about the shield issue (although I would pick Pheonix for the shield, if you can get your hands on one, because you'll need all the extra damage you can get). Also, for a berserker, it may be sort of obvious, but try to get a lot of "Damage Recuded By %" and "% Damage Goes to Mana."

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
actually my plan is to use insight on a merc.

heh, my highest rune is a gul, i don't think beast/pheonix is in my future. :)

YellowDyeNo5

Diabloii.Net Member
A friend of mine used an eth zodded windhammer on his zerker. The CtC tornados (or are they twisters?) made a shield more or less unnecessary. Zerk a couple times and everything nearby would be stunned. I watched him clear hell chaos sanc and do hell baal runs with ease many a time, which is something to say for a HC zerker barb.

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Maul, Eth BOTD Thunder Maul to be precise...
Zerker grants you no def eitherway, so, might aswell go for brutal dmg... They can't kill you if they're dead, right? and, Zerk + big maul = style points.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
the big problem though is the stun thing. the tornado thing is a great idea, and there are lots of maces that have that mod. my plan was to use howl.

YellowDyeNo5

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
the big problem though is the stun thing. the tornado thing is a great idea, and there are lots of maces that have that mod. my plan was to use howl.
On second thought, if this is to be PvM, you could keep a shield on and use an eth stormlash. Tornado rather than twister, and slower cb, but static field, lit absorb and a faster attack speed will make up for it I should think.