Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help me choose a runeword for this pally shield

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Darnoc, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

Help me choose a runeword for this pally shield

I found a superior 3open socket heraldic shield (lvl 12) and I'm trying to figure out what runeword to put into it. It stats are 61% enhanced damage, 110 ar, and 12% increased durability; it seemed like a pretty nice one especially considering its low level, but maybe I'm wrong.

I figured since it's only a level 12 shield, ancients would work really nice or maybe sanctuary if I get a decent roll, but it would still be a bit light on the defense to be used at the level 49 requirement for it.

Of course there's always dream and dragon, but would this be worth putting high runes into, considering how low a level the shield is?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Darnoc

2. JihadJesus

JihadJesus IncGamers Member

'Rhyme' would be good for a low level shield. You can use it pretty early on, and it's pretty decent for the level - and it grants CBF, which is nice until you can put a Raven on.

3. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

only problem is rhyme is for 2 socket shields, this is a three socket hence the ancients, sanctuary, dragon, dream dilema

4. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

ancients pledge for sure. good one for the job

--welt

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

If you wish to make 'Sancuary' in a pally shield the best IMO is to make it in an elite shield with decent block like Targe,Rondache or Kurast. From the equation:

Total Blocking = (Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)

A 'Sancuary' Sacred Targe would have a 80% chance to block which is just 2% less than HOZ. Hence for total blocking = 75 (max/desired) and block = block on shield, holyshield bonus, GA, icb ammy, etc one needs less dex to achieve max block :p

Also to really have a shield with huge resistance i would choose one with inherent 40+ res all so that in a good roll the end result would be a shield with over 100+ res all :p Another reason why r/ws aren't made in normal/exceptional sheild is that defence is much desired now and with holyshield/defiance taking it to higher levels you'd want an elite pally shield with decent defence. However if a sheild is solely used for the purposes of prebuffing like a spirit+beast on a palabear then normal/exceptional shields would actually be better in the sense of acessibility. Cheers and hope i helped :D

6. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

Yes, thanks for the information!