Help me choose a color for my car!

Donkey Button

Diabloii.Net Member
Help me choose a color for my car!

Hello everyone. I have a 1971 Chevelle Malibu and I am looking to get it painted. I was originally going to paint it black with yellow racing strips but when I brought it in to get an estimate the guy advised me not to.

So now I am in the market for a new color for my car. I know I want racing strips on it so I am thinking of new colors to paint it.

Right now I am thinking about a dark blue, like a midnight blue, with white racing strips or a light blue, like a sky or something, with white racing strips.

I want more suggestions so why don't you guys give me some ideas/suggestions on new colors or comments on the colors I am thinking about now.

<3

HAMC8112

Diabloii.Net Member
Donkey Button said:
I was originally going to paint it black with yellow racing strips but when I brought it in to get an estimate the guy advised me not to.

<3
Go for the yellow strips on the black. Why not?

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, after Garbad's post there's no point in anyone else saying anything, because no matter what you come up with, it won't be as good.

That said, my suggestion is the midnight blue with a white stripe, or a slightly lighter blue with a black stripe.

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah, deffinitely the midnight blue and white stripes. :thumbsup:

edit: dark red with black stripes looks awesome too

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
Is dual-layer-shadowing-effects not an option? Saw it on "Pimp My Ride" -- the guy got a layer of metallic purple under a metallic mignight blue... and somehow, different lighting angles gave the car different colours...

I must say, it was pretty crazy stuff.

If you must have stripes though, I'd go with gold instead of yellow.

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
Nighthawk Black Pearl.

Phoenix Yellow.

Championship White.

My car is Nighthawk Black Pearl. Looks hawt.