Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help making chaos claw

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by mscoe, Apr 8, 2004.

1. mscoe

mscoe IncGamers Member

Help making chaos claw

I am new to sins and want to make a chaos claw. My question is: which claw should I use (suwayyah?) and + to what skills should I look for on the claw. Thanks.

2. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

It all depends on the build you are looking to use your claw with are you going to blade fury, use Pheonix strike or Dtalon. With each type of Assassin you could plan to use different choices are more appealing.

Personally I think that the type of claw is not as important as the "staff mods" attached to the claw but then again I made mine for Blade fury where weapon speed isn't an issue. I perfer to use a claw with +3 death sentry since I use that trap a considerable amount. But your build will determine what is best for your chaos claw.

3. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Ya, like Uzziah said. Obviouly you are better off finding +skills that help you when you're wearing the claw. What I mean by that is, if you're using 2 +3 shadow claws on switch to cast shadow master and venom, thoes skills would be pretty useless on the chaos. However other passives like weapon block and claw mastery would be great to have on the chaos.

Also, a good thing to think about is skills that would require pre-req's. So lets say you would like to have Dragon flight, but never see yourself using any of the 3 (i think) pre req's for dragon flight, then if you found a claw with +x to dragon flight, you'd actually save 4 skill points to put elsewhere.

Along the same lines, Lets say you wanted to use Wake of Inferno, as a one point wonder, if you found a claw with +x to WoI, you woulden't have to spend any points in traps at all to gain use of that skill.

These are just general 'ways of thinking' about what skills would be best to have on a claw. What type of sin build is this for? I may be able to give some more accurate suggestions.

4. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

If you're making this PvP, you want it in a Suwayyah, nothing else. Other than that, go with what the other guys have said.

5. mscoe

mscoe IncGamers Member

I am building a PvP character. I put max into claw mastery, block, venom, and a lot into shadow master. I put 1 point into WoF, dragon flight, mind blast and the prereqs. I am level 71 right now. I was thinking blade shield would be a good skill to have on the claw. I also have +11 to skills.

6. Phresh

Phresh IncGamers Member

yes the reason why suwayyah is the best is because it has a base speed of 0 therefore the 35ias given in chaos breaks the 30ias breakpoint...and it has the highest dmg from the 0 speed claws

7. CEG

CEG IncGamers Member

I have a pvp Dtalon sin that I will be making Chaos for. Would suwayyah still be the best?

sorry if this is considered hijacking, but it seems to be inline with the thread more or less.

8. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

for both cases are the assassins going to do PvM on the side with the claws, if so, vanilla (no +skills) suyywahs are less mind-boggling to repair.

If only used for PvP though, +3 Claw Block would definitely be better...

9. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I hate to burst bubbles but you will not find a claw able to make chaos in with +3 claw mastery the claws are too high in ilvl by the time you get the staff mod claws to get a white or grey claw with a tier 1 "staff mod" see this thread for details http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=147682

10. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

he stated if you had 2 x +3 shadow mastery claws on weapon switch to pre-buff the shadow ... as in magic claws .... not as in white claws to make chaos out of.

11. umbrella

umbrella IncGamers Member

He means Shadow Discipline Claws.

Two on switch = +6 SD.

I prefer Cta. :D