Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help: Level 9 WereWolf PK

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Kitriara, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

Help: Level 9 WereWolf PK

So with all the hubbub over in the hardcore forum, I was thinking of trying my hand at a level 9 werewolf PK character who would go after higher levels. I'm not item-rich and therefore he will not be ultra amazing, but what the heck, this game is for fun so bear with me. This character would be rushed to act 5 for the bonuses and waypoints.

This means I have:
    45 stat points (including the book)
    12 skill points (including den, rad and izzy)
    +10 all res from anya
    I can use no runes and only up to flawed gems.

I was thinking of using the full Sigons Set, since it has so many great bonuses and is wearable at level 6 (charms for strength). I would end up having, with anya, the following bonuses:

Fire: 44
    Cold: 50
    Lightning: 40
    Poison: 10
    Run/Walk: 20%
    AR: +162
    IAS: 30%
    Life: +20
    Def: +143 on top of normal def
    Damage: +24 max fire

Obviously, the angelic amulet and rings are probably my best choice.
    The biggest issue is the weapon.
    I was thinking of using Khalims Flail... its very fast and has elemental damage, too! Other choices include Rixots Keen (20% ar, 25% CB), Blood Crescent (+15 prismatic, 15% IAS, 33% OW), or crushflange (Fire +50%, 33% CB).

Does anyone have any advice for attempting a build like, or optimal balances of points between werewolf and lycan? (I'm gonna drop 1 in oak since it has a nice bonus)

Many thanks to anyone who can help here!!!
    -- Kit

2. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

khalims flail socketed could be a nice option. slap a 20ed/9max in it (level 9). it would probably rock.
    5 socketed flail would be great as well with a collection of ed/max/min jewels in it. i suggest waiting for a 11%+ ED superior from hell mode, run a socket quest on it, should get 5 holes.
    angelic set is level 12
    rare amulets and rings are where its at. i have some with 6 lines of mods on them. if you want great boots, craft them. otherwise, hsaru's are fairly staple. crafting with a low level can make for some sweet gear.

get 6 pskulls and roll upper level rare jewels and items. use a like level 20-30 guy to hit level 9 ish mods.
    i have an account filled with pskulls for this purpose :) although to roll em right, you need 2-3 account full.
    armour? well, standard was 3 flawed rubies in a superior breastplate. if you go os and high lycanthropy, maybe a workable thing. however, theres Spirit mod on jewels, you can get great mods plus them and do much better.

3. Kitriara

Oh man I'm on crack, somehow I forgot angelic is level 12!!!

Thanks for the advice, I'll definately put it to use!

4. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

best shield to use Pelta lunata vs melee or blocking arrows, its fastest blocking and highest chance to block you are going to find. you can get some res all in it with a flawed diamond for cheap, or you can go ed/damage in it which from my experience is better for a melee fight. you'll want some min damage in your gear as flails have a low of 1 which on a higher character will not go into hit recovery, something you need to look sexy and mean.

i would make a caster switch as not many people have any elemental damage worth noting from levels 12-25. you could get a 3 socketed Large round shield thing and put 3 flawed diamonds in it for 24% res all. you need cannot be frozen or a caster will wax you in a flash. only way to get that is hsaru's set (which is good if you dont want blocking) or death's sash. death's sash and gloves, well, im not sure if they will speed you up any but they do give massive poison resistance and 15% res all. About the only set combo i would go for.

also remember about +20/2 poison mod on jewels. You could get a 3 socketed shield again and put 3 of then im there and get a mod of poison on a javelin and chuck it at someone. Add to that some poison small charms, and youll see a big drop in their hps. other option is to get a long battle bow of 6 sockets with 6 20/2 poison jewels. I recommend javelins or throwing knives/axes over the bow as the arrows move slower. Death's set here will shine with its +30% ias. then hit the switch to go to wolf and flail the poop out of them. :) khalims with a wolf and some extra ed/max-min would be nice. on rares you can get mods like 3-7 damage +20% ed and other things that are surpising to find on a low level jewel.

level 9 lc's can spawn 15 life, sc's cannot spawn life. Cold damage is only on a very hard to find Grand charm. I suggest getting 12% fhr Gc's with a nice mod like +1 max. Youll need the fhr as you will be smacked down hard half the time. i have 2 51 poison damage Lc's that got a double mod on them. rare as heck to find, but I found them both in a few days in normal cow runs.

it takes like 2 weeks to make one of these guys and a lot of tradeing and crafting and cowing. :)

5. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Horadric staff is a vs. Caster option... Or socketing fast weapons, of course.

I never LLDed much, but it's fun. Werewolf might be tough to do, but good luck!

6. Kitriara

Yeah, you never see level 9 werewolves. Figured I may as well give it a go to be original.

I was actually thinking of using parts of both Death's and Sigons.

Sigons armor, boots and helm ensure that I get some resist and a some partial set bonuses to attack rating... maybe the shield since it has the highest blocking and a nice little +skill, but other uniques or even socketed ones might be better.

I'm not sure if using death's entire set would be helpful or not... I would only have 2 belt rows, but I'd get a prismatic bonus, CBF, 30% IAS and 25-75 cold on the weapon, which I think might be more effective than the lightning on Khalims Flail since it'll also freeze them.

Using lots of 20/2 sounds like a great idea! Didnt even think of it...

If anyone thinks I'll have better luck asking this question in the PvP forum I'll move it, but it seems like people here have a better idea of werewolves.

Thanks!!!

7. daskidude

daskidude Banned

also, get rushed to hell, so you can get 8 more skill points and 10 more stat points and 20 more res. give up your hellforge for this then you can truely kick some ***

8. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

If you're talking about HC dueling, I can give you a few peices of advice :

Use a bear. They're better in my experience. You WILL need a NM pa atleast.

Khalims will// Clegs sword (for those targets which arent very threatening)
    2 socket Bonesheild of deflecting(max min)
    4 socket gothic plate (max/min jewels)
    3 sock Crown (max/min) *If you can find it, a +3 skill 3 socketed one works excellent (+3 ravens +3 lyc +3 bear would be godly with even 2 socks)
    Deaths belt
    Sigons gloves/boots
    AR stuff for jewelry.

lvl 9 lycathropy
    lvl 3 Werebear
    lvl 3 Oak

You'll have decent life anyway, you won't be 1 shot killed anyhow (duh). People will attack your sage, so you can mow them down rather quickly. If you can get Ravens, all the better. More paw swipes will penatrate sheilding.

Why a 4 socket gothic? You're going to want that extra 9 damage. You're damage is very un impressive 9/10 times, but it's quick and you're hard to kill

If you can, team up with a shout barb and a lvl 9 defiant sac pala.....Def at 3k for a lvl 9 isn't too bad.

Since you're a druid, you're better off using +life charms instead of +stat.