Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help in finding a clean bill/voulge

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by fahartle, Sep 11, 2006.

1. fahartle

fahartle IncGamers Member

Help in finding a clean bill/voulge

Hey guys,
    All right, this is getting ridiculous. I've been keeping an eye out for a clean bill or even a voulge to make an insight out of for a week (since I picked back up Diablo). No luck so far and my necro is itching to go CE happy! Can someone remind me where to find the percentage drop calculators are? I'm thinking about stripping off my mf gear and helping out some cow levelers in the hopes of finding one but want to be sure a bill will drop in nightmare cows or I'll just head to normal and look for a voulge. Thanks!

2. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

I think that's a safe bet. Cows are my best reliable source of socketables. If you're serious about a voulge, why not just try shopping one with a low level mule in act 1 or 2 normal? I'm sure they sell non-magics at that level in addition to magic stuff. Just a thought...:thumbsup:

3. fahartle

Doh! Ha, I practically forget that you can buy anything other than potions and scrolls at those places. Thanks!

4. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

Aren't those shopped ones only 3os due to low item level?

5. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Just curious ...but any reason for the bill/voulge as you can make insight in all the polearm classes?

6. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

@lagalot: probably low reqs with decent damage for what ur getting...ive always liked a bill...its about perfect for the level of insight. Although a partizan is about the same, more damage but slower.

another thing I had come across in a post earlier...dont leave behind those low quality poleys. If you cube them with a chippie and an el (or eld...cant remember) rune they convert to normal weapon ilvl=1. this means only 4 soc max which is exactly what you'll get in the socket quest. No more sacrificing amns and crossing yoru fingers :grin:

of course, they need to be items form nm on i think...casue you only get 3 sockets form norm. Im not sure about the equation but its worked twice for me so far on a cv and a gpoley

Malachi

7. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I thought all ilvl 1 polearms had a maximum of 3 sockets. This list says that, and it has always been in line with my experiences. Great for Crescent Moon if nothing else...

The '3 socket cap' in Normal is only valid for items that drop (or are offered for sale) with sockets already. Items you or Larzuk put sockets in are only affected by the item level and the max. number from the list I referred to.
    You can take an ilvl 28 War Staff (like from the cow level) in Normal and get 6 sockets in it.

8. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

ya..that was my experinece too...3 soc max...but the recepie worked for me...hmm this might do well for some further testing. I have a few norm mules that are rearing for their socket quest. I mgiht just have to do this

...swear i did it before but my brain is gettign foggy in its old age :grin:

Malachi

9. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

I found a few Bec-de-Corbins for Insight usage. I think they're pretty decent too right?

Btw I think I may have an extra 4 socket bec de corbin, but I'm not on USeast so I cn't help you :(

10. fahartle

Wow, thanks for all the help guys! The day after I posted this I found a clean voulge in Nightmare. Took a chance on the cube recipie and wound up with 4os (yay!). I also bought a clean Colossus Voulge for a few Pgems on the trade forums, so now I'll have one for my low level and my high level chars. I'm set - just gotta find some sols ^_^.

11. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

The Countess awaits you. :azn:

12. fahartle

Well, live and learn. I'll go ahead and publicize my latest goof on the newcomer forums to help out others looking for a good insight polearm. I just spent 5 Pgems on a colossus voulge (4 sockets naturally, so no worries getting a workable one from the socket quest - and a half chance if I just wanted to use the cube recipie). Great damage, but it didn't occur to me until afterward that that puppy has a 210 str requirement. Ouch!

Looking online, I see that an act 2 nightmare might merc will get the reqs by himself around lvl 99. Yeesh. To use the darn thing (and it'll be pretty nice, admittedly, with that high damage), I'm now limited to helms and armors with a hefty str bonus. I know there are a bunch out there that will boost it up there, but I hate to limit my options like that. Just a friendly warning to the rest of you guys to keep a lookout for those requirements!

13. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

A cheap option to raise your merc's strength is Duriel's Shell, Griswold's armor, or Andy's hat.

14. malakho

malakho IncGamers Member

not to mention a few socket quests and pamethysts :)
    one in helm, one in armor = 20 pts (10 lvls worth about)
    also dont forget leviathan armor (think its 20 pts, and some DR too)
    um, veil of steel (20-ish), guilliams face (15)
    socket any of these for even more
    dur....cant think of any others right now

Malachi