Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help in Alithra/x on East.

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by LuckyDwarf, Jan 31, 2004.

1. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Help in Alithra/x on East.

I only switched characters ONCE and I got the hack-preventer disconnection.
    Someone please watch my gear for me!

Lucky

2. LuckyDwarf

Itamz gone again. -.- Sheesh. I switched chars once.. after holding a game open for 5 minutes. Stupid.

Lucky

3. Rimuladas

Rimuladas IncGamers Member

god that makes me mad when that disconnect happens. I have found a workaround though. I just reset my connection on the cable/dsl/isdn modem re log in and im good to go. takes about 1min or so. Try it next time, it may work.

-rim

4. turnips

turnips IncGamers Member

That doesn't seem to work for me =(

5. LuckyDwarf

I use a cable modem, a surfboard to be specific, so would I just unhook the cable in the back then replug it? I'll try it next time, thanks.

Lucky

6. annr

annr IncGamers Member

oh man i hatehatehhate when that happens. and i can't use a friend for muling because i mule a lot, and i have no one to mule with.

lost a wiz spike, nice runes, and other various goodies i have ignored long enough to forget them, happened maybe two/three times.

7. gummy

gummy IncGamers Member

you guys can msg me if I'm on and I'll help you guys mule... only if you'll help me mule too... I've lost some half decent stuff by getting the realm down message a lot.

*unsungzeros @ useast hcl

8. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

If you're on static IP there is no way to "come back". So, people on dial up and some of the cable/dsl users (very few though, as even with dynamic IP, it isn't changed every time you log on) can do it, but the rest will have to live with that feature I think.

Also, I've noticed that it's not how long you've been in the game that causes the "crash". It's how fast you:

esc+exit -> go back to the char rooster -> log in with a new char -> create/enter a game

...that matters if you get booted or not. Of course, when self muling, the game itself might dissapear if you don't stay 5 mins, but that has nothing to do with the bannings.

So: Next time, make sure you take a moment and breathe between every step of those above when self muling. If you have been in a game for five minutes, there is absolutely no rush back in with the next char. Take your time - it will pay off!