Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help i need a build with aldurs set.

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Killer_sss, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Killer_sss

Killer_sss IncGamers Member

help i need a build with aldurs set.

i cant stand poison its just too weak id like to use the wolf form but im open to sujjestions either bear or wolf. im also looking for what else i can use. since im in ss mode i really cant use elemental much. anybody got ne build ideas.

meleementalist using fire skills and a high level grizz bear found this in another thread and id like an elaboration if possible thanx.

2. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

Druids really got hosed on their set.

The sets worst failing point is the rotten phys damage on the maul. If you insist on using the full set, plan on working around that, at the least.

The only parts of the set that could be the best option is the armor+boots. In any other given situation, there are always going to be better options. So, plan on using a strong enough build that doesn't necessarily require the best gear to be successful.

Follow these two rules, and you should be able build a successful Druid using the guides listed in the Sticky thread. Btw, if the links in the sticky thread don't work, change them to say http://forums.diabloii.net/..... :thumbsup:

3. Killer_sss

i tried those the other day still no luck even with diabloii.net. i dunno quite what i wana do with this set im thinking speed with this set is essential because of the tiny tiny dmg. therefore the reason y id rather do a wolfy.
    also thinking on doing some open wounds with it. i just dunno what to do if i should go pure ss with feral and fury or to just go fury and compliment it with summoning. im gona have a major problem with imunes if i do that though. so maybe some fireclaws for fire dmg. anybody got neideas on what i can do hear?

4. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

yeah i cant recommend aldurs set for any druid...its no good for melee due to low dmg weap, nor elemental due to no fcr

5. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

There's no FCR on Aldur's, but you can almost make up for that with:

Magefists (20%)
    Arachnid's (20%)
    Lidless/Spirit (20%/25%-35%)
    Two FCR Rings (10% each)
    FCR Ammy (10%)

That comes out to 90%-115%.

But that makes you lose nearly ALL flexibility on gear choice.

6. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty IncGamers Member

A wind druid can make it using only the gear they pick up, so they can certainly make do with the set. But as said, the lack of FCR makes it less desirable. The other option is either Fireclaws or Rabies. A hybrid is possible if you're willing to use the Carrion Wind synergy bug, too, but you might not be that cheesy. Fireclaws did it for me, but its not the greatest of kits. And forget Fury, the weapon is not nearly powerful enough.

I'm starting to think someone should write an Aldur's set guide, since this question pops up all the time.

7. Killer_sss

well ive already tried out the carrion bug and i found out i just dont like the poison dmg cause it doesnt stack it just restarts the timer. if i were to do fireclaws what kinda speed are we talking about and how many points should i invest in fire skills. im thinking about putting 3 shaels in weapon. also say i was to use fury what frame rate would that put me at for open wounds and does open wounds stack or is it just like poison does it reset the timer on the dmg? also im not very good at summoning druids which i think would complement the build well. which would be better oak sage or the one with the red aura affect?

8. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

I like physical damage builds with aldurs, becuause, although the weapons damage is low, the whole set bonuses add 350ed, which should be taken advantage of.

A fury druid using full aldurs will be sufficient for soloing hell, just dont expcet to kill very fast on any setting above p1.

Fred

9. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

physical immunes.

10. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

physical immunes are not as common, as, say, fire immunes, and you can always have a backup attack such as, rabies that is synergised by carrion wind

Fred

11. harley98

harley98 IncGamers Member

kaz's flaming rabies guide seems like it might be feasable for the aldur's set. you can find it in (rabies druid?) post. i would put at least 1 dol in the mace to help spread the rabies quicker tho.