Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

help! half of my items just disappeared

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by lior, May 25, 2005.

1. lior

lior IncGamers Member

help! half of my items just disappeared

I played, closed diablo for 30min and started playing again and suddenly, my weapon and shield are gone, most of my runes are gone.
    What's weird is that all the money that was in the stash was moved to my char, some items from stash moved to cube(and a unique that was in cube disappeared) 2 gems and 1 rune that were in inv. got moved to another place in inv. (while charms and tomb were left unmoved).
    What the hell happened? I got hacked?
    note that my items are basics, the runes were shael, hel and lum.
    Occulus was taken, raven frost with 20dex taken and moser's shield taken, but shako and war traveller were left so I don't think someone guessed the password...
    I played ladder on europe, and I only started playing less than a week ago after not playing a year and a half.

PLEASE HELP
    sorry for the long post.

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

first, dont make excuses for making long posts! long posts are never wrong.
    might have been a rollback you were exposed to.
    Do you remember if you recently moved the disappeared items onto the char from which they poofed? Sometimes the game does that.
    To explain it a bit in brief. the game "forgets" the latest changes, and returns to a previous stadium. (in this case to a stadium where your items were somewhere else)
    and there is nothing to do about it... :(

3. lior

lior IncGamers Member

No, like I said I started playing d2 again less than a week ago so I only got 1 character.
    And I got the shako from a trade just before I quit and also found war traveller and another unique from the same game(so just before the items disappeared) and the unique was gone and war traveller is still here. I got moser's 4 days ago.

4. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Well, please answer frankly to these questions :

- Did you ever download a third party program (for example, a Diablo2 loader, a Maphack, a bot, etc...) ?
    - Did you ever *type* your password elsewhere than in the logging screen (i.e. answering to someone with /dnd, etc...) ?
    - Is your password a simple word or is it strong enough (long enough character/letter mix) ?
    - Do you have friends that know your password / share your account ?

Just trying to help,
    - Frosty

5. lior

lior IncGamers Member

easy passowrd - yes, was 2 letters.
    used to use maphack(before 1.10), but this time only tired it.
    Never typed my password elsewhere.
    But then again if someone guessed it, why did he took moser's and raven (or even shael and sol) and not traveller and shako? Why was my money moved from stash to character and why 2 gems that were on my character's inv where moved inside the inv to a place where it would distrube placing bigger items.

6. Frosty_The_Snowman

You'll probably never know the how and the why :scratch:.
    But I recommend you immediatly change your password to a stronger one, with at least 8 characters, and in the best case, try to mix letters and numbers. Don't chose a common word, it is too easy to guess with a bruteforce program. You can go for a password that is simple to type (nearby letters) so it won't be a pain to type it everytime you log in.

7. lior

lior IncGamers Member

:( :( :(

Well, is it worth emailing bliz?
    I wrote to their support, but can they do anything about it ?

8. Frosty_The_Snowman

No they can't. I think they would give you the same kind of advices concerning your password. But in no way, they would/could give you your items back :hanky:...

9. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

if maphack is still installed on your computer someone probably is getting your password. delete it and do a complete reinstall of d2 and lod. you should also scan for viruses and trojan horses in case it installed the file somewhere else. then change your password of course. as for why he left your travs and shako, who knows. maybe he wanted you to keep mfing to get him some more presents.