Help(>^^)> Fury Druid<(^^<)

GaNoN

Diabloii.Net Member
Help(>^^)> Fury Druid<(^^<)

Hi all:wave:
i need help with my Fury druid, im going mad cuz i cant undertand a **** of TheDragoon Werewolf speed calculator, so plz help me guys.
The idea For My Fury Druid is to have most important : max block, Max or Closest to max DMG reduction and max attack speed. as well as GOOD % CB and
good % DS too. its basically a boss killer (<3 Dclone&Ubers). so my idea for ekipment is:Eth DEATH zerker axe or ettin (not sure, cuz i got a good eth 5 sox ettin 15% ed clean)//// Upgraded Twitchthroe + 15% ias jewel in it ( i use this to have max block in storm shield :p) ///Stormshield with UM or 15% ias jewel in it///Verdungo belt////Jalal +15% ias jewel in it//// gore boots/// Hightlord Amulet /// perf raven//// good dual
ring or nice ll crafted ring).

The problem i have is that i dont know a **** about how to get 7/4 in fury (they told me thats the perfect) so plz mainly help me with the IAS Problem and any ideas about the stuff i chosed would be nice too:wink2:
Plz i need the help of really exped people when it comes to druid. :thumbsup: Ty.:thumbsup:

Kosmos

Diabloii.Net Member
For PvM use a 2-hander.

Eth Tombreaver being the best. Sock it with 2* ed/ ias

If you cant afford that then i suggest upped Ribcracker with shael or ed/ias.

eBotd gpa is nice to if you can afford.

Kosmos

Diabloii.Net Member
also. only weapon ias counts in shifted form. so sock your armors with other stuff.

i would suggest this gear if your not so rich for pvm:

uppgraded Ribcracker 29x ed socked with shael or ed/ias jewel
Jallals helm (sock it with ed jewel)
Duress armor (for cb)
Gorerider boots (for ds and cb)
Verdugos belt
Draculs gloves. (lifetap is essential for survival vs ubers)
highlords (nice ds)
2 * ravens (just for ar)

charms: 9 shapeskillers, anni and tourch

:thumbsup:

Osmium

Diabloii.Net Member
also. only weapon ias counts in shifted form. so sock your armors with other stuff.

i would suggest this gear if your not so rich for pvm:

uppgraded Ribcracker 29x ed socked with shael or ed/ias jewel
Jallals helm (sock it with ed jewel)
Duress armor (for cb)
Gorerider boots (for ds and cb)
Verdugos belt
Draculs gloves. (lifetap is essential for survival vs ubers)
highlords (nice ds)
2 * ravens (just for ar)

charms: 9 shapeskillers, anni and tourch

:thumbsup:
shaeled ribby,cuz it goes 8/5 if i am not wrong........

Osmium

Diabloii.Net Member
cuz 1 handers don't generaly have cb/ds.....a lot of block........but a wuss in terms of pvm

Kosmos

Diabloii.Net Member
cuz 1 handers don't generaly have cb/ds.....a lot of block........but a wuss in terms of pvm
well thats now why really there are alot of 1 handers with cb/ds.

The reason is because block isnt needed in pvm because the monsters are not hard enough to kill you without shield anyway. So why not use a weapon that does more than twice the damage of a 1-hander...

Kirah

Diabloii.Net Member
Depending on the nature of your build and if you play as single player or player-8, the one handed build can work. I typically play as the 'party wolf' build where my job is to hold off the monster rush with my melee buddy the barb. This buys time for the heavy artillery to kick in and pound the monsters enough for the barb and me to wipe them out. Party wolf skills are (max lycanth, max fury, max Oak Sage, close to max bear, then 10 points into ww / fury). Typical strategy is to be the first line of defense and cast bear on a party member who is in trouble. The party wolf can switch to single player mode with a simple press of the 'w' key and I switch to a 2 hander (tomb reaver non-ethereal since I'm not rich). The combo of BO / OS really ups the sorcs & other spell casters and prevents the 'glass cannon' effect. Many of the elite 1 handers can have cb / ds / ow or some combo of those. I'm not a super big fan of ds, but cb & ow are critical in uber tristram land. I find that the socketed stormshield really increases your ability to take a pounding.

Good luck and Good Hunting!
Kirah

xpumafangx

Diabloii.Net Member
I prefer 1 handed builds over 2 handed builds for pvm and pvp. I will give you a perfect set up of items for this, if your going to go pure pvm I would storngly go with maxing fury/hunger.

weapon greif phase blade
helm jalals shealed and guilhams face umed
armor treachery and duress
boots gore riders
rings raven frostsx2
amulet highlords
sheild storm sheild shealed
gloves dracs
switch cta and spirit monarh
24% faster hit recovery, plus to stats, plus to life belt

Use the treachery for prebuffing fade. It will give you 15% dr and will max out your dr as well. Then know that your getting a large boost in resist all it should max out or get close to maxed out resist all. Use the duress as a back up armor for killing ubers as in you can switch out the treachery and put a different armor on. So put on duress when attacking the ubers.

Your charms should be a ton of lifer charms with a anni and hellfire druid torch. Inless you want to pick up the hellfire when your duing ubers. Then build this with out using a hellfire.

Talking
max block
max dr
ton of life
little bit over resist all in all elements
High damage around 15-15k damage 1 handed....
20 +33 + 15 = 68% deadly strike
15+15+35 = 65% crushing blow
10 + 25 + 33 = 68% open wounds

Thats a chance of a little bit over half of causing one of these effects per hit.

Clay bizzle

Diabloii.Net Member
An awesome combo for PvM, even against Ubers, is Shaeled Stormlash to bring down a bosses life to around 1/3, then switch to Grief phase blade. Trust me I've used it, and it's really good. Stormlash has 33% cb and casts Static Field quite often.

Osmium

Diabloii.Net Member
Depending on the nature of your build and if you play as single player or player-8, the one handed build can work. I typically play as the 'party wolf' build where my job is to hold off the monster rush with my melee buddy the barb. This buys time for the heavy artillery to kick in and pound the monsters enough for the barb and me to wipe them out. Party wolf skills are (max lycanth, max fury, max Oak Sage, close to max bear, then 10 points into ww / fury). Typical strategy is to be the first line of defense and cast bear on a party member who is in trouble. The party wolf can switch to single player mode with a simple press of the 'w' key and I switch to a 2 hander (tomb reaver non-ethereal since I'm not rich). The combo of BO / OS really ups the sorcs & other spell casters and prevents the 'glass cannon' effect. Many of the elite 1 handers can have cb / ds / ow or some combo of those. I'm not a super big fan of ds, but cb & ow are critical in uber tristram land. I find that the socketed stormshield really increases your ability to take a pounding.

Good luck and Good Hunting!
Kirah
a ton of life and a ton of blocking are necesary when tanking.........but on the ubers or boses 2h are the way to go.........

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
Why is a shield not as necessary vs ubers? I see a shield as a way to get resistances, free life from not being hit, and damage reduction.

I dont know druids as well as I should but for ubers, I would much rather use a shield.

sablast

Diabloii.Net Member
the point is, blocking interrupts fury. Also, wolfs hit recovery is faster (better) then his block rate. Thats why people usually like 2 handers more for pvm. In that case leech and range is what keeps wolf alive.
My advice is 2 hander for pvm, although I have max block on all my wolves, but I don't use a shield in pvm.

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for clearing that up. I am not quite on my druid game yet and still have yet to learn the wise ways of the druid. i will now xfer my non-eth tombreaver over to my druid :thumbsup: life is good

P.S. doesn't hit recovery also interrupt fury?

sablast

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for clearing that up. I am not quite on my druid game yet and still have yet to learn the wise ways of the druid. i will now xfer my non-eth tombreaver over to my druid :thumbsup: life is good

P.S. doesn't hit recovery also interrupt fury?
of course.
But when using 2 handed weapon, most of the time you'll have range advantage, unless surrounded or if you're not using shift at all, so interruptions will not be as often as when using one hander. And if you have max block, (and almost no defence, which is the case with wolves) you can be sure that almost every fury won't last more then 2-3 swings. Fighting monsters that way just seems slow.
If you don't mind that, use shield. It is a matter of preference, after all

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
so with the shift fury thing all i do is find a pack of monsters and hit shift and click fury and it will hit them sooner than if i clicked on the monsters?

sablast

Diabloii.Net Member
so with the shift fury thing all i do is find a pack of monsters and hit shift and click fury and it will hit them sooner than if i clicked on the monsters?
something like that. Hold your mouse button on which you have fury, and just before monsters (or player if pvp) are in range, press and hold shift. If you do it on time, you will attack them on your maximum or almost maximum range, depending on your timing. Before hitting shift, you can namelock some monster, walk/run somewhere or stand still, it doesn't matter.
You will need some practise to get it right, but it is not hard, as you can see :).
If you namelock (or just click) on someone and attack without shift, it will not land on max range, because in time between start of attack and landing, monster will most likely come closer.