Help For Orb Sorc

dimsum

Banned
Help For Orb Sorc

I just started playn again classic non ladder west.

making a frozen orb sorc. my friend has a FB sorc so I just want all orb.

I maked out frozen orb and frozen bolt. working on maxing cold mastery now.

should i max out a cold armor?
then what? for the rest of skills

Locke07

Diabloii.Net Member
I just started playn again classic non ladder west.

making a frozen orb sorc. my friend has a FB sorc so I just want all orb.

I maked out frozen orb and frozen bolt. working on maxing cold mastery now.

should i max out a cold armor?
then what? for the rest of skills
Well that all depends on what you want to do with your sorc? I would suggest teleport allowing limitless teleing other options include Thunderstorm for handeling lightning immunes, Static for faster killing speed, of Energy shiled/telekeniesis for damage reduction. If you plan on MFing and rushing I suggest putting 20 solid points into tele because at a lvl 20 it will cost 1 mana which beats warmth in mana conservation and day.

brucmack

Diabloii.Net Member
If you won't be soloing anything in hell, then don't worry about making a dual-element...

Static is a great skill for parties, because you can let others tank and static non-stop from a safe distance. You don't need many points in it before you can hit from a safe distance... maybe 5 or so. The only lightning immunes in CS are easily handled by orb anyway.

Then put the rest in teleport... I guess energy shield is an option, but it requires a lot of skill points to be really effective.

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
Then put the rest in teleport... I guess energy shield is an option, but it requires a lot of skill points to be really effective.
o_O I have found one hard pt in ES, and one from the ammy is quite effective when one actively teleports around to avoid getting hit. of course high fhr is helpful to continue being able to teleport if one does get hit. I know a couple of others that don't put a single hard pt into energy shield, and instead shop a staff with it to 'prebuff' it. *Shrug*

my lvl 74 orber does "mini raids" (vizier/infector) solo w/out too much trouble (essentially zero trouble if I use one of my baba's on my laptop to BO her to boost her life/mana even more) I can however some very very high resist items on her, and sometimes will toss nightsmoke/dark glow, and nozokan on her.

combined, the insane resistance combined with the giant dtm makes it a different style of play altogether. (I lose 48 fhr going this route however from the belt/armor that she normally wears, and only gain the nozokan's what 20?
back)

to the original poster. I wouldn't put more than a single skill into frozen armor, and many wouldn't even do that, instead preferring to shop a staff with it. I prefer to not have to stop to pre-buff frozen armor/energy shield so I typically will put one skill pt in one, or the other, or sometimes both so if it runs out, I can quickly recast it w/out switching out the shard/shield for the stick with the skill on it.

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
yea buts its classic, dual element sorcs are weak. I just want to MF, help rush, CS runs w/ my buds.
For Orb, the Frozen Bolt synergy isn't that strong and I prefer to put a bunch into Static. A high-level Static with FCR in a full game is great for reducing lots of monsters HP very quickly and making things go smoothly for everyone else. You won't be actually be able to do the finishing off for the cold immunes, but in party play, you'll speed things up signficiantly.